IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

14 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Parents went to see Rod Stewart, not enough buses to get people back to park and ride and signage was awful they said. Hours wait for bus back to Brislington, every one in queue said concert was amazing ground was great but getting back home was awful.

Hopefully, Mark Kelly will be reading the feedback and will act to reflect-assure people that 1) the cause of the problem has been identified  2) apologies to those affected and 3) the following actions have been put in place to avoid it happening again. 

That would be good PR and re-assure those people hearing these stories to use the P&R, rather than come in by car.

We’ve got to change the culture of our Club from one that has best intentions but fails, to one that constantly delivers and succeeds. We’re improving, but we need to be better.

Some of the comments apply to football match days. For the casual P&R users (inc away fans) never quite sure where the buses will be post-match and never sure whether you’ll get on one due to demand. Simple fixes really.

8 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Parents went to see Rod Stewart, not enough buses to get people back to park and ride and signage was awful they said. Hours wait for bus back to Brislington, every one in queue said concert was amazing ground was great but getting back home was awful.

Thanks for that info, it's very useful as we have booked the park and ride from Brislington.  Having seen these comments, we might drive instead.  No idea what the on-street parking situation is these days (it's been a while since my last visit), hopefully with a Blue Badge we will be able to find somewhere not too far away.  

Comments from the Rod Stewart gig, Hubby’s mates in Hospitality, paid £345 a ticket (!) . Free bar until around 7.30pm so good. Meal quite disappointing, one potato, kale and a small piece of chicken. Sat in the Lansdown seats, not easy to see screens as too close/wrong angle to them. Rod was good, no problems with sound etc. Towards the end many fans tried to get from the stand onto the pitch as lots were dancing, even though there was masses of room they weren’t allowed to move ( from expensive seats to cheaper pitch area). Bottles of Heinekein avaible to drink afterwards, think you had to pay if you wanted alternate drink.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for that info, it's very useful as we have booked the park and ride from Brislington.  Having seen these comments, we might drive instead.  No idea what the on-street parking situation is these days (it's been a while since my last visit), hopefully with a Blue Badge we will be able to find somewhere not too far away.  

Head for Kennel Lodge Road (the access to Ashton Court). You`ll be in the Bower Ashton RPZ which is the only one that operates 24/7/365 so won`t get filled up quickly after 5pm and you can park for as long as you like with a blue badge in one of the ressy streets. The only slight problem might be if they`re using Ashton Court for buses or anything in which case they might have coned the parking in KLR itself off. If they have, just go back to the roundabout, go round, and turn up the road that goes up to the primary school and there`s loads of ressy parking up there too.

On 24/05/2019 at 01:37, zippycar said:

Confirm £6 a pint and same for wine for the “ladies”

Traffic was quite light & got to ground in approx. half hour from Emersons Green arriving at 7:00 pm.

Very relaxed and welcoming attitude from all security staff and if anything, over staffed. Hopefully this will be the same going forward.

No long wait at bars and the only long queues I say was for the ladies loos.

Yes lights out in the stands and from where I was in W14 of the Lansdown the vomitory lights didn’t interfere with the view.

Definitely one for the older (my) generation. Sound was good, Rod’s voice fantastic for a 74 year old and was on stage for over 2 hours, so definitely value for money, assuming that you didn’t pay hundreds for the experience, as some hospitality tickets were charging.

Only oddity was how early surrounding bars closed post concert, but Hen & Chicken very welcoming and crowded by 11:15.

Hen & Chicken also had been taken aback by how manic it got pre concert, but say they will be more prepared for future concerts, so if you want to drink and not get ripped off, support the local bars pre and post event.

The hen and chicken is hardly much cheaper, £5 a pint for estrella I’m sure.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Head for Kennel Lodge Road (the access to Ashton Court). You`ll be in the Bower Ashton RPZ which is the only one that operates 24/7/365 so won`t get filled up quickly after 5pm and you can park for as long as you like with a blue badge in one of the ressy streets. The only slight problem might be if they`re using Ashton Court for buses or anything in which case they might have coned the parking in KLR itself off. If they have, just go back to the roundabout, go round, and turn up the road that goes up to the primary school and there`s loads of ressy parking up there too.

Loads of no parking/ tow away signs around there yesterday for the concert dates. Not sure how this affects Blue Badge holders but thought I'd mention it.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

For the Rod Stewart gig there were plenty of on street spaces in the Coronation Rd area at 5pm. Depends how close you need to be. 

Duckmoor Rd area worth considering as well I would think.

The key point is to get there early. Just like for the Championship games, not that you'd  know that of course, ?.

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I resd that the sound quality at the Spice Girls concert in Dublin was terrible. @Robbored is going to be incandescent with rage if the same happens at Ashton Gate.

I would have thought that the sound quality at any Spice Girls concert would be terrible !! Just my opinion of course ??

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

For the Rod Stewart gig there were plenty of on street spaces in the Coronation Rd area at 5pm. Depends how close you need to be. 

The key point is to get there early. Just like for the Championship games, not that you'd  know that of course, ?.

I live on Duckmoor Rd. People were parking from about 2 onwards, so bg about 5, loadd of people just driving around in circles. 

What was more amazing was people turning up and trying to find spaces at 7.30.

8 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Ha ha - always had to be there early for the derby matches - those secret tunnels used to get rather crowded.

Is there a tented village set up for refreshments etc - don't want to stray too far from my comfort zone.

Archived