IGNORED

COD wants to leave - The Times

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I do understand the proud parent bit, when O'Dowda first joined I barely had to mention him doing something in a tweet from an away ground and his dad and brother would retweet it or comment. They clearly want him to be seen in the best possible light, but I hadn't appreciated he was his agent, and when it veers over into playing the club for mugs I'm a lot less keen.

I'm not saying he's not pulling the strings but he doesn't appear to be a registered agent, see here http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/fa-registered-intermediaries-list

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm not saying he's not pulling the strings but he doesn't appear to be a registered agent

Looking into it, his official agent is Key Sports Management - who are also agents for Marlon Pack, Zak Vyner, Freddie Hinds, and as of last week, Andi Weimann.

Awkward if they're telling porkies in the media about the club when they still need to do business... or perhaps this particular stunt originated closer to the family!

I fully expected COD to realise his potential this last season and was looking forward to seeing him progress.

But he didn't and he hasn't (injuries didn't help tbf) and he's obviously been offered a contract which reflects the above and thinks he can do better elsewhere.

Fair enough - go prove it, club picks up another few million to fund a replacement so every ones a winner.

Now looking forward to Eliasson realising his full potential next season...

6 minutes ago, SimonL said:

His former Irish manager Martin o Neil is a very big fan of COD so perhaps you might see a decent bid come in from Forest. 

Maybe that's what he's hoping for or is already aware of.

46 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Not read the entire thread, so apologies if someone has already said this

When he left Oxford there was some controversy about him playing / not playing as well. OUFC fans told us he'd be here for two years and use us as a stepping stone for a bigger contract. Seems they were correct

I've no problem. Hot and cold as a player and a personality I haven't warmed to

Wish him luck, get the best deal and move on. It's time for Elisasson to step up now anyway, out of the two I'd rather keep NE anyway

Onwards and upwards for both, hopefully

Tend to agree.

Mind you I can't be absolutely sure fans would warm to me if I played for City - although hopefully my genuinely euphoric goal celebrations would quickly get any hecklers on side. :yes:

4 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

I've posted several times and said he done the same at Oxford to force his move. His dad's his agent and looks like he's tried it again but it's back fired. He's done here so get what we can and move on.

He’s not. But you can bet he’s in his ear a lot!  Not unusual for agents and parents to speak about their client / child. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

There is also the fact that O'Dowda and Brownhill are best of friends, I can't imagine they've not talked about him leaving which makes me wonder where Brownhill stands. I do wonder if his best mate leaving might be the catalyst to make Brownhill think about a move, especially if O'Dowda lands a good move and pay increase. 

Brownhill knows he’s currently in the best place at this time of his career, and has made a more consistent impact for 2.5 seasons. Callum thinks he’s better than he is, and has only shown sparks. He has ability undoubtedly but we are yet to see it.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm not saying he's not pulling the strings but he doesn't appear to be a registered agent, see here http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/fa-registered-intermediaries-list

He’s not, see above ?

Re sell on percentage, will be based on profit of original fee £1.2m(ish), and 30% as others have stated. Wages don’t come into it. Nor are any other add-ons (as I I understand it) are factored in. 

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Yeah it all adds up. Desperately want to tout him around.

I do understand the proud parent bit, when O'Dowda first joined I barely had to mention him doing something in a tweet from an away ground and his dad and brother would retweet it or comment. They clearly want him to be seen in the best possible light, but I hadn't appreciated he was his agent, and when it veers over into playing the club for mugs I'm a lot less keen.

It's a confrontational press release - the fact is even without this injury thing, he is so appallingly inconsistent that it's no surprise he doesn't spend long in the team. For every Norwich or Birmingham away there's a Rotherham away or Stoke at home when he goes missing, does the square root of **** all, and gets hauled off by LJ at half time. Unsurprisingly he's a better sub.

I actually think his best run at the club was in October/November 2017 - Sunderland away, Fulham away etc. He was clearly our best player and for once doing it every week. But I agree with others who point out he hasn't pushed on since then at all, he isn't improving or becoming more consistent, and yet the international recognition seems to have totally gone to his head.

No great loss but disappointing way to handle it, airing it out in public, and speaks more to their desperation than ours. I guess it wouldn't be the first time a parent advising a player has operated in less than professional a manner with City, perhaps Brendan should have a chat with Mr. Clough, wherever he is now! Either way over-estimating pushy parents bit rarely ends well.

I agree entirely. I'd say it's a brave move to create such a negative sounding article. 

Maybe it will pay off if he plays well with RoI. We'll soon see.

His Dad's Linked In page explains the FA Licensed Intermediary thing. Seems it concluded in January 2017.

2 hours ago, SimonL said:

His former Irish manager Martin o Neil is a very big fan of COD so perhaps you might see a decent bid come in from Forest. 

Sort of place I'd expect him to go to. Can't really see that he's done enough to warrant a premier league move. I see this potential move as similar to that which Flint made. He'll go to a "bigger" championship club who pay higher wages and purportedly have a greater chance of promotion than us.

He may well flourish and we'll all be moaning that we've let a superstar slip through our fingers, or he could just as easily become a squad player who starts in the league cup but otherwise is benched or in the u23s. Either way I won't really miss him, especially if we can pull off £6-7m for him.

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sort of place I'd expect him to go to. Can't really see that he's done enough to warrant a premier league move. I see this potential move as similar to that which Flint made. He'll go to a "bigger" championship club who pay higher wages and purportedly have a greater chance of promotion than us.

He may well flourish and we'll all be moaning that we've let a superstar slip through our fingers, or he could just as easily become a squad player who starts in the league cup but otherwise is benched or in the u23s. Either way I won't really miss him, especially if we can pull off £6-7m for him.

I think at City he’s a regular starter...at somewhere like Leeds, no guarantees.

7 hours ago, Taz said:

Potentials always been there, but for me, way to inconsistent. 

IF these stories are true, then fair play to LJ for sticking to his guns and not playing him. Probably wouldn't have made much difference to the playoff push because you never know which version of him is going to turn up.

Fathers as agents? Think Callum may need to ask Mr Clough how that's working out for him...

Callum O'Dadda.

7 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Eliasson will be a better player for us than COD overall. Take the 3-4mill and reinvest.

I think the Kelley transfer fee has skewed the market - way over the odds with some saying 15m + add ons.

It wouldn't surprise me if O'Dowda went for twice the price you mention.

Mr. Ashton is getting some very good prices for our players, certainly over the last year or so.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the Kelley transfer fee has skewed the market - way over the odds with some saying 15m + add ons.

It wouldn't surprise me if O'Dowda went for twice the price you mention.

Mr. Ashton is getting some very good prices for our players, certainly over the last year or so.

We didn't have to sell Kelly though, clubs will be aware that O'dowda has a year left on his contract and we will need to sell.

10 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

We didn't have to sell Kelly though, clubs will be aware that O'dowda has a year left on his contract and we will need to sell.

They will also be aware that the Kelly fee means we don't necessarily have to sell.

If the price is not met, we may well use COD for the coming season.

But I agree that the sensible thing to do is to get as much as possible for him - 6m seems fair as we were allegedly asking for 10m in January (Leeds).

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think at City he’s a regular starter...at somewhere like Leeds, no guarantees.

He has not been that much of a regular, had the odd good game but never had me on the edge of my seat, Eliasson has mind ?

The thing with wide players they always seem to blow hot and cold. As long as we make a wedge good bye and good luck.  Shut the door on the way out, flatters to deceive 

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They will also be aware that the Kelly fee means we don't necessarily have to sell.

If the price is not met, we may well use COD for the coming season.

But I agree that the sensible thing to do is to get as much as possible for him - 6m seems fair as we were allegedly asking for 10m in January (Leeds).

No chance we will have O'Dowda in our plans for next season if he is not signing a new contract. It wouldn't fit with the clubs structure, the club would surely much rather sell him at a cut price deal of about 3-4m than have a player that wants out sticking around for a year and then receiving nothing fo him. 

We do have to sell, the Kelly and O'Dowda deal are nothing alike. 

34 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

At £13m we would have been stupid not to sell LK.

Would anyone care if we ran his contract down? Would we owe oxford compensation if we did?

i don’t think LJ is the sort of coach to put idle threats into players’ heads. He was injured in March, could we afford to give him championship game time to get him back to full fitness, did we do that in fact?

if I was LJ and I suspect this was his approach anyway, put the ball in CODs court. You prove to us son that you’re worth what you think you are this season and we’ll offer you this contract. Get us into the playoffs and you’ll be offered this contract, get us into the prem and we’ll give you freedom of the City. etc etc.

if he’s not talking then that’s a sign in itself. Jury’s still out on COD, is he premiership quality? If we get a £6m offer I’d take it. If not run the contract down.

wonder if Cardiff would be interested ?

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Look at his goal away to Norwich. That is what he can do. Still young so needs to do it more consistently. Imagine he will get there. 

A lot of City fans don’t seem to realise that young players improve. 

If he had longer on his contract they would.

Yes players improve and I have no doubt COD will but if he has intimated he doesn’t want to play for us and there’s £6m on the table it’s not even up for discussion imo.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That was the deal breaker by all accounts. He wanted one of those with an electric motor but the club would only shell out for a normal one.

Of course otherwise it would have set a precedent. No room for big time Charlies in the squad.

Archived