IGNORED

Da Silva - Hold Up?

WAHGS.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting.

Stuff about keeping him unless a silly money offer a smokescreen then? Liverpool interest paper talk I suppose. Smokescreen can make good business sense so pretty plausible.

Feels like it was done fairly quickly though but we seem quite good at keeping deals under wraps so who knows.

Of course it was a smokescreen with the result being said silly offer. If we had just said we would listen to offers then that would have sent out entirely different signals. IMO getting £13m for LK is just an amazing bit of very astute business.

The transfer window when the ground rebuild was going on was the best.  Someone watching the ground rebuild cam on 24 hour delay, looking for a pixelated picture of someone possibly holding up a shirt in the stand....and then the guesswork as to who it was.

Those were the days.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The transfer window when the ground rebuild was going on was the best.  Someone watching the ground rebuild cam on 24 hour delay, looking for a pixelated picture of someone possibly holding up a shirt in the stand....and then the guesswork as to who it was.

Those were the days.

Absolutely. We just signed Bert from ABC Groundworks !!!

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In which case why not simply ask the question and post something like “can anyone explain why the Dasliva deal is taking so long?

Or something like "What’s the hold up on Da Silva?" Which is exactly what the opening line of the original post was. 

The fee etc, had been agreed, it was down to offers and choices for the player himself. Absolutely no benefit for JDS in committing early, makes sense for him to wait and see what offers come in. On the other hand, it would be in our favour to get it done quickly before anyone else comes in

As far as I’m aware Chelsea have only just announced that they are taking 2 loanees into the first team squad next season, Tammy and Zouma. I presume they now have to sort out the other 30/40 that they have out on loan and hold discussions. Not a five minute job I suspect.

Our 3 loanees will no doubt be leaving negotiations to their agents whilst they take a well earned break. I’m sure Chelsea’s staff, Players agents and players themselves will be doing everything they can to prioritise their future but I suspect the impatience of fans of BCFC will not be their biggest concern just now. I know it sucks that they keep us waiting but I’m sure LJ and MA will do a little video soon with one or two underwhelming signing announcements to try and appease us.

How long until the window closes ?

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Or something like "What’s the hold up on Da Silva?" Which is exactly what the opening line of the original post was. 

The fee etc, had been agreed, it was down to offers and choices for the player himself. Absolutely no benefit for JDS in committing early, makes sense for him to wait and see what offers come in. On the other hand, it would be in our favour to get it done quickly before anyone else comes in

There’s no ‘hold up’ 1960. To use those two words suggests that there’s a deliberate obstruction on someone’s part.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

In that case, City should follow your wise plan and who knows, they may well do so. We just seem to have numerous threads with the same speculation taking place and nothing actually to go on. Then again that’s OTIB off season.

True enough re otib off season,, we gradually build to a frenzy of rumours/ desperation/ waiting for something to happen, it happens every window!

18 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

We only have until May 31st to get him for that pre-agreed fee, so I agree that it’s getting a bit strange now. Given that triggering his kind of deal should really just be a formality. 

I would be surprised if we haven’t triggered it already, and I very much expect Jay knows how much he is rated here.

He’s either committed already and there’s no rush to announce.  Or he’s thankful of City’s offer and just waiting to see what other offers are coming in.  His agent will undoubtedly know of other interest in him.

I guess the only thing City can control is tabling an offer with an end date, e.g. it’s £x pw but we want it to be done by x.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I would be surprised if we haven’t triggered it already, and I very much expect Jay knows how much he is rated here.

He’s either committed already and there’s no rush to announce.  Or he’s thankful of City’s offer and just waiting to see what other offers are coming in.  His agent will undoubtedly know of other interest in him.

I guess the only thing City can control is tabling an offer with an end date, e.g. it’s £x pw but we want it to be done by x.

If he’s waiting for other offers, we’re screwed tbh. We’d have to pay way more, I imagine, than the current deal and likely wouldn’t get him anyway. Hopefully the knock on of Lloyd going is Jay realising he’s undisputed first choice now. 

Dasilva would be foolish to sign the first contract waved at him. I suspect there will be a few coming his way. Our advantage is that he knows us, and knows what the fans think of him

If he can earn £5k a week more somewhere else then fair play. Get the feeling this will drag on a while yet

5 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

If he’s waiting for other offers, we’re screwed tbh. We’d have to pay way more, I imagine, than the current deal and likely wouldn’t get him anyway. Hopefully the knock on of Lloyd going is Jay realising he’s undisputed first choice now. 

Not necessarily.  Depends who those offers are from and whether it’s minutes or money he's motivated by?  Also those other clubs are likely to have to stump up a bigger fee than us to secure his services, reducing what they might offer in wages.  We secured a great fee, if £2m is to be believed.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Dasilva would be foolish to sign the first contract waved at him. I suspect there will be a few coming his way. Our advantage is that he knows us, and knows what the fans think of him

If he can earn £5k a week more somewhere else then fair play. Get the feeling this will drag on a while yet

FWIW, not ITK, but I reckon he’s ours already.

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There’s no ‘hold up’ 1960. To use those two words suggests that there’s a deliberate obstruction on someone’s part.

Pedantic much ? I would imagine most people read it as , why hasn't it been done yet. The deal was agreed and in a simplistic viewpoint could have been sewn up quickly as would have seemed to be in the box seat.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dave, I did read we had triggered the clause just after the last game. I would imagine he, and his agent would want to see if anyone else is keen. He knows what it's like here, and seemed to enjoy his time. Hopefully that would swing it.

Oh,BTW not sure how sound the source of the 'triggered deal' was.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not necessarily.  Depends who those offers are from and whether it’s minutes or money he's motivated by?  Also those other clubs are likely to have to stump up a bigger fee than us to secure his services, reducing what they might offer in wages.  We secured a great fee, if £2m is to be believed.

My point is that that fee expires on May 31st, no one else can bid for him until after that date. So if he’s waiting for other offers our deal will expire and I imagine we’d have to pay a lot more than £2m. 

I may be naive but I thought that as Kelly went so quickly we must have been certain to get DaSilva. But I guess the money was too good to resist and we might  be starting from scratch. But either way it will be test for the new bold approach we have been  promised this transfer window.

14 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

My point is that that fee expires on May 31st, no one else can bid for him until after that date. So if he’s waiting for other offers our deal will expire and I imagine we’d have to pay a lot more than £2m. 

Yep, fair point....that’s why I think it’s in the bag already.

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

I may be naive but I thought that as Kelly went so quickly we must have been certain to get DaSilva. But I guess the money was too good to resist and we might  be starting from scratch. But either way it will be test for the new bold approach we have been  promised this transfer window.

Bit of both I reckon.  

But, under no pressure to sell, be a bit bizarre to lose both your LBs (I know one wasn’t ours).

Of course, could be completely wrong ?

14 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

It depends what bold means. LJ used the word but SL just said something along the lines of "did he say that?".

LJ evidently expects the club to go to the next level this summer but whether SL agrees remains to be seen. There was some tension last summer. There could be more if LJ thinks the club has not delivered on its side of the bargain.

We will see soon enough.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

It depends what bold means. LJ used the word but SL just said something along the lines of "did he say that?".

LJ evidently expects the club to go to the next level this summer but whether SL agrees remains to be seen. There was some tension last summer. There could be more if LJ thinks the club has not delivered on its side of the bargain.

We will see soon enough.

Conspiracy Theory - that’s why LJ not signed a new contract.

42 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Where have you got the idea that the fee ‘expires’ end of May. Unless it was written into the loan agreement it’ll be all summer. 

The one thing of which I’m confident is that SL and LJ will have met/will meet and discuss everything relating to budgets, targets, player salaries and indeed LJ’s own contract. Neither of them will use local media as a method of communicating to the other (as has happened during other managerial regimes). We’ll only find out when SL is ready for us to know.

These days SL steers a watertight ship, not a leaky one. 

41 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Maybe I am wrong on how this works but I would imagine we had until 31st May to confirm to Chelsea we want to trigger the pre-agreed fee. I would imagine there would be a slightly longer period to then get the signing wrapped up. I don't know that though so I obviously could be wrong. 

Archived