IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

4 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ha ha - always had to be there early for the derby matches - those secret tunnels used to get rather crowded.

Is there a tented village set up for refreshments etc - don't want to stray too far from my comfort zone.

Plenty of refreshments outside and inside the ground. There are security inspections at the car park entrances which have temporary barriers and entrances set up. Followed by ticket validation and body scans in the same areas. These are the actual entrances to the event.

Once you are through these you are in the venue. The doors to the stands are open so you can go into the concourse and back out again whenever you want.

What you can't do is to leave the venue, i.e. go back out through the entrances which have been set up and which are passed through to get in.

22 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ha ha - always had to be there early for the derby matches - those secret tunnels used to get rather crowded.

Is there a tented village set up for refreshments etc - don't want to stray too far from my comfort zone.

The one thing you will have to get used to is that the crisps will be in date and the Fanta will be the genuine article.

2 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

I’ll tell you what I want what I really really want I wanna zingazinga burger

The KFC could come up with a Spice Girls pricing strategy that would see the WKD and Bacardi Breezer generation come flocking and leave Ashton Gate devoid of revenue.

What they need to do, is to charge people double, but only deliver half the order.

'When Two Become One' 

They'll make a killing.

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The KFC could come up with a Spice Girls pricing strategy that would see the WKD and Bacardi Breezer generation come flocking and leave Ashton Gate devoid of revenue.

What they need to do, is to charge people double, but only deliver half the order.

'When Two Become One' 

They'll make a killing.

Or they could offer a bog standard chicken burger but package it in a Spice Girls branded cardboard sleeve. They could then knock them out for about fifteen quid.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Does @Never to the dark side or @phantom know if there are any extra trains stopping at Parson St on Tuesday night please?

The email I had from the organisers said there were extra trains for the Muse and Spice Girls concerts, but nothing for the Take That concert 

Any info great fully received.

@GreedyHarry

This is the only additional service tomorrow 

20190527_095056.jpg

51 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Do season tickets still get discounts for drinks etc ?

This event is nothing to do with football or rugby. The stadium has been hired for these events by the music promoters so obviously no discount.

Someone asked earlier how much we would likely to be making. 

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony is on record as saying they are making £150k profit from the concerts this summer. He was responding to someone moaning about pre season games being away. 

I don’t know how many/who is playing at Peterborough, but knowing the size of the ground I would imagine it’s less than Ashton Gate is holding this summer. 

So so they will make money, but I wouldn’t have thought the millions people are imagining. It’s more about profile. But every little helps! 

4 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Someone asked earlier how much we would likely to be making. 

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony is on record as saying they are making £150k profit from the concerts this summer. He was responding to someone moaning about pre season games being away. 

I don’t know how many/who is playing at Peterborough, but knowing the size of the ground I would imagine it’s less than Ashton Gate is holding this summer. 

So so they will make money, but I wouldn’t have thought the millions people are imagining. It’s more about profile. But every little helps! 

Craig David and Tom Jones are the only ones I can see, you would hope that Rod  Stewart,  Take That, Spice Girls and Muse woild bring in more than 150k??

17 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Craig David and Tom Jones are the only ones I can see, you would hope that Rod  Stewart,  Take That, Spice Girls and Muse woild bring in more than 150k??

Ha ha.  Didn’t realise that. Tom Jones and Rod on the same level?? 

If if that’s the case. Decent return for two concerts for them. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just heard from a friend who lives local to AG that there are people camping out at the moment to see TT tomorrow

They interviewed one of the ladies camping there on ITV West, she said she got there yesterday! 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Just heard from a friend who lives local to AG that there are people camping out at the moment to see TT tomorrow

Yep. It was on the local news - camping out by the Atyeo statue. I wonder what they do with their tents and other stuff when they finally get into Ashton Gate?

1 hour ago, Red Grovesy said:

Yep. It was on the local news - camping out by the Atyeo statue. I wonder what they do with their tents and other stuff when they finally get into Ashton Gate?

Is what I was wondering given my tickets state “no bags bigger than A4 size” 

• Admin

What I thought was odd the woman that was at the front of the queue got there yesterday but she said how she has been around local shops etc today, so how does she keep her place in the queue, surely she rejoins at the back?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

What I thought was odd the woman that was at the front of the queue got there yesterday but she said how she has been around local shops etc today, so how does she keep her place in the queue, surely she rejoins at the back?

Probably like the que system at Wimbledon tennis tournament..you get given a number for your place in the que.

I didn’t realise it had been on the news. Regarding people who camp, my experience from other gigs ( and I’ve been to a fair few all over the country) is the venue quite often gives the campers or people who have queued early and are at the head of the queue a pass or a number, sometimes even just written with a sharpie on the persons hand.  Depending on venue size it can be anything from around 50 to a couple of hundred, this indicates their place in the queue. The people then are allowed to return to their cars and put their camping stuff away and return to the queue. I’ve never done it.

In Cardiff for a gig back in the winter people had purchased cheap duvets from primary etc, they just handed them out to the homeless who were hanging around just before they went in. It was quite a weird sight, the homeless descending on a gig queue from every direction and then all these pristine white quilts all walking away!

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think it`s sort of accepted that you keep your place. I remember queuing all day for Millennium tickets (Brighton play off I think) and people were taking a break every now and again and returning to their place in the line. As long as the people around you are OK with it, no problem.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Or she has someone ‘queue sit’ for her, one of her group stays on the understanding she gets let back in, or you  get chatting to the people in front and behind and come to the same agreement. I’ve done this to nip to the loo or something, not to go shopping, but the longest I’ve queued is only about 4 hours or so I think.

Archived