IGNORED

Lee Johnson Contract Talks EDIT : New 4 Year Deal Signed

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You know that?

Ferguson at Man United was on more than the highest paid players. He reckoned that as the manager he had to be the highest paid employee.

To not to be would have put him a weak position when dealing with the players. To him it was essential. I’m sure that applies throughout the PL and Championship and probably in the lower leagues as well.

Yeah, he's completely correct. 

Football has changed a lot since those days and Ferguson may be a rare example. Think about it logically, football now has a sacking culture and, when this occurs, you have to pay up the remainder of their contract. Solskjaer has recently signed a three year deal and is managing Alexis Sanchez who is on a rumoured £275k a week. If United were to have Ole at the wheel for the full contracted period he would earn £42.9m based on your logic. Clubs would never be able to afford to sack their manager. 

Sadly, player power is stronger than ever and I can't see the distribution of wages changing any time soon.  

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The rugby club will be competing to be champions of both england and europe. City wont. Although I wouldnt be surprised If we had been promoted by then. 

I would be surprised if we are promoted in next four years. But that is for many reasons and not solely based on my opinion of Johnson.

The major change in club philosophy is that we INTEND to win promotion rather than we HOPE TO.

I fully understand how FFP impacts on our ambitions and that it is highly unlikely that we would knowingly break the rules and hope to get away with it, unlike some other clubs. So we aren't going to buy our way up like some clubs.

I'm pleased that Lansdown has given a very good degree of security for both Lam and Johnson, but one has produced a much greater degree of consistency with results and improved team performance while the other, in my opinion, has not.

If LJ can go a season without Boom & Bust results, provide us with a decent home record, then I may be able to feel more comfortable about him.

I now await with interest, how good our transfer dealings are, both in and out.

24 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I believe Bielsa is on £6m per year... 

Exactly great he has signed but also shows that are overall wage structure may have not changed and that no big signing on massive wages will be made hence why we are looking at lower leauge signings.... 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Our top earner is on a basic of £17k pw and LJ's last contract was £500k p.a.

You do the maaaaaath, as they'd say over the pond.

I’ll ask again. Do you earn more than your boss?

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

According to The Sun (I know) last season only 3 managers in the prem earned more than their clubs highest paid player ?‍♂️

Not an exactly reliable source.

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Probably a more reliable source than you though?

Ha! 

Any boss on a smaller wedge than his employees leaves them open to being undermined. 

eg : ‘“you can’t tell me what to do because I earn more than you and that makes me more important than you “.  :cool2:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll ask again. Do you earn more than your boss?

Not an exactly reliable source.

You want the os to have a banner headline saying 'HEAD COACH NOT HIGHEST PAID EMPLOYEE' ... ? If true LJ was on £500,000 a year then he won't be the highest paid.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Ha! 

Any boss on a smaller wedge than his employees leaves them open to being undermined. 

eg : ‘“you can’t tell me what to do because I earn more than you and that makes me more important than you “.  :cool2:

Bit of a different dynamic as part of a football club though

Ha! 

Your logic is sound - but you've forgotten that football isn't logical!

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ha! 

But LJ isn't the players ‘boss’ is he? 

I think this is great news and bodes well on so many levels. I’ve been excited ever since I spied him sitting next to the Messiah at Charlton all them years ago.

I firmly believe Little Lee will take us to the promised land. I don’t buy the Lansdown and Ashton shit but if it’s good enough for LJ then I’m happy to be called a *** and to be proved wrong ?

Bet all those who wasted time, energy and paint on their bed sheet banners are feeling themselves now.... Looking forlornly at their stained sheets.....

Of course he is.........jeez.........:disapointed2se:

No, he isn't.

Consider Pochettino's quote:

“If you are the manager, you decide many things about the club. But if you are a head coach, your responsibility is to play better, try to improve the players and to get positive results.”

“At Southampton, I was a manager. My responsibility was not only to coach the team. With Tottenham, I am a head coach.  A head coach is head of your department. My department is to train the team.”

Your favourite OS lists LJ as Head Coach. A head coach is only given the responsibility of ensuring his team putting a good performance in the match they are playing. That includes the likes of choosing a first team and training the players in specific sets of routines required for their position in the team. The management of the team is under the club board.

Johnson could recommend players are signed/released/sacked whatever, but he isn't their boss. The final decision is someone else's. He will not be paid as much as some of the players.

You often criticise people on here for not understanding things or speaking without knowledge. That's precisely what you are doing here. Very hypocritical.

Guidelines

Bristol City Fans' Forum (OTIB)

There is no limit to the number of posts a person can make, though we do ask that any posts made add to the debate. Repetitive comments, short replies, posts that are deemed to be intentionally antagonistic etc. may result in the moderators restricting a user's posting privileges.

@TomF @Dollymarie @elhombrecito @RedM Can you enforce the forum rules please

7 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I think this is great news and bodes well on so many levels. I’ve been excited ever since I spied him sitting next to the Messiah at Charlton all them years ago.

I firmly believe Little Lee will take us to the promised land. I don’t buy the Lansdown and Ashton shit but if it’s good enough for LJ then I’m happy to be called a *** and to be proved wrong ?

Bet all those who wasted time, energy and paint on their bed sheet banners are feeling themselves now.... Looking forlornly at their stained sheets.....

Packing my 'jOnssen Out Mijit' banner back in the airing cupboard as I type. 

3 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

No, he isn't.

Consider Pochettino's quote:

“If you are the manager, you decide many things about the club. But if you are a head coach, your responsibility is to play better, try to improve the players and to get positive results.”

“At Southampton, I was a manager. My responsibility was not only to coach the team. With Tottenham, I am a head coach.  A head coach is head of your department. My department is to train the team.”

Your favourite OS lists LJ as Head Coach. A head coach is only given the responsibility of ensuring his team putting a good performance in the match they are playing. That includes the likes of choosing a first team and training the players in specific sets of routines required for their position in the team. The management of the team is under the club board.

Johnson could recommend players are signed/released/sacked whatever, but he isn't their boss. The final decision is someone else's. He will not be paid as much as some of the players.

You often criticise people on here for not understanding things or speaking without knowledge. That's precisely what you are doing here. Very hypocritical.

Let me put it another way so you’ll understand - when any player is interviewed they often mention ‘the gaffer’  by which they mean the manager. To them the gaffer is the boss. The person who can make or break your career.......To a player he is the only one that matters and the one you want to impress the most.

Of course the Head Coach has a wide area of responsibilities as you’ve highlighted and he is the main man - the boss of all things  related to football. 

Of course the ultimate boss is SL himself.

Archived