IGNORED

Da Silva - Hold Up?

WAHGS.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Opened on 6th May I believe.  

Kind of, in that you can now sign players contractually for next season. Bit of pedantry really, but Villa and Derby can sign players now, but can not play them in the PO final. Technically I am pretty sure they can actually sell somebody today, and actually can play them. All new registrations take affect July.

11 hours ago, hodge said:

think its probably a case of Chelsea realise after his season with us he's worth more than £2m so are hoping someone will come in for him to be able to accept their offer. Jay's agent also realises it and has probably had a word saying something like you've got a move to City in the bag, why not wait a few weeks and see if someone bigger wants you, if no one looks like making the move before pre-season training starts then make the move.

Maybe the lad doesn't want to come now and City is seeking an arrangement to invoke the agreement (are we certain it exists and is binding?) and then "flip" Jay to a club he wants to play for at a profit.

If he doesn't want to play for us it would be crass to force it unless both parties end up getting what they want.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Maybe the lad doesn't want to come now and City is seeking an arrangement to invoke the agreement (are we certain it exists and is binding?) and then "flip" Jay to a club he wants to play for at a profit.

If he doesn't want to play for us it would be crass to force it unless both parties end up getting what they want.

We merely had an agreement with Chelsea that we could have an offer of £2m accepted if we activated the clause. Nothing forces Jay to join us, we still have to agree terms with him and he can choose not to join.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

We merely had an agreement with Chelsea that we could have an offer of £2m accepted if we activated the clause. Nothing forces Jay to join us, we still have to agree terms with him and he can choose not to join.

I think he put himself well and truly in the shop window playing for us so he must surely have other options to consider.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

I think he put himself well and truly in the shop window playing for us so he must surely have other options to consider.

Which is why I think he hasn't signed, why commit to City when for all he knows a prem club could want him. 

If I was him I would be pondering Wolves- as competition at minimum for Jonny. If I was Wolves I would be thinking about him too as Wing backs an area they need more depth in.

Or Sheffield United with their back 3 system, him as a wing back could be quite good IMO.

I hope not though, but I have a bad feeling we won't be signing him this summer...

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If I was him I would be pondering Wolves- as competition at minimum for Jonny. If I was Wolves I would be thinking about him too as Wing backs an area they need more depth in.

Or Sheffield United with their back 3 system, him as a wing back could be quite good IMO.

I hope not though, but I have a bad feeling we won't be signing him this summer...

With my 'glass half full' head on....

Wolves , I doubt he would play that much, so that would probably be a negative to him.
Sheff U is in the North and he's a Southerner , not much I know .

This summer could be massive. A good one sees us keep Kalas and DaSiva and add some quality. A bad one could see us lose most of our defence and having to rebuild a team almost from scratch.

On 20/05/2019 at 18:29, 1960maaan said:

Wolves , I doubt he would play that much, so that would probably be a negative to him.

This summer could be massive. A good one sees us keep Kalas and DaSiva and add some quality. A bad one could see us lose most of our defence and having to rebuild a team almost from scratch.

Jay was great at Bramall lane as well would be one good signing for them

On 20/05/2019 at 12:38, hodge said:

Which is why I think he hasn't signed, why commit to City when for all he knows a prem club could want him. 

Because he needs another season as first choice LB and will gain plenty of recognition in our promotion chasing team.  Not ready for the prem for another year or so, but not far off and he is improving here with every game.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Because he needs another season as first choice LB and will gain plenty of recognition in our promotion chasing team.  Not ready for the prem for another year or so, but not far off and he is improving here with every game.

He's seen Lloyd go to Bournemouth, why wouldn't he think he could step up as well? Very few players turn down a prem club if they come calling 

Quite sure that there are plans, if JDS and TK aren’t signed, we will have other targets or plans. Still a long time until the season starts, and there may well be better options out there.

Who knows, there might even be an obscure Finnish striker somewhere in Germany available on a free....  

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

You'd think this would be a sensible place for Jay to come. Bound to be first choice all season. We play a game that suits his style, playing it out from the back, attacking full backs which suits his game. He knows the club, and has improved loads since being here. He was nowhere near the levels he ended up at when he first came here.

And even after just one good season we wouldn't force him to stay if a prem club came in, as long as they offer the right amount. If he went to a prem club now then I'm not sure he gets in. He would certainly struggle defensively imo. I actually think Kelly would be a better prem left back at the moment.

So I think there are only very few championship sides that might beat us to him. One of those is Villa who really need a left back. However are Villa as willing as us to sell him on to the prem in a year or two? Probably not so easy for him to get his move when he's ready if he's with them. Look at Grealish, he is still stuck there.

What’s wrong with Welsh international Neil Taylor?

11 hours ago, Chappers said:

Quite sure that there are plans, if JDS and TK aren’t signed, we will have other targets or plans. Still a long time until the season starts, and there may well be better options out there.

Who knows, there might even be an obscure Finnish striker somewhere in Germany available on a free....  

Said same obscure striker, had played for Schalke, Sevilla and Celtic. While not stellar it wasn't quite so obscure as people say- still excellent signing and scouting however!

14 hours ago, WAHGS. said:

Jay was great at Bramall lane as well would be one good signing for them

That's a decent shout. They are looking for younger, more talented players and yet those with a point to prove- and they play with Wing backs don't they.

A role I believe Da Silva would be comfortable in- question is, if PL too soon for him.

On 20/05/2019 at 18:29, 1960maaan said:

True, Wolves probably pretty strong competition.

It'll be a big summer for sure- I have the feeling it could be quite a tough one but it's only 22nd May- with the interest the 2 aforementioned Chelsea loanees will attract will attract, the sale of Kelly, the injury prone Baker still on the books, Watkins needing to be shifted, O'Dowda needing to be sold there's a lot to do.

On 21/05/2019 at 21:15, hodge said:

He's seen Lloyd go to Bournemouth, why wouldn't he think he could step up as well? Very few players turn down a prem club if they come calling 

Quite right...........if a Premier league offer/s land on the table he will accept.

Not so sure common sense of him maturing here is applicable weighed against playing in the top division - let alone the consideration of money.

When 'oppertunity knocks it's no good being shy.....

Reckon Wolves would be a great fit for him.

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Maybe he wants a loan to the prem? If we've already put an offer in then time is on his side, especially if he awaits to see who else offers something 

I think I read somewhere that no other offers can be made until the end of this month anyway ?

Archived