IGNORED

Da Silva - Hold Up?

WAHGS.

What’s the hold up on Da Silva?

If he was going to come here it’d be straight forward. He knows the City, knows the squad and manager, we have a deal in place for him so what’s the wait?

I’m a bit concerned, I think it’d have been done by now if he was staying.

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Good grief. The season has hardly finished, players are having a break etc 

Yeah but lloyd kelly signed for bournemouth yesterday... deals have to go through at some point.

in my opinion, we have agreed a fee with chelsea for jds, but i think someone is going to gazzump us on wages, in which case,  we better start looking elsewhere

4 minutes ago, WAHGS. said:

If he was going to come here it’d be straight forward. He knows the City, knows the squad and manager, we have a deal in place for him so what’s the wait?

Do you know that A) City have offered  Dasilva a contract? B) Dasilva wants to stay at City if he has been offered a deal?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Do you know that A) City have offered  Dasilva a contract? B) Dasilva wants to stay at City if he has been offered a deal?

Just like the other day, Robbored, I don’t, hence making this thread — so do one.

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

Yeah but lloyd kelly signed for bournemouth yesterday... deals have to go through at some point.

in my opinion, we have agreed a fee with chelsea for jds, but i think someone is going to gazzump us on wages, in which case,  we better start looking elsewhere

In that case, City should follow your wise plan and who knows, they may well do so. We just seem to have numerous threads with the same speculation taking place and nothing actually to go on. Then again that’s OTIB off season.

15 minutes ago, WAHGS. said:

Maybe away on holidays. Most players are. Sort of why I think the Kelly deal was agreed a while back. He can go away now knowing his future is sorted.

It could be numerous things including:

a) a deal has been agreed and signed but a decision taken to announce it in the build up to pre-season rather than when everyone is on holiday or focussed on the cups 

b) a deal has been agreed by all sides but won’t be formally signed off until everyone is back from holiday 

c) the deal is in progress but some combination of the manager, executives, player or agent being on holiday means things cannot be finalised yet l

d) we want JDS and he wants to come but there are still some sticking points in the negotiations

e) we have decided not to sign him and/or are waiting to decide on other options

f) he has decided not to sign and/or is waiting to decide on other options 

g) none of the above 

In other words, I’ve absolutely no idea but there are a lot of things that could be happening so I am not panicking yet.

24 minutes ago, WAHGS. said:

Maybe it is but just not announced yet

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Maybe away on holidays. Most players are. Sort of why I think the Kelly deal was agreed a while back. He can go away now knowing his future is sorted.

There's no real indication that the Kelly deal was anything but a swiftly done transaction.

As for Da Silva- and Kalas though we have/had no deal in place for the latter- I have a nagging bad feeling we won't be getting either- prove me wrong please, City!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's no real indication that the Kelly deal was anything but a swiftly done transaction.

I would disagree with that. I think it has been bubbling for some time. Just my opinion though.

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Why does every thread have to be hijacked by you seeking attention? It is so, so boring. Please, for all of our sake’s, find a hobby or something.

I have hobbies LB. Takes up a great deal of my time.

5 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Out of order mate?

It is but this is second time this week that @Robbored has (I suspect wilfully) misunderstood a thread @WAHGS. has posted and started groundlessly having a go at him.  Obviously it is not good to get personal but I can understand why someone would if another poster kept having a go at them for no apparent reason.

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Why does every thread have to be hijacked by you seeking attention? It is so, so boring. Please, for all of our sake’s, find a hobby or something.

Why do some posters start pointless threads?  :dunno:

Genuine question.....

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have hobbies LB. Takes up a great deal of my time.

I am glad. Sometimes you come across as maybe a little bit lonely and I am pleased if that is not the case.

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Whilst it is annoying and boring, people repeatedly pointing this out or calling @Robbored names is equally boring and prolonging the agony.

I know. I’ve never done it before now for that precise reason. Apologies.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Why do some posters start pointless threads?  :dunno:

Genuine question.....

I don’t know.  But you could say that about most threads on football message boards and I certainly do not agree this one is pointless. A lot of people do not understand how contracts and negotiations work in football, especially when clauses are in place, and so find it hard to be sure exactly how to interpret what is happening. It is utterly fair enough for someone to start a thread on it and I suspect many people will be interested in the discussion. I think you would do well to realise that the fact you do not see value in something necessarily means everyone else agrees with you.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would disagree that that

Interesting.

Stuff about keeping him unless a silly money offer a smokescreen then? Liverpool interest paper talk I suppose. Smokescreen can make good business sense so pretty plausible.

Feels like it was done fairly quickly though but we seem quite good at keeping deals under wraps so who knows.

41 minutes ago, WAHGS. said:

Don't panic! Don't panic!

Dasilva's not signed yet!

Don't panic!

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t know.  But you could say that about most threads on football message boards and I certainly do not agree this one is pointless. A lot of people do not understand how contracts and negotiations work in football, especially when clauses are in place, and so find it hard to be sure exactly how to interpret what is happening. It is utterly fair enough for someone to start a thread on it and I suspect many people will be interested in the discussion. I think you would do well to realise that the fact you do not see value in something necessarily means everyone else agrees with you.

In which case why not simply ask the question and post something like “can anyone explain why the Dasliva deal is taking so long?”

Archived