IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

6 hours ago, Coppello said:

It is a common misconception that Bristol City do not own Ashton Gate but we do via a holding company. This is very common for football clubs and is 100% owned in the following structure: 

image.png.5f66fb5d490aa72b8e069c0121b2d1eb.png

From a FFP perspective, we report as Bristol City Holdings Ltd to incorporate the stadium costs and revenues from other events. The prior year accounts of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd show that event income was recognised by this company and not in the accounts of Bristol Sport*:

image.png.38a4ea2ae57228ae2ecaa9cc99927acc.png

As a result, the concerts will benefit us significantly but I do not have oversight as to how much that is. As mentioned by other posters, the revenue will be split across different accounting periods depending on when the gigs are.

*the revenue will be recognised in the Bristol Sport consolidated accounts as well but I can't be bothered to go into that! 

This is excellent work.

I’ve screen grabbed it for the next time some trots out the old “We don’t own the stadium any more” line.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks for posting this pic....saved for future ref.   I guess the other bits missing is 1) that BCFC also pay rent to AGS too and that AGL has to pay the interest on the stadium loan and depreciation costs for the stadium....so it’s not all £££££s.  It actually made a loss in 17/18....but of course I suspect that not all of that loss is counted towards FFP!

Re those depreciation costs you do wonder how Mel Morris at Derby got to an £80m valuation!!!

The results get consolidated as you go up the group structure. So the results of Bristol City Holdings Ltd will be made up of:

- The results of Bristol City Holdings Ltd

- Add the revenues & expenses of Bristol City Football Club Ltd

- Add the revenues & expenses of Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd

Before you do this, you need to remove any transactions between companies within that consolidation group (otherwise you'd be double counting and can have massive revenues). Therefore any rent charged between BCHL & AGL will be removed and would not count towards our FFP calculation. Similarly, all stadium costs and depreciation are deductible from the FFP calculations so this wouldn't have any impact. The only cost would be the loan interest which would be included within our calculation!

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The results get consolidated as you go up the group structure. So the results of Bristol City Holdings Ltd will be made up of:

Before you do this, you need to remove any transactions between companies within that consolidation group (otherwise you'd be double counting and can have massive revenues). Therefore any rent charged between BCHL & AGL will be removed and would not count towards our FFP calculation. Similarly, all stadium costs and depreciation are deductible from the FFP calculations so this wouldn't have any impact. The only cost would be the loan interest which would be included within our calculation!

Great...ta.  I guess that is the reason it’s structured like it is and why the fact that although BCH made a £25m(ish) loss, it’s better to report FFP at that level than BCFC because of the way you can remove certain things.  Is that right?

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

When you look at it like this it seems a very clever bit of structuring which gives the club a distinct advantage over our championship rivals in terms of FFP.  No wonder LJ, MA and SL seemed to be very positive about our ability to compete next season.  

5 hours ago, spudski said:

I know someone who bought three tickets for £105 each via Viagogo for the Take That gig. Tickets arrived, printed face value of £55 each. The Website seller took £600. They went to bank and credit card... apparently they can't do anything. Be careful who you buy tickets from

Anyone who buys take that tickets are wasting their money, however much they spend!!  ?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Great...ta.  I guess that is the reason it’s structured like it is and why the fact that although BCH made a £25m(ish) loss, it’s better to report FFP at that level than BCFC because of the way you can remove certain things.  Is that right?

5 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

When you look at it like this it seems a very clever bit of structuring which gives the club a distinct advantage over our championship rivals in terms of FFP.  No wonder LJ, MA and SL seemed to be very positive about our ability to compete next season.  

The rent/stadium is definitely structured in the most beneficial way for the football club. If it wasn't owned by the football club and sat beneath Bristol Sport Ltd, the football club would not be able to benefit from the rental income to boost their FFP compliance. Also, based on my limited understanding of rugby FFP, the only rules they need to adhere to is the salary cap. Therefore any stadium costs are going to have a minimal impact on their operations and therefore it is most efficient for the football club to hold the stadium. 

Moving slightly away from FFP and other such matters, I'm going to my first Ashton Gate gig this summer to see Spic....er Muse. I'm going to find it really interesting to see how it compares to a match day experience:

Will the fan village have even more stalls than a usual match day like the ManUtd and ManCity games?

Will they have toilets in the fan village or will you need to go into the concourse?

Will there still be a small stage in the fan village for a warm up act or two? (If the band's they have for match days are up and coming local bands then why not?)

Will I be able to get a Muse / Pale Waves (support act) half and half scarf?

I'm also in the standing section (No, not the usual one, the one on the pitch!) so I am interested to see how that works, whether it feels rammed, and if there are "yellow box" no standing zones that are dedicated pathways towards the toilets / concourse. Apparently there are also bars on the pitch so I'll be interested to see how that works, and where they've placed them.

Last of all I hope I come out feeling as though it was a massive success. I haven't seen Muse since I saw them on the Pyramid stage in 2010, so I hope it's good! Ashton Gate has an exceptional line up this year in my opinion and I hope that bodes well for the future.

• Admin

Looking at videos and photos from tonight's gig it looks empty, the pitch seems to only have seats up to the halfway line with a massive gap to the south stand. 

Also the stage set up looks small in front of the atyeo stand. 

Oh well as long as those there enjoy themselves 

Personally I've no interest in these concerts apart from Muse although not going as I've seen them before but its fantastic to see Bristol and especially Aston Gate finally getting big shows on, bodes well for the future and about time Bristol was on the circuit for big name concerts.

11 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Personally I've no interest in these concerts apart from Muse although not going as I've seen them before but its fantastic to see Bristol and especially Aston Gate finally getting big shows on, bodes well for the future and about time Bristol was on the circuit for big name concerts.

I meant to say Ashton Gate not Aston Gate, bloody Villa !!!

7 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not sold out tonight. I had no trouble buying 2 tickets on Sunday. As a Dolmanite the perspective from S stand will be interesting. I'll keep an eye on the Dolman to see how many leave early ?

Not a Rod Stewart fan myself, but she who must be obeyed wanted to go!

I got one of those at home. And a step daughter in law who is going to a Muse herself at another concert.

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Thank God for a Desso pitch!

It was dug up 10 days ago. By dug up I don’t mean entirely, the Desso part is obviously left in place but if you are looking for grass...there isn’t any.

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking at videos and photos from tonight's gig it looks empty, the pitch seems to only have seats up to the halfway line with a massive gap to the south stand. 

This was always intended to be the smallest attendance of the concerts. Makes sense to ramp up rather than go big and get it wrong.

"Mr Kelly said the first of the big concerts, Rod Stewart on May 27, was the smallest and would act as a “great test” for the bigger concerts to follow."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-stadium-take-that-2571661

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

The staging is different for each of the concerts. It gets removed by 2.00am tonight and then I think there is 24 hours before the Take That riggers move in. Judging by previous tours they put on a hell of a show, so not comparable to a Rod Stewart show at all. The concert tonight is the only one with pitch seating I think.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

The staging is different for each of the concerts. It gets removed by 2.00am tonight and then I think there is 24 hours before the Take That riggers move in. Judging by previous tours they put on a hell of a show, so not comparable to a Rod Stewart show at all. The concert tonight is the only one with pitch seating I think.

I’m often amazed at the knowledge many have on here ??????????

8 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not sold out tonight. I had no trouble buying 2 tickets on Sunday. As a Dolmanite the perspective from S stand will be interesting. I'll keep an eye on the Dolman to see how many leave early ?

Not a Rod Stewart fan myself, but she who must be obeyed wanted to go!

Was it good? Could hear it from home and it sounded an excellent set. Crowd sounded good too.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

This was always intended to be the smallest attendance of the concerts. Makes sense to ramp up rather than go big and get it wrong.

"Mr Kelly said the first of the big concerts, Rod Stewart on May 27, was the smallest and would act as a “great test” for the bigger concerts to follow."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-stadium-take-that-2571661

Strange that it was intended to be a lower crowd than the other three. 

The seating layout was obviously reflected in this with how big the gaps were between the seats 

It was definitely a strange decision to announce this concert after all the other dates had been on sale already 

Screenshot_20190522-220140_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190522-220147_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190522-220152_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190522-220156_Facebook.jpg

Archived