IGNORED

COD wants to leave - The Times

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Mark Ashton may enjoy their next meeting more than he enjoyed the last!

We'll never know but it would be funny if he ended up signing for us for a lower offer than previously on the table.

Am I just being unfair?

In the Irish Times (online):

....McCarthy is also set to be without some rather more experienced squad members for Thursday’s training game against Stephen Kenny’s Under-21 side. Alan Browne was another to suffer a setback last week and Jeff Hendrick is at his brother’s wedding while Shane Duffy and Callum O’Dowda are struggling to completely shake off minor injuries....

Didn't see/hear about him on post match report ?

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Sky have just reported that Leeds have dropped their interest in O’dowda...be interesting to see how this one plays out now if that was the club he was trying to engineer a move too.

Martin O'Neill rates him, can Forest afford him?

On 31/05/2019 at 06:41, Casualobserver said:

In the Irish Times (online):

....McCarthy is also set to be without some rather more experienced squad members for Thursday’s training game against Stephen Kenny’s Under-21 side. Alan Browne was another to suffer a setback last week and Jeff Hendrick is at his brother’s wedding while Shane Duffy and Callum O’Dowda are struggling to completely shake off minor injuries....

Didn't see/hear about him on post match report ?

Struggling to shake off a minor injury.........bruised ego?  stubbed a toe?

I will be happy if he signed a new contract with us, I wouldn't be upset if he left.

If he runs down his contract then he won't be playing much this coming season so I can't imagine him getting better offers next summer as he would be rusty and I'm sure LJ could play him in some tough games to show him up if he wanted but I don't think he would.

This one is probably going to keep going for a while I think. 

Quite a few articles online this week, seemingly based on a press conference, interview or both. Callum praising his international managers, talking about him having much more to give, how he isn't thinking about potential transfers whilst with RoI and how he avoids social media (due to negative comments). Speculation about Leeds (obvs) then Stoke as you've probably seen. Some reporters now referring to him as injury prone and the situation becoming a "saga". As LJ said last season "It's a funny one"...

Can't help thinking the "frozen out" story was counterproductive, the wrong way to put yourself in the shop window and remind everyone that you still exist.

He didn't get off the bench last night against Denmark. This lot don't seem to be fans:  https://thisisfutbol.com/?s=O%27dowda

It wouldn't surprise me were CO'D to accept the contract offer that we last put to him. I think that his bluff has been called and he senses that he's not holding a winning hand.

I'll be ok with that outcome but not delighted because in my mind, he's already gone and we've banked a healthy profit.

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It wouldn't surprise me were CO'D to accept the contract offer that we last put to him. I think that his bluff has been called and he senses that he's not holding a winning hand.

I'll be ok with that outcome but not delighted because in my mind, he's already gone and we've banked a healthy profit.

I’d take the offer off the table .. negotiates his contract with us, gets what he wanted and then starts playing games ... His ego says theirs loads of interest in him .... and sounds like he’s angling for a move .... regularly injured, hasn’t improved, doesn’t effect games enough for someone with such pace ...

cheerio in my eyes .... 

Do we want him playing for us knowing his mind is to move away. He's not committed and is playing silly burgers so would likely be disruptive and set a bad example to our other promising youth players.

i think we should get rid regardless of cost as long as we break even on him. All the baggage is not worth the cost we are unlikely to get. Let someone else deal with his game playing

On 19/05/2019 at 08:29, Pezo said:

Shame I liked COD and saw a lot of potential. If he wants go then never mind. 

Interesting use of words though "frozen out" if he is refusing to sign a new contract then why would we invest time and effort in to him - that's not frozen out that's just doing what's best for the long term goals of the club. 

Exactly, why would we play a player who more than likely won’t be with us shortly over a player like elliason (who imo is better) and in a long term deal who is adding 0’s to his value each time he plays.

Bye O’Dowda, the glimpses we saw were special and there is definitely a strong championship player there but not what we need.

7 hours ago, GILLI said:

I’d take the offer off the table .. negotiates his contract with us, gets what he wanted and then starts playing games ... His ego says theirs loads of interest in him .... and sounds like he’s angling for a move .... regularly injured, hasn’t improved, doesn’t effect games enough for someone with such pace ...

cheerio in my eyes .... 

That’s cutting off nose to spite face in my eyes. If he accepts it sign him.

Its an odd one. We hold the cards as it seems no one is coming in, but then again doesn’t he as he’s a freebie next year? 

I think it’s come to the point not to renew is actually lose:lose and neither side holds the cards. We could lose our investment and he could rot in our ‘squad’ for a year  

Sign him, and flog him at first offer. 

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So it's been 5 pages, do we know why CO'D wants to leave The Times yet?

Waiting on an improved offer from The Sun

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Talking to some Forest fans last night. They seem certain O'Dowda is going there.

Good.......bye bye

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Talking to some Forest fans last night. They seem certain O'Dowda is going there.

He obviously can't see the wood for the trees.

Archived