IGNORED

COD wants to leave - The Times

I agree there’s a good footballer in there but sadly he didn’t produce anywhere close to often enough for us. Take the money, especially if it’s £6m or more, tell his old man to do one and move on.

And even if he turns out to be a raving success elsewhere he couldn’t do it for us on a regular basis so this deal sounds like great business.

44 minutes ago, Olé said:

That's a different version of events to LJ saying he didn't want to play. Perhaps this version is from his agent, it certainly reads that way, and might suggest that Mr. 10% has failed to drum up enough interest himself so has now resorted to barely disguised "come and get me" ads in the national media. Never a good look for player or agent, but that's him finished at City. ?

I've posted several times and said he done the same at Oxford to force his move. His dad's his agent and looks like he's tried it again but it's back fired. He's done here so get what we can and move on.

40 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Johnson implied that COD wouldn’t play so it’s LJ word against COD. I believe LJ.  

Me too. He has a habit of picking up lengthy injuries, I’ve said before no two game niggles for him, so no doubt once he had made up his mind he didn’t want to risk getting injured again.

An exciting player when on his game, but similar to Kelly just not on his game often enough. (To be fair Kelly is younger and has less experience)I don’t think he is really head and shoulders above much of what is out there personally,

It seems his Dad and his Agent ( if they are not the same) have mostly spent his career touting him around. I know you want the best for your kids but selling them to the highest bidder doesn’t feel right to me. Life of a footballer I guess.

i really think he believes his own hype.

It always grates on me when a player has been out with a long injury but then acts like they're deserving of so much better than the club they signed for once they're back playing.

O'Dowda made more appearances for City than Lloyd Kelly did this season but the latter just on with his training and waited for first team opportunities.

Maybe it's his previous behaviour at Oxford or LJ's comments but I think BCFC supporters have made their minds up with respect to O'Dowda's commitment.

13 minutes ago, Nibor said:

He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, just runs very quickly in straight lines, doesn't supply much quality and bottles challenges. I'd snap someone's hand off for £6m and not look back, he won't play successfully at a higher level than this because he doesn't have the mentality.

Agreed, no way near worth £6mil. More than likely we will sell him for £2mil. COD for me has been a massive let down and has not improved much since first joining us. So would be a win win to make a profit on him and replace him with better.

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Agreed, no way near worth £6mil. More than likely we will sell him for £2mil. COD for me has been a massive let down and has not improved much since first joining us. So would be a win win to make a profit on him and replace him with better.

CoD is an international footballer.......City will get more than £6m for him. 

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

5 goals and 8 assists in 3 years....

Never understood the love in for the guy . Massively over rated.

£6m? Yes please 

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Look at his goal away to Norwich. That is what he can do. Still young so needs to do it more consistently. Imagine he will get there. 

A lot of City fans don’t seem to realise that young players improve. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If he had longer on his contract they would.

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

We wouldn't make a profit on COD if we sold him for £2m as 30% goes to Oxford.

In today's market he goes for at least £6m imo, especially if Prem clubs are interested. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For ROI. Hardly Brazil is it?

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Look at his goal away to Norwich. That is what he can do. Still young so needs to do it more consistently. Imagine he will get there. 

A lot of City fans don’t seem to realise that young players improve. 

If he had longer on his contract they would.

Come on Dave. He's 24 years old. In Football, that is hardly young, near enough heading to peak. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In today's market he goes for at least £6m imo, especially if Prem clubs are interested. 

What Prem clubs are interested? I would be very surprised if any are. But I guess we will see. Maybe a club like Leeds would take a punt. 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Isn't it 30% on profit ? In which case we must make something.

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I wonder how this has affected the dressing room, I think we've done pretty well at keeping bad eggs out ala Tomlin in recent times - hopefully he has been professional about it 

There is also the fact that O'Dowda and Brownhill are best of friends, I can't imagine they've not talked about him leaving which makes me wonder where Brownhill stands. I do wonder if his best mate leaving might be the catalyst to make Brownhill think about a move, especially if O'Dowda lands a good move and pay increase. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

That's a different version of events to LJ saying he didn't want to play. Perhaps this version is from his agent, it certainly reads that way, and might suggest that Mr. 10% has failed to drum up enough interest himself so has now resorted to barely disguised "come and get me" ads in the national media. Never a good look for player or agent, but that's him finished at City. ?

Do you know that James lad on Twitter who makes the City player compilations? He told my mate that Brendan O’Dowda messaged him the other week asking him to make a montage of Callum.

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

5 goals and 8 assists in 3 years....

Never understood the love in for the guy . Massively over rated.

£6m? Yes please 

Can’t remember seeing a ‘love in’ on otib for CoD. As others have said he’s been pretty average during his entire time at City.

No great loss when he moves on.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

There is also the fact that O'Dowda and Brownhill are best of friends, I can't imagine they've not talked about him leaving which makes me wonder where Brownhill stands. I do wonder if his best mate leaving might be the catalyst to make Brownhill think about a move, especially if O'Dowda lands a good move and pay increase. 

I'm not sure whether a decent pro (which I think Brownhill is) would think about a move just because one of his best mates leaves. In addition to this, and I may well be in a minority here, I don't rate Brownhill as highly as many do. He's had a decent season, and he is improving, but he's hardly set the world on fire. Can't see any bigger clubs than us coming in for him, tbh.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

If my best mate at work left I wouldn’t leave so don’t see what the difference is with footballers. 

Potentials always been there, but for me, way to inconsistent. 

IF these stories are true, then fair play to LJ for sticking to his guns and not playing him. Probably wouldn't have made much difference to the playoff push because you never know which version of him is going to turn up.

Fathers as agents? Think Callum may need to ask Mr Clough how that's working out for him...

Just now, RedDave said:

If my best mate at work left I wouldn’t leave so don’t see what the difference is with footballers. 

Because if your best mate left your work and got a much higher paying job where he was far happier and was on the phone talking to you about it and you had the same option too suddenly your job doesn't seem so appealing. 

You only have to look at players who make moves these days, some people are questioning Lloyd Kelly's choice to go to Bournemouth but guess what, he spoke to players in the England team who he said himself helped convince him it was the right move for him. 

This notion that friendships in football have no effect on the decisions the players make is silly. Of course footballers talk to each other about moves and their careers, Brownhill will almost certainly be interested in what O'Dowda has to say when he moves and I'm sure it'll have Brownhill thinking of he gains some more interest from bigger clubs. 

Archived