IGNORED

Frank Lampard is new manager of Frank Lampard's Chelsea (Merged)

Leveller

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Who cares anything about Chelsea and/or Lampard?

For a second there, I thought I was reading a @Robbored reply! 

This is the football chat forum, so we can discuss anything football related. 

If you're not interested in Chelsea, Maurizio Sarri, Frank Lampard's Derby County or Frank Lampard, then you could just ignore this thread :)

I've got a lot of stick on Twitter for saying this, but I think it makes sense.

I would keep Sarri, if he wants to be there, but I can appreciate that Chelsea are in a shit position. Player power rules supreme, they have an academy full of great players that aren't getting used, and they have a transfer ban in place, so Sarri won't be able to improve his squad by much. Sarri got his side into a Europa League final and finished in the Champions League positions, so I think he's done a respectable job, but opinion on him is divided, and if I were him I'd leave while my stock is still high.

Few top managers will want to replace Sarri if he decides to walk, so the next best option is to take two people that are known and liked by Chelsea fans, with managerial experience, and experience of managing their academy. Those two are the Derby manager and assistant - Frank Lampard and Jody Morris.

Lampard isn't the best choice, but if they're about to lose Hazard and won't be able to replace him, they may as well write that year off by giving a club legend and their old academy manager a chance, alongside numerous chances to their academy. If things go well, great. If things don't, sack Lampard in the summer, have a clear-out at the academy, and start from fresh with another coach at the helm and three transfer windows worth of cash in one.

Not a fan of all the hype that the media give Lampard but I could actually see him doing very well if he were to replace Sarri. This transfer embargo could be a blessing for them imo, FL obviously knows the club inside out, he will give the young ones games, and because they can’t sign anyone nobody even Chelsea themselves are expecting them to challenge for much next season so it could give FL the time for them to blood the excellent youth that they clearly have there and make a huge impact on England aswell as Chelsea.

I could be wrong and he may go there and be shite but just have an inkling that he’ll do very well.

On 23/05/2019 at 03:58, BCFC11 said:

Not a fan of all the hype that the media give Lampard but I could actually see him doing very well if he were to replace Sarri. This transfer embargo could be a blessing for them imo, FL obviously knows the club inside out, he will give the young ones games, and because they can’t sign anyone nobody even Chelsea themselves are expecting them to challenge for much next season so it could give FL the time for them to blood the excellent youth that they clearly have there and make a huge impact on England aswell as Chelsea.

I could be wrong and he may go there and be shite but just have an inkling that he’ll do very well.

I think he has what it takes. Would Zidane do better with Derby ?

OTOH this story is a hallmark of the Tall Poppy Syndrome that exists in the top flight that the media are complicit in. I don't have any love for Derby but as with Leicester and Southampton when a potential threat comes along the Big Teams are suddenly chummy with the papers (and e/o to a lesser extent) in order to strip assets from said threat. Once order resumes then it's biz as usual. You won't see tectonic shifts in the PL unless old gaffers step down or financial disaster happens.

On 21/05/2019 at 18:03, Unan said:

That is Chelsea stupidity all over. I'm sure Derby fans will say I'm bitter but when watching them play they have absolutely no set style or philosophy, just individual talent that's seen them scrape through.

Sounds perfect for Chelsea ?

I think he’ll end up at Chelsea this summer. 

I know he started at WHU, but he calls Chelsea “his club”. 

He may not be experienced, he may not be a tactical genius, but he has learned from some of the best, and will all respect some of the Derby players won’t have been good enough to play how he wants them too. Chelsea players will probably understand his vision and be able to implement it. 

Oh. And I’d like to see the Derby fans get all salty when he leaves!

I don't mind Lampard but dislike Chelsea.  If they appoint him they'll be firing him inside a year most likely and probably ruin his career.  He should hold on, this job comes up on an annual basis and will do for a long time yet.

18 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I don't mind Lampard but dislike Chelsea.  If they appoint him they'll be firing him inside a year most likely and probably ruin his career.  He should hold on, this job comes up on an annual basis and will do for a long time yet.

Fire him and give him a multi million pound pay off.  I'd do it

35 minutes ago, Nibor said:

If you were already banked with say £50m?  I wouldn't.  Not until I was ready.  Money ought not to be the motivator at that point.

Confidence though, isn’t it? Lampard’s been a top pro footballer, he’ll have all the confidence in the world and the self-belief to think that he can be the one to survive at Chelsea for several years.

His personal relationship with Chelsea would help a little too, not many of their recent managers have had this - only Jose in his second spell.

He has the profile to fill the role and will no doubt have the confidence to believe that he can do it. I’d actually fancy him to do quite well there.

On 21/05/2019 at 22:12, AppyDAZE said:

Probably only by the BBC. So right on, and politically correct-up-their-own-assholes , it would be laughable if i weren't so totally sick of them .

And you and I have to pay for all this ******* nonsense

Man City won the domestic treble,  but dont forget , in the women's game it's already been done!!!!!  or so they kept telling us.

I hate the BBC, they are pathetic these days really they are

This reads like very well-written satire

then the sad bit is that it isn’t, and you actually think like that

oh dear 

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Confidence though, isn’t it? Lampard’s been a top pro footballer, he’ll have all the confidence in the world and the self-belief to think that he can be the one to survive at Chelsea for several years.

His personal relationship with Chelsea would help a little too, not many of their recent managers have had this - only Jose in his second spell.

He has the profile to fill the role and will no doubt have the confidence to believe that he can do it. I’d actually fancy him to do quite well there.

Never understand this.  Being a good footballer has very little to do with being a good manager.  He'd do well to remember that he's effectively a YT kid again and it's too soon.  Self belief is fine but unjustified over confidence isn't.  I'll be interested to see what develops.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Never understand this.  Being a good footballer has very little to do with being a good manager.  He'd do well to remember that he's effectively a YT kid again and it's too soon.  Self belief is fine but unjustified over confidence isn't.  I'll be interested to see what develops.

Got Derby into the play off final in his first year so no doubt is full of confidence. Why not take the big job now as his career could take a nosedive. In line for a bumper payday if he succeeds or not regardless of his bank balance.

Honestly think DaSilva will now be looked at by Lampard this Summer when he inevitably gets the Chelsea job. Would not be surprised to see Mount, Tammy, DaSilva in the first team squad at Chelsea next season. Best we can hope for may be another loan, but will also depend on Alonso leaving which is rumored. Emerson would probably be first choice there at LB or LWB, but Jay would be a good back up.

I think we'll get Kalas....

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Got Derby into the play off final in his first year so no doubt is full of confidence. Why not take the big job now as his career could take a nosedive. In line for a bumper payday if he succeeds or not regardless of his bank balance.

And he may know more about Derby`s finances than we do. We just suspect they`re in the shit, he may know how deep.

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Honestly think DaSilva will now be looked at by Lampard this Summer when he inevitably gets the Chelsea job. Would not be surprised to see Mount, Tammy, DaSilva in the first team squad at Chelsea next season. Best we can hope for may be another loan, but will also depend on Alonso leaving which is rumored. Emerson would probably be first choice there at LB or LWB, but Jay would be a good back up.

I think we'll get Kalas....

IF Lampard gets the job I can see John Terry becoming his number 2

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

IF Lampard gets the job I can see John Terry becoming his number 2

According to the Guardian yesterday he would want Drogba as his assistant not Terry.

Coincidentally, or not, Drogba has been quoted recently as saying Lampard should get the job.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

But how can he succeed at Chelsea?  I don't think Abramovich's expectations tie into reality.  They're light years behind Liverpool and Man City domestically and that was with Hazard, and they're further behind in Europe.  I wonder how they'll spend the Hazard money, my bet is on poorly - whether he goes there or not it won't be up to Lampard.

49 minutes ago, chinapig said:

According to the Guardian yesterday he would want Drogba as his assistant not Terry.

Coincidentally, or not, Drogba has been quoted recently as saying Lampard should get the job.

Interesting. I suppose time will tell.

Archived