IGNORED

Kompany, Robben & Ribery

The Batman

No I have not seen them looking at houses in clifton.

Sense of nostalgia those three leaving their clubs after so long. 10 years Robben, 11 years Kompany and 12 years Ribery. 

Personally, was always hit and miss with Ribery. The other two however, consistently top class. Was a big fan of Robben when he arrived at Chelsea 15 years ago. Yes you read that right. 15 YEARS AGO!!!!! 

They've still got a few years left I'm sure. 

Kompany has been immense for Man C. Always seems a bit underrated to me, as well. When you look back, he’s got to have been one of the top Premier League era captains and defenders, yet as far as I’ve seen, he doesn’t really get mentioned in these discussions. 

Probably because he comes across as modest and unassuming, but the guy’s a top, top pro.

Maybe Kompany wants to go out at the top. As a defender you don’t want to be remembered for the last season where your pace/judgement went.  VAR next season won’t seem him getting away with challenges like the one on Salah either !  

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Maybe Kompany wants to go out at the top. As a defender you don’t want to be remembered for the last season where your pace/judgement went.  VAR next season won’t seem him getting away with challenges like the one on Salah either !  

Listening to Pep regarding Kompany - full of admiration for the guy saying he’s exceptionally bright, speaks five languages, is inspirational and a true leader of men. He was genuinely sad to see him leaving.

The decision for VK to leave Man City was a mutual one. I daresay that VK was very influential in the decision given his history of injuries he’s had over his career and I guess he realised that he was reaching the end of his playing days and what a time to retire with winning the treble this season! 

Just been announced on SNN that VK is joining Anderlecht as player/manager....

You can add De Rossi to that list too.

One club man, not been renewed at Roma- WC winner though. Best in his position though at one point in time I'd say.

An idea worthy of unicorns but free agent, fancies a new challenge- we need a CDM who can help free up Pack further forward- and hey Championship better than MLS etc! ;)

10 hours ago, Masala said:

Really good article about Vincent Kompany here. He's a top man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/vincent-kompany-manchester-city-setbacks-racism

Indeed- one of the footballers with a wider understanding too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42574469

Fact he's off back to Anderlecht also good to see in this era when he could probably earn more a notch down.

Archived