IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

8 hours ago, spudski said:

I know someone who bought three tickets for £105 each via Viagogo for the Take That gig. Tickets arrived, printed face value of £55 each. The Website seller took £600. They went to bank and credit card... apparently they can't do anything. Be careful who you buy tickets from

I goy scammed by Viagogo last year. I didn't realise it was a ticket re-seller and bought a ticket for the World Athletics in London, got to the turnstile and it was fake! I got a full refund but bought a ticket from the official site instead. Viagogo gave me £40 voucher as compensation but everything was too expensive on their site and I didn't trust them. I won't ever use them again.

10 hours ago, Dolman Original said:

Does make me smile how they can close Ashton Road from 1pm today and Winterstoke Road for 3 hours tonight. 

Football fans not as important as concert goers?

Maybe Rod is planning on leading a conga down the street to Do You Think I'm Sexy

Sounded great tonight. Really enjoyed listening to some of it. Thanks @phantomfor the photos good to actually see Ashton Gate set up like that.

I do remember the "great test" comment @View from the Dolman and I'm pleased that's been the case. I hope there were a few learning points this evening for the sell out gigs. It'll be interesting to see if they can get these events right. They've done them before so I don't see why not.

13 hours ago, daored said:

Firstly it is great to see the Gate being used outside of the season, and whether personal music taste or not is sure to bring in significant revenue.

Does anybody know the amount these three concerts will generate, certainly has a huge impact on our ability to stay within FFP.

I think it’s four gigs - Rod, Take That, Muse Spice Girls? I could be wrong ...

2 hours ago, RedM said:

The staging is different for each of the concerts. It gets removed by 2.00am tonight and then I think there is 24 hours before the Take That riggers move in. Judging by previous tours they put on a hell of a show, so not comparable to a Rod Stewart show at all. The concert tonight is the only one with pitch seating I think.

Yep, that's right. The stage, lighting rig, screens, etc will all travel with the tour. So everything will  get taken down before a new stage and rig goes up for the next gig. 

Floodlights are still on and sounds like they are taking it all down now (Which isn't a suprise). Busy summer schedule!

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

Yep, that's right. The stage, lighting rig, screens, etc will all travel with the tour. So everything will  get taken down before a new stage and rig goes up for the next gig. 

Floodlights are still on and sounds like they are taking it all down now (Which isn't a suprise). Busy summer schedule!

On a Airport run went across Bemmie Down about 15mins ago and it was all lights out

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

So are the others being staged "in the round"? Would look pretty good from the upper Lansdown if so.

The remaining concerts have no seating on the pitch, standing only so there will be no gaps visible if that’s what you mean.Yes visually it will look better. I believe you have to have a wristband for pitch access. I will be there for Take That ( on the pitch) so will comment my experiences on here if anyone is interested. I also have people at the other two gigs so have a wide picture of experiences for comparison. Didn’t have anyone I know there last night, only some workmates of MrRedM’s so I’m waiting to hear their thoughts, they went for hospitality prices at eyewatering cost. 

6 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Upside and downsides of the event

approx 100 concert goers getting off  at Parson Street off  the 5pm service from bristol temple meads

and another approx 50 geting off at Parson Street off the 5:30pm service from bristol temple meads

DOWNSIDE vehicles getting parking tickets along ashton road

#DowntownTrain

Can anyone who went last night comment on what transport/travel was like in the area. I am coming on Tuesday but can't decide whether to get private coach or get someone to pick up/drop off near SS Great Britain or something and walk from there. How was the traffic in and out of Bristol last night? I imagine it will be busier on Tuesday anyway as bigger crowd, but just wanted to try and gauge how it was. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Can anyone who went last night comment on what transport/travel was like in the area. I am coming on Tuesday but can't decide whether to get private coach or get someone to pick up/drop off near SS Great Britain or something and walk from there. How was the traffic in and out of Bristol last night? I imagine it will be busier on Tuesday anyway as bigger crowd, but just wanted to try and gauge how it was. Thanks. 

Traffic in from Frenchay was like any evening game. Just under an hour via the centre/Cumberland Basin. Got there around 5, plenty of on street parking. Getting home much easier. Finished around an hour later than a game so less traffic generally . But unlike at football, the vast majority of those there seemed to have not travelled by car and were therefore milling around outside looking for their coach/shuttle/bus transport I guess.

Also a lot walking along Coronation Rd. 

SS Great Britain drop off/collection seems a reasonable plan, though I didn't travel via Cumberland Rd.

9 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Traffic in from Frenchay was like any evening game. Just under an hour via the centre/Cumberland Basin. Got there around 5, plenty of on street parking. Getting home much easier. Finished around an hour later than a game so less traffic generally . But unlike at football, the vast majority of those there seemed to have not travelled by car and were therefore milling around outside looking for their coach/shuttle/bus transport I guess.

Also a lot walking along Coronation Rd. 

SS Great Britain drop off/collection seems a reasonable plan, though I didn't travel via Cumberland Rd.

Perfect, thanks. I am leaning towards the pick up/drop off option to be honest. Would rather walk 10 mins to car and get straight on our way home afterwards than be wandering round trying to find coach and potentially getting stuck in traffic on that side of the river. From experience with the football it is always much better parking that side of the river to avoid traffic after the game.

1 hour ago, Ashton Yate said:

Speaking to my dad it took him 30 mins from Downend last night although I expect it will be busier next week.

Archived