IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

Firstly it is great to see the Gate being used outside of the season, and whether personal music taste or not is sure to bring in significant revenue.

Does anybody know the amount these three concerts will generate, certainly has a huge impact on our ability to stay within FFP.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, daored said:

Firstly it is great to see the Gate being used outside of the season, and whether personal music taste or not is sure to bring in significant revenue.

Does anybody know the amount these three concerts will generate, certainly has a huge impact on our ability to stay within FFP.

Without sounding rude @daored, why would it have any impact on our FFP?

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Without sounding rude @daored, why would it have any impact on our FFP?

Increased revenue for the club, surely would have a positive impact on our finances, which would be linked to FFP - potential increase in ability to increase spending if the club wishes to ?

13 minutes ago, daored said:

Increased revenue for the club, surely would have a positive impact on our finances, which would be linked to FFP - potential increase in ability to increase spending if the club wishes to ?

That would go to Bristol Sport and not Bristol City wouldn’t it? 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, daored said:

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

That would go to Bristol Sport and not Bristol City wouldn’t it? 

This was my thinking, wouldn't imagine a penny of it comes to us, just as it won't go anywhere near Bristol Bears either

The 2018/19 accounts will show either way I guess- or some will be in those and some will be in the 2019/20 accounts as BCFC Holdings reporting period until May 31 2019- so presumably any concerts before that point will be in this seasons accounts and any after next seasons?

If indeed they appear in them at all.

It is a common misconception that Bristol City do not own Ashton Gate but we do via a holding company. This is very common for football clubs and is 100% owned in the following structure: 

image.png.5f66fb5d490aa72b8e069c0121b2d1eb.png

From a FFP perspective, we report as Bristol City Holdings Ltd to incorporate the stadium costs and revenues from other events. The prior year accounts of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd show that event income was recognised by this company and not in the accounts of Bristol Sport*:

image.png.38a4ea2ae57228ae2ecaa9cc99927acc.png

As a result, the concerts will benefit us significantly but I do not have oversight as to how much that is. As mentioned by other posters, the revenue will be split across different accounting periods depending on when the gigs are.

*the revenue will be recognised in the Bristol Sport consolidated accounts as well but I can't be bothered to go into that! 

Would imagine the concerts aren't as lucrative as a lot would imagine.

Would guess the promoter pays a fixed fee and then gets their money back from ticket sales, sponsorship and other bits and pieces.

We might make a few Bob from the hospitality, bars and catering, but that might be split with the promoter.

Either way, it's good, we make money and once Bouncy-Ball-Land* is built, all these people can stay in one of the hotels.

*Or whatever it is they are going to call the next bit of development.

21 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Does make me smile how they can close Ashton Road from 1pm today and Winterstoke Road for 3 hours tonight. 

Football fans not as important as concert goers?

City fans are familiar with what happens around the area before and after games. Many of the Concert goers won’t be. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would imagine the concerts aren't as lucrative as a lot would imagine.

Would guess the promoter pays a fixed fee and then gets their money back from ticket sales, sponsorship and other bits and pieces.

We might make a few Bob from the hospitality, bars and catering, but that might be split with the promoter.

Either way, it's good, we make money and once Bouncy-Ball-Land* is built, all these people can stay in one of the hotels.

*Or whatever it is they are going to call the next bit of development.

Yup, this is how it works. I’m thinking we might not make much but these concerts are more to show the concert business that we can hold such events. I think there are categories and we are hoping to prove ourselves and then apply for the next level up for next year perhaps. 

Not sold out tonight. I had no trouble buying 2 tickets on Sunday. As a Dolmanite the perspective from S stand will be interesting. I'll keep an eye on the Dolman to see how many leave early ?

Not a Rod Stewart fan myself, but she who must be obeyed wanted to go!

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not sold out tonight. I had no trouble buying 2 tickets on Sunday. As a Dolmanite the perspective from S stand will be interesting. I'll keep an eye on the Dolman to see how many leave early ?

Problem with this concert he announced one in Southampton ages before, I know of a number of people who bought tickets down there, then weeks later they announce one in Bristol, when people in this area have already bought tickets elsewhere

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

It is a common misconception that Bristol City do not own Ashton Gate but we do via a holding company. This is very common for football clubs and is 100% owned in the following structure: 

image.png.5f66fb5d490aa72b8e069c0121b2d1eb.png

From a FFP perspective, we report as Bristol City Holdings Ltd to incorporate the stadium costs and revenues from other events. The prior year accounts of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd show that event income was recognised by this company and not in the accounts of Bristol Sport*:

image.png.38a4ea2ae57228ae2ecaa9cc99927acc.png

As a result, the concerts will benefit us significantly but I do not have oversight as to how much that is. As mentioned by other posters, the revenue will be split across different accounting periods depending on when the gigs are.

*the revenue will be recognised in the Bristol Sport consolidated accounts as well but I can't be bothered to go into that! 

@Coppello Any idea where Bristol Bears fit into these accounts?

I know someone who bought three tickets for £105 each via Viagogo for the Take That gig. Tickets arrived, printed face value of £55 each. The Website seller took £600. They went to bank and credit card... apparently they can't do anything. Be careful who you buy tickets from

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I know someone who bought three tickets for £105 each via Viagogi for the Take That gig. Tickets arrived, printed face value of £55 each. The Website seller took £600. They went to bank and credit card... apparently they can't do anything. Be careful who you buy tickets from

Viagogo are dreadful for this. I always use Stubhub, have bought and sold tickets through them, not problem at all.

25 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Wonder how many Fewers are being forced to go, who both dislike Rod, and have no desire to set foot in BS3.

So for as much as you have reservations, there will be people under more duress than you.

1 hour ago, Dolman Original said:

Does make me smile how they can close Ashton Road from 1pm today and Winterstoke Road for 3 hours tonight. 

Football fans not as important as concert goers?

Ashton Road always closed for at least 30 minutes after each match. Keep up!

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Coppello Any idea where Bristol Bears fit into these accounts?

Right, I've drawn up a more detailed diagram to help/confuse you further. Bristol City Holdings are owned by Pula Ltd who are a Guernsey registered company and they also own the Bears as well as Bristol Sport Ltd:

image.thumb.png.e35c31a27e748c428bc85c7ac854d58d.png

The footballing activity falls within the red circle and we report our FFP information as Bristol City Holdings Ltd. The rental charge flows between Bristol Rugby Club Ltd and Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd as shown with the green line. This is significant as the trading results/assets/liabilities of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd and Bristol City Football Club Ltd are consolidated/aggregated into Bristol City Holdings Ltd. In turn this improves our FFP reporting and the funds can be reinvested in the playing squad.

There is a further web of companies above Pula Ltd but as they're Guernsey registered there's little information. The group ends with Pula Sports Ltd who are owned by Steve and Maggie. 

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Right, I've drawn up a more detailed diagram to help/confuse you further. Bristol City Holdings are owned by Pula Ltd who are a Guernsey registered company and they also own the Bears as well as Bristol Sport Ltd:

The footballing activity falls within the red circle and we report our FFP information as Bristol City Holdings Ltd. The rental charge flows between Bristol Rugby Club Ltd and Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd as shown with the green line. This is significant as the trading results/assets/liabilities of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd and Bristol City Football Club Ltd are consolidated/aggregated into Bristol City Holdings Ltd. In turn this improves our FFP reporting and the funds can be reinvested in the playing squad.

There is a further web of companies above Pula Ltd but as they're Guernsey registered there's little information. The group ends with Pula Sports Ltd who are owned by Steve and Maggie. 

Really interesting to look at, cheers!

So am I right in thinking that it benefits us FFP wise that the Bears play at Ashton Gate, because they "pay" a rental charge to the stadium company (even though it's still owned by Lansdown), thereby increasing the revenue of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd and thus that of Bristol City Holdings Ltd?

3 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Really interesting to look at, cheers!

So am I right in thinking that it benefits us FFP wise that the Bears play at Ashton Gate, because they "pay" a rental charge to the stadium company (even though it's still owned by Lansdown), thereby increasing the revenue of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd and thus that of Bristol City Holdings Ltd?

Yeah, exactly right. Ground rent in 17-18, which I assume is mostly from the Bears, was £2.3m. I know people have complained in the past about the rugby club sharing the ground but it does allow us to increase our wage bill and sign players of a higher calibre. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Ashton Road always closed for at least 30 minutes after each match. Keep up!

I thought he meant the road was closed 6 hours before the concert starting, and the other road 3 hours before starting

That doesn't happen at football / rugby

But assume it was part of getting the licence for the additional 7k people 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I know someone who bought three tickets for £105 each via Viagogo for the Take That gig. Tickets arrived, printed face value of £55 each. The Website seller took £600. They went to bank and credit card... apparently they can't do anything. Be careful who you buy tickets from

Viagogo whilst charlatans by charging high prices for tickets do clearly state the prices before you enter your credit card details in exactly the same way as Stubhub do, I'm am assuming your friend got a bit clicky clicky and didn't actually look at what they were buying and for how much.

For anyone wanting tickets at the last minute Ticketmaster were selling standing ones for AG as recently as yesterday so avoid resale unless you need a seat!

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Any 15ers reading this ?

Yes, YOU, you six fingered inbred **** !

1) Proof (not as if it were ever needed) that "Bristol City 1982 Ltd" no longer exists, our club forms part of Bristol City Holdings Ltd, and is owned by Pula Ltd. 

2) We are not tenants as you often make out.

3) We are in no way a "franchise", try looking up that it means.

4) Our club is now a slick professionally run organisation; something you ***kwits can only dream of !

F the concerts !!!

My car was parked by my work today at 7am near the gate and the road promptly turned into a tow away zone about 8 (apparently) !!

Came out of work like a don and then spent an hour on the phone trying to find my car.

Meh - shits and giggles !!

3 hours ago, Coppello said:

Thanks for posting this pic....saved for future ref.   I guess the other bits missing is 1) that BCFC also pay rent to AGS too and that AGL has to pay the interest on the stadium loan and depreciation costs for the stadium....so it’s not all £££££s.  It actually made a loss in 17/18....but of course I suspect that not all of that loss is counted towards FFP!

Re those depreciation costs you do wonder how Mel Morris at Derby got to an £80m valuation!!!

2 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

Viagogo whilst charlatans by charging high prices for tickets do clearly state the prices before you enter your credit card details in exactly the same way as Stubhub do, I'm am assuming your friend got a bit clicky clicky and didn't actually look at what they were buying and for how much.

For anyone wanting tickets at the last minute Ticketmaster were selling standing ones for AG as recently as yesterday so avoid resale unless you need a seat!

They produced emails for £105 each.

Then after the complaint...sent copies of emails showing invoice for £600.

These were never received.

She is still in the process of proving none receipt.

Archived