IGNORED

Annual Weston piss up

Topper 123

On 10/07/2019 at 16:38, phantom said:

I see the red arrows are doing a special flypast over Weston this Saturday just after 3pm. Nice of the reds to look after the reds 

The singer is raring to go, am sure as usual it's going to be a great day out 

yes I saw them today at about 3.10.

how did you know they were flying past, from where? 

• Admin

What an amazing afternoon.

Feedback from the pub was great, no problems all afternoon.

They reckoned there were over 500 people there. 

Was great to see so many friends and made many new friends too 

Ps Julie you should have come over and joined us, Tommy used to come and say Hello. Most of us don't bite 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Ps Julie you should have come over and joined us, Tommy used to come and say Hello. Most of us don't bite 

She had no business being there. City fans only.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Couldn't go anywhere on an away day years ago without being recognised by Tommy...

On a general note, about the presence of Julie H on here.

I believe that she is there in an official capacity as well as intelligence gathering- but if it was purely the former, she could get all of the relevant info available on here simply by reading, not bothering to register etc.

This- by which I mean the main bit, the largest bit of Football Chat, is an open forum tbh- I doubt there is any significant material useful for "football intelligence" in this sense, in the transfer forum eg.

Looked a great day out lads, glad you enjoyed.

As others have said be very wary of Julie, any chance to stitch up football fans they will do, I'm sure she was there absolutely gagging for something to go off on Saturday so they could have a nice easy boost on their policing numbers.

Still, you'll get the usual police apologists on here sticking up for her and them.... don't think she should be on here anyway but there we are.

20 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

As others have said be very wary of Julie, any chance to stitch up football fans they will do, I'm sure she was there absolutely gagging for something to go off on Saturday so they could have a nice easy boost on their policing numbers.

Still, you'll get the usual police apologists on here sticking up for her and them.... don't think she should be on here anyway but there we are.

? ð ð ðð

38 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

It does indeed look as though everyone had a great time

As for the police being there, football is certainly over-policed quite zealously, but this is because football fans have a history and that surely cannot be ignored.

This gathering is pretty much aimed at your football 'lad' and, as a result, there is always the potential for trouble. Much as you would see in any town on a Saturday night granted, but pretty much heightened by the large group of 3-400 lads who would be congregated.

The fact that a lot of the people who went see the need to report there was no trouble just goes to show that the potential for the trouble was there.

I see no problem with a couple of police hanging about in the background keeping an eye on things. They were certainly not there to 'stitch you up'.

Had there been any trouble, there would have been plenty of people asking why the police weren't there as the knowledge of this gathering happening was there in advance. Much as plenty of people are happy to blame the police for the trouble against Swansea as they knew the potential was there.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

As for the police being there, football is certainly over-policed quite zealously, but this is because football fans have a history and that surely cannot be ignored.

This gathering is pretty much aimed at your football 'lad' and, as a result, there is always the potential for trouble. Much as you would see in any town on a Saturday night granted, but pretty much heightened by the large group of 3-400 lads who would be congregated.

The fact that a lot of the people who went see the need to report there was no trouble just goes to show that the potential for the trouble was there.

I see no problem with a couple of police hanging about in the background keeping an eye on things. They were certainly not there to 'stitch you up'.

Had there been any trouble, there would have been plenty of people asking why the police weren't there as the knowledge of this gathering happening was there in advance. Much as plenty of people are happy to blame the police for the trouble against Swansea as they knew the potential was there.

Top top reply Rich.

Some posters can get resentful and a bit paranoid when they see a police presence. Not all constabularies are like the WMP.....

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Top top reply Rich.

Some posters can get resentful and a bit paranoid when they see a police presence. Not all constabularies are like the WMP.....

I am now in my own personal hell, Robbored is agreeing with me....................

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Sadly you are well known on OTIB for having a very one sided view on these kind of topics

If the event needed to be policed why were the local police or PCSO's not around?

I would be interested to know why you think that the event is "aimed at your football lad"? I've never been in the area to attend but having spoken with someone who was there he said there was a mixture of kids, adults and pensioners, both males and females with many families in attendance. Add to that a charity collection was done on the day, it hardly sounds like an event where there will be problems

There hasn't been any problems in the past so why assume that there would be this year?

This comment The fact that a lot of the people who went see the need to report there was no trouble just goes to show that the potential for the trouble was there.  Is complete nonsense and I would go as far to say it is aimed at people like you that in your reply above clearly think it was "lads" and there would be problems. It just highlights these people can attend trouble free

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Sadly you are well known on OTIB for having a very one sided view on these kind of topics

If the event needed to be policed why were the local police or PCSO's not around?

I would be interested to know why you think that the event is "aimed at your football lad"? I've never been in the area to attend but having spoken with someone who was there he said there was a mixture of kids, adults and pensioners, both males and females with many families in attendance. Add to that a charity collection was done on the day, it hardly sounds like an event where there will be problems

There hasn't been any problems in the past so why assume that there would be this year?

This comment The fact that a lot of the people who went see the need to report there was no trouble just goes to show that the potential for the trouble was there.  Is complete nonsense and I would go as far to say it is aimed at people like you that in your reply above clearly think it was "lads" and there would be problems. It just highlights these people can attend trouble free

I have no issue with the event having taken place, it looks like it was great fun, but you have to admit it was not your average run of the mill family picnic taking place was it?

It was promoted as a 'piss up' and whilst I wouldn't deny there were women, pensioners and children there, the makeup of the gathering would have been overwhelmingly 'lad', as the photo posted to this thread shows.

I am from Weston, and a large gathering outside the pub in that part of Weston would have undoubtedly caught the attention of the local police, who would have been keeping an eye on things. the only reason anyone even mentioned the police was because it was Julie.

Nobody would have expected trouble, but there was at least some potential for a large gathering of drunk blokes to go wrong somewhere along the line, and I can't really see how anybody would have a problem with a couple of coppers keeping an eye out.

10 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I have no issue with the event having taken place, it looks like it was great fun, but you have to admit it was not your average run of the mill family picnic taking place was it?

It was promoted as a 'piss up' and whilst I wouldn't deny there were women, pensioners and children there, the makeup of the gathering would have been overwhelmingly 'lad', as the photo posted to this thread shows.

I am from Weston, and a large gathering outside the pub in that part of Weston would have undoubtedly caught the attention of the local police, who would have been keeping an eye on things. the only reason anyone even mentioned the police was because it was Julie.

Nobody would have expected trouble, but there was at least some potential for a large gathering of drunk blokes to go wrong somewhere along the line, and I can't really see how anybody would have a problem with a couple of coppers keeping an eye out.

Managed perfectly well without OB needing to do their jobs in previous years.

Archived