IGNORED

COD wants to leave - The Times

16 hours ago, chinapig said:

Worse, he accepted then did a U-turn. If he can't be trusted to keep his word then we are better off without him. 

Probably put our transfer dealing back weeks if not months too. If we thought we had Callum secured we might not have been looking for his replacement, or his replacements replacement.

16 hours ago, marcofisher said:

“Frozen out” seems like nonsense vocabulary. In effect, he was injured and didn’t earn his place back. Why on earth would he feel he automatically deserves a place in the squad when there are other players who have been playing in the same positions with similar or better numbers? 

Seems to me like shifting the blame.

Pretty sure if he had signed the contract, he would have been in the squad if fit.

26 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Not sure I like the concept of freezing out players (if true) , what if Pisano refused to play when it was clear he was not getting a new deal.It works both ways and in both cases the player should want to perform to be in the shop window.  He clearly thinks there is a Prem club in for him, I am not sure he is at that level yet, so more likely a Championship move. We might as well play contract poker, as we would want the money and he would not want a year as a bit part player.I would think he will get sold, for a decent but not exceptional fee. ( £3m to Leeds for example would not be a surprise ) 

It sounds like it does work both ways, but remember the flow of money for services rendered, COD refused to play and risk further injury - I expect some kind of contractual fine is required in this case. 

On 21/05/2019 at 16:54, billywedlock said:

Not sure I like the concept of freezing out players (if true) , what if Pisano refused to play when it was clear he was not getting a new deal.It works both ways and in both cases the player should want to perform to be in the shop window.  He clearly thinks there is a Prem club in for him, I am not sure he is at that level yet, so more likely a Championship move. We might as well play contract poker, as we would want the money and he would not want a year as a bit part player.I would think he will get sold, for a decent but not exceptional fee. ( £3m to Leeds for example would not be a surprise

That would be a major surprise !

3m !

No chance, double it then add a bit.

On 19/05/2019 at 21:32, wendyredredrobin said:

I've spoken to Callum on the way to a couple of games and he does seem to be a decent lad.  When he is fit and motivated, he is well worth his place in the team, but something does not seem right lately with him not signing a contract, Lee saying his injury problem was not a physical one and him now being able to go off to train with Ireland.

It may be just a case of his agent telling him he can get him a better deal elsewhere and he has just lost interest.  Not very professional, but if he wants his career to follow the money, he might just end up as a journeyman.

Personally, I thik that if he puts the work in and stays here, he has a great chance to make a real name for himself and even make big bucks in the prem or in europe in the future.

Shame, but it's his decision and his life.

Based on what? 

On 22/05/2019 at 20:33, Jerseybean said:

Leeds source sounding upbeat about him and suggesting at £6m he’d be a ‘steal’ although they also flag-up his recent history of injury. https://leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/leeds-to-reignite-interest-in-6m-international-report/

Now touched a nerve in Stoke and according to this he’s got a price tag of £10 m ??? https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/callum-odowda-stoke-forest-bristol-2902284

On 19/05/2019 at 15:07, B-Rizzle said:

Shame - but if he wants out, let him go.

Can’t see us getting £6m but we’ll make a healthy profit on what we bought him for (club recruitment strategy in action) and move on.

On 19/05/2019 at 15:31, Pezo said:

If we get 6 I will be amazed, 2 is probably closer. 

Football is strange is it not that the figure of £6m or less is discussed and that few if any have compared this sort of fee with what was or is being paid for Kelly;- In the event COD leaves I am hoping the club sell for a lot more than £6 million. Jersey beans link makes for happier and, may I say, more value reading meanwhile

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Football is strange is it not that the figure of £6m or less is discussed and that few if any have compared this sort of fee with what was or is being paid for Kelly;- In the event COD leaves I am hoping the club sell for a lot more than £6 million. Jersey beans link makes for happier and, may I say, more value reading meanwhile

I've read this 4-5 times and I'm still none the wiser to what you mean.

16 hours ago, BOSRed said:

So are odowda's bridges with us burned now or do you think thee would be a miraculous u-turn?

He’s a gonna if you ask me - told the club what he wanted, the club agreed and then changed his mind.....

If we can get £5-6m, it will be another good piece of business for City

Interesting that we are now starting to see the first couple of LJ signings to be sold for a profit.  Up until Magnússon every one he’d bought and sold had been at a loss (I think).

Djuric - loss

Lucic - loss

Hegeler - loss

Tomlin - loss (but both sides of fee uncertain, so happy to scrub this one out)

Engvall - loss

So, hopefully we’ll start to see more signings eventually making money, rather than just the academy boys.

Think he'll stay. With him not playing the last 10 games I think it's unlikely he'll get a better offer than what is on the table from Bristol City. He is a very good Championship player when he's on his game. If Lee can get some consistency from him, he could save us 6 million or so. 

If rumoured interest from Leeds  made Callum reconsider the contract terms he requested from City, on the advice of his agent or his dad, then he could find himself in an awkward position if reports of Qatari investment in Leeds are true. Suddenly, Leeds could find itself able to afford a significantly better and more expensive midfielder than Callum.  

Mark Ashton may enjoy their next meeting more than he enjoyed the last!

Archived