IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Probably like the que system at Wimbledon tennis tournament..you get given a number for your place in the que.

I’ve queued at Wimbledon the last 3 years, such a slick operation, different queues for different days, you get a ticket with a number so you can go and get drinks etc, and then get back where you were

remember queuing overnight for playoff tickets v Walsall , the cider was flowing and in the early hours  several of us climbed the fence with a  ball  got on the pitch and had a kick about then took a few penalties  and ran down the tunnel on to the pitch  . dont think you would get away with it now

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve queued at Wimbledon the last 3 years, such a slick operation, different queues for different days, you get a ticket with a number so you can go and get drinks etc, and then get back where you were

Flipping 'eck, you must be freezing

42 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Look - concerts not my thing - but why are they queuing? Surely everyone has a ticket,  they'll all get in.........please don't tell me people are camping out just to get in front of the stage?  ????

Is the right answer. I’m guessing they have standing tickets so want to get down the front once the gates open. Meanwhile I’ll just wander to my seat shortly before Rick Astley starts. ;) 

Attention seeking ***** who want to be on the news.The sound is appalling at the front too, always head to the mixing desk about 2/3rds back.

Get in first, run to the front, after a couple of hours or so waiting you are still going to want the loo.  Then you have to get to the front again.

People really are idiots.

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Look - concerts not my thing - but why are they queuing? Surely everyone has a ticket,  they'll all get in.........please don't tell me people are camping out just to get in front of the stage?  ????

Yes, this is exactly what they are doing ‘to get barrier’ is a very big thing amongst standers. Of course those who have a seat ticket can just rock up when they like as they have a dedicated seat. At some concerts standing is so much more expensive than seated. I hate to sit but have done a few times as standing was so dear. I love to be right in with the action, not always front row but there abouts. When I saw Take That in Swansea two years ago we actually moved back a bit as being near the front you couldn’t see the great visual show theirs is. 

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Why would you queue then and not just get a ticket, go off and come back later..?

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Attention seeking ***** who want to be on the news.The sound is appalling at the front too, always head to the mixing desk about 2/3rds back.

Get in first, run to the front, after a couple of hours or so waiting you are still going to want the loo.  Then you have to get to the front again.

People really are idiots.

People generally are morons, I’d agree with that..! 

I suppose for these people, it’s a big thing and all part of the event. The “story” of how they camped overnight and were front of the queue. 

I don’t get it and can’t think of anything worse, but if it makes them happy then it’s all good. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People generally are morons, I’d agree with that..! 

I suppose for these people, it’s a big thing and all part of the event. The “story” of how they camped overnight and were front of the queue. 

I don’t get it and can’t think of anything worse, but if it makes them happy then it’s all good. 

Many people get hooked on a band or artist and follow their whole tour, so probably a month or six weeks of seeing them at least every couple of nights. My son and daughter don’t do  this because of work commitments but they have examples of people that do. Rita Ora in Cardiff last Tuesday (21st). my daughter knows a couple from Cambridge who then saw her on 22nd in Bournemouth, 24th in London, 25th in Birmingham, 26th in Middlesbrough. Yesterday (27th)  they saw her in Liverpool, tonight will be in Leeds and finally on 29th in Glasgow! The girl has also upgraded to a VIP package to meet the singer at least 4 times to her knowledge, at a cost of £110 each time. 

And we thought Saturday/Tuesday matches can be gruelling!

Sometimes fans even follow them abroad. Another person my daughter knows has seen Years & Years 52 times, anywhere from all over the UK to Europe and the US, and has pretty much bankrupted herself doing so. 

They are just as dedicated and fanatical as any football fan. I often wonder though what happens when the bands fade away or break up, as many do, it must be devastating for them. At least we know our club is more likely to be here. 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does anyone know if you get your ST discount on food and drink at concerts or is it only on match days? 

I’m pretty certain there is no discount. As previously mentioned on here somewhere by myself and others, the concerts are totally separate events from football or rugby. The promotors have hired the stadium to host the gig, that is the only connection therefore any ST discounts do not apply. 

Probably a silly question but why are people queueing a day before when they have tickets? 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Who is the support act for Take That? Asking for a friend. 

Big Rick

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m pretty certain there is no discount. As previously mentioned on here somewhere by myself and others, the concerts are totally separate events from football or rugby. The promotors have hired the stadium to host the gig, that is the only connection therefore any ST discounts do not apply. 

Thanks, I’d assumed as much! 

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Who is the support act for Take That? Asking for a friend. 

Rick Astley, the original One Hit Wonder and the only person in the world who can’t dance to his own song...should be good. ?

The Spice Girls have a better support act in Jess Glynn than themselves, very weird. That’s if she turns up, our Jess has a habit of cancelling. Somehow I’ve seen her three times when not really intending too. She is good, very slick and professional but no personality at all. I’ve not seen Rick before.

Further update from MrRedM’s workmates who saw Rod Stewart. It has been widely mentioned he did a full 2 hour set, well it seems he wasn’t on for all that time. About four outfit changes, a solo from his backing singer and more background stuff cut his actual time on stage down somewhat. 

I’m just passing on info, I wasn’t there. I’m there tonight and have someone at the other two concerts afterwards and I hope to read lots of opinions on here.

I managed to get 2 tickets for tonight for my Mrs and daughter in S19. They're a fair way from the stage but I'm sure they'll enjoy themselves. Not sure how the bus works from the P and R as the pick up point at the stadium appears to be in the car park beside the KFC rather than on Winterstoke Rd as they do on matchdays. Can anyone confirm this?

Personally, I've got tickets for Muse, which is much more to my taste but can understand why people want to see Take That, they put on a great spectacle by all accounts.

Saw big Jess and the Spice Girls last night in Cardiff as couldn't get tickets for AG. Jess Glyne very good vocally, Spice Girls not so much but it was raining tbf (surprisingly for Wales)! The show for the main act was pretty incredible though I'm new to stadium concerts but the effort that has gone into it was mind blowing I think it will go down very well at the Gate with the Spice fans.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I managed to get 2 tickets for tonight for my Mrs and daughter in S19. They're a fair way from the stage but I'm sure they'll enjoy themselves. Not sure how the bus works from the P and R as the pick up point at the stadium appears to be in the car park beside the KFC rather than on Winterstoke Rd as they do on matchdays. Can anyone confirm this?

Personally, I've got tickets for Muse, which is much more to my taste but can understand why people want to see Take That, they put on a great spectacle by all accounts.

@Ska Junkie

Lots of information here https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/concerts/travel/

6 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Saw big Jess and the Spice Girls last night in Cardiff as couldn't get tickets for AG. Jess Glyne very good vocally, Spice Girls not so much but it was raining tbf (surprisingly for Wales)! The show for the main act was pretty incredible though I'm new to stadium concerts but the effort that has gone into it was mind blowing I think it will go down very well at the Gate with the Spice fans.

Lots of reports in media about poor sound ( again) and fans seeking refunds. See thread in non football 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/201426-one-for-robbored-girl-power-aint-enough/

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just taken a look at this as my Mrs is going with her mates , one of her mates hubbys is picking them afterwards at the drop/collect point. Seeing its at Sainsburys i got a feeling he will struggle to get there particularly with Winterstoke Rd closed. He doesn't know Bristol as he is from Hereford and he will be relying on SatNav to get to collection point , coming in from Wales i am pretty sure it will try to send you in from AG end. Will have to get a message to him to go through the City , looks like he will learn Bristol ...

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Lots of reports in media about poor sound ( again) and fans seeking refunds. See thread in non football 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/201426-one-for-robbored-girl-power-aint-enough/

Few of my Taff mates went to Cardiff last night. Said it was brilliant. They did complain about the sound quality and stadium roof not being closed but overall said it was amazing.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Just taken a look at this as my Mrs is going with her mates , one of her mates hubbys is picking them afterwards at the drop/collect point. Seeing its at Sainsburys i got a feeling he will struggle to get there particularly with Winterstoke Rd closed. He doesn't know Bristol as he is from Hereford and he will be relying on SatNav to get to collection point , coming in from Wales i am pretty sure it will try to send you in from AG end. Will have to get a message to him to go through the City , looks like he will learn Bristol ...

@Turbored

This would be my suggested route

image.png

THERE IS A LINK ON HERE TO SEND ROUTE TO A PHONE

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Further update from MrRedM’s workmates who saw Rod Stewart. It has been widely mentioned he did a full 2 hour set, well it seems he wasn’t on for all that time. About four outfit changes, a solo from his backing singer and more background stuff cut his actual time on stage down somewhat. 

I’m just passing on info, I wasn’t there. I’m there tonight and have someone at the other two concerts afterwards and I hope to read lots of opinions on here.

Only off stage and not performing for 10 minutes max and show was about two and a quarter hours so not bad for a 74 year old!

Going to TT today.

My Mrs is partially sighted and has a blue badge, we want to get back to Swindon ASAP afterwards.

With a blue badge we can park in any residents car parking zone. I am thinking by Baltic Wharf on Cumberland Road probably be the quickest. Can anybody think of anywhere better?

5 minutes ago, boatman said:

Going to TT today.

My Mrs is partially sighted and has a blue badge, we want to get back to Swindon ASAP afterwards.

With a blue badge we can park in any residents car parking zone. I am thinking by Baltic Wharf on Cumberland Road probably be the quickest. Can anybody think of anywhere better?

Yep, move to Bristol. :)

In all seriousness, Cumberland road is probably your best bet Boatman, the area around the stadium will be rammed.

Archived