IGNORED

Annual Weston piss up

Topper 123

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Managed perfectly well without OB needing to do their jobs in previous years.

Agreed, it looks like a great day this year and every previous year.

My only point is that the police are bound to be interested in a large group of pissed up blokes and it seems strange for some to complain about it.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I have no issue with the event having taken place, it looks like it was great fun, but you have to admit it was not your average run of the mill family picnic taking place was it?

It was promoted as a 'piss up' and whilst I wouldn't deny there were women, pensioners and children there, the makeup of the gathering would have been overwhelmingly 'lad', as the photo posted to this thread shows.

I am from Weston, and a large gathering outside the pub in that part of Weston would have undoubtedly caught the attention of the local police, who would have been keeping an eye on things. the only reason anyone even mentioned the police was because it was Julie.

Nobody would have expected trouble, but there was at least some potential for a large gathering of drunk blokes to go wrong somewhere along the line, and I can't really see how anybody would have a problem with a couple of coppers keeping an eye out.

As someone who was there on Saturday, the only time there was anything other than people stood around chatting was when the live music started, and as you are from Weston you will know that this is a regular thing at this pub

What I would say I have also attended a scooter rally and another bikers event at the same pub this year with hundreds of people at, and there were no police in attendance at either of these events

Speaking with the pub owner she has said that there have never been problems at these events in the past, so I will disagree about why there was the need for a presence 

24 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

My only point is that the police are bound to be interested in a large group of pissed up blokes and it seems strange for some to complain about it.

My initial point was the way she was stood away from the group watching what was going on, before getting in a police car and leaving

When Tommy was the football liaison officer he would approach many people at events like this and build relations with supporters, from comments many people spoke about on Saturday it has had the opposite affect

50 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Many people don't like or trust the officer in question.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's a Tweet about it, funnily enough.

All positive by the looks of it.

Back on the topic, yeah the pics look good- looks like people had a good time.

Didn't realise that account was up and running again, it was useful a few years back with information on away games

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Didn't realise that account was up and running again, it was useful a few years back with information on away games

Just found it when looking up "BristolCity"- hoping we'd signed the next piece in the jigsaw, a striker or something!

It seemed to go dormant for a while, as you say though a useful resource to have for away games- when I used to follow FSF FairCop moreso on Twitter, I looked at some other clubs and felt our one didn't compare so favourably.

On 14/07/2019 at 14:00, GasDestroyer said:

There is a big “roundup” of City fans going on at the moment - based on supposed OB CCTV evidence (home and away). Some new cameras went in around AG last season.

Some lads have been raided at 6am for practically nothing. Some are due in court soon for the Millwall away stuff soon also.

Watch your back lads. 

This!!! Exactly ..A barrister told me recently how Julie & Co made some very bold forecast on how many banning orders they would get (they gain a bigger budget based on number of banning orders ... The world cup being in Russia with little trouble and relatively trouble free season in local football (city & Rovers) meant the figures are well short hence Swansea game ,Millwall, rovers v Plymouth & a few other Rovers games have seen charges for very little .. desperately needed banning orders are an issue so don't trust JH and co at all ... She's on here to self serve (it's her job to get banning orders ) her "football intelligence" thought she would get thousands in the pocket from banning orders ... She was wrong now any slight chance she will try and get someone on one https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-paid-to-seek-football-banning-orders-8772746.html

Its been a sensible move choosing a venue away from the Pier.

No more City people covered in water/mud/sand (is it sand?)/seaweed after the old how many pints would it take for you to jump off the Pier bet.

It was only a matter of time before one was swept out to sea by the tide.

Does wonders for the local taxi economy from all the missed trains to cant find the train station at all ..

Keep it tight City.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

There were a couple of coppers just outside the pub barrier chatting to people for a little while

Was going to say I never saw anyone anywhere near us. Have spoken with staff from the pub, the singer and numerous people taking photos and they also saw nobody. 

The constant comment has been a police car circled around numerous times throughout the day and a lady got in and it drove off

Be interested to know who these coppers were as we don't get foot patrols in the daytime around the town centre 

2 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Its been a sensible move choosing a venue away from the Pier.

No more City people covered in water/mud/sand (is it sand?)/seaweed after the old how many pints would it take for you to jump off the Pier bet.

It was only a matter of time before one was swept out to sea by the tide.

Does wonders for the local taxi economy from all the missed trains to cant find the train station at all ..

Keep it tight City.

We've never met on the pier 

46 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

@phantom first couple of years we met on the seafront. Pub with a sort of patio area and a bar in the middle of the dance floor. name??? too long ago to remember and its gone now. 

It was Senoritas then changed its name to Legends

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Don’t want to sound dumb but not on Facebook, does that matter because it’s asking me to sign in

I can highly recommend having a look at the pics. As I've got older and gotten bald and fat, it has got me a little bit depressed about myself. Turns out I'm still a bit of a looker!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

@phantom first couple of years we met on the seafront. Pub with a sort of patio area and a bar in the middle of the dance floor. name??? too long ago to remember and its gone now. 

Remember those days. I thought he meant actually on the pier

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I can highly recommend having a look at the pics. As I've got older and gotten bald and fat, it has got me a little bit depressed about myself. Turns out I'm still a bit of a looker!

Wish I could look at them

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it just me, or have a few posts been removed/deleted?

Sure this thread was 4 pages about 10 mins ago. :dunno:

You are correct @Mr Popodopolous

As the discussion had gone massively off of the original topic I split the conversations between this thread and this new one

All football old bill over the years have been fair Strickland , halford  both been very good to me giving me warnings on many occasions and I respect them for that , all they ever wanted was the guys who had caused trouble or damage not the ones who were in toe , they’d tell you straight get on or get nicked . Police today just happy to nick anyone in arms length not good 

Archived