IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yep, move to Bristol. :)

In all seriousness, Cumberland road is probably your best bet Boatman, the area around the stadium will be rammed.

I would agree , roads will be packed, Cumberland Rd area is a good place and a nice stroll in. 

I am working this tonight , on duty from 4pm so feel free to ask anything else !

have a great night and don’t forget the warm up act is rick astley !!??

7 minutes ago, boatman said:

Going to TT today.

My Mrs is partially sighted and has a blue badge, we want to get back to Swindon ASAP afterwards.

With a blue badge we can park in any residents car parking zone. I am thinking by Baltic Wharf on Cumberland Road probably be the quickest. Can anybody think of anywhere better?

I would park right down the end of coronation road as close to the bonded warehouse/safestore as possible and then walk across the park. Make sure you are pointing in the right direction to go down Jessops underpass and then up and out onto the Portway for a quick exit after the concert.

Going to the Muse gig next week but not even going to attempt driving anywhere near the stadium. Intending to park in the centre and walk along the harbour as I did a few times last season. Doesn't take that long to be fair.

• Admin
59 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I would agree , roads will be packed, Cumberland Rd area is a good place and a nice stroll in. 

I am working this tonight , on duty from 4pm so feel free to ask anything else !

have a great night and don’t forget the warm up act is rick astley !!??

I imagine for a change, there were many people offering to do overtime at Ashton Gate tonight @JulieH ? :sub:

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would you queue then and not just get a ticket, go off and come back later..?

It’s not a ticket to get into Wimbledon it’s a queue ticket with a number on, it allows you to go to the loo or get a drink and then get back in the queue in the same place? when you get to the queue at say 6am it doesn’t move until 10am, you could go off for four hours I guess but that’s not very British!

3 hours ago, REDLEE said:

Going to the Muse gig next week but not even going to attempt driving anywhere near the stadium. Intending to park in the centre and walk along the harbour as I did a few times last season. Doesn't take that long to be fair.

I'm gutted to be missing the Muse... got any spare tickets?!!? 

1 hour ago, sm2webb said:

Anybody know if you can enter the site via Raynes Road, or do you have to go around to KFC?

I'm pretty sure I've read something along the lines of "there will be no acess to the public right of way between Raynes Road and Winterstoke Road" so no, I am sure you can't. There are 3 gates, and these are positioned at Winterstoke Road, Williams / Atyeo and Dolman / Atyeo entrances (Edit: Obviously)

Personally I wouldn't go to see Take That or the Spice middle aged Ladies if they were playing in the weepywall garden but it is fantastic to see these shows coming to Ashton Gate and what a great advert for the stadium, almost feels me with a sense of pride that "our home" is able to stage these huge concerts and really puts AG on the summer circuit for the biggest bands in the world hopefully.

44 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Personally I wouldn't go to see Take That or the Spice middle aged Ladies if they were playing in the weepywall garden but it is fantastic to see these shows coming to Ashton Gate and what a great advert for the stadium, almost feels me with a sense of pride that "our home" is able to stage these huge concerts and really puts AG on the summer circuit for the biggest bands in the world hopefully.

Went to the Sister in Laws when Rod Stewart was on, you could hear him from her garden. Tonight I turned down another diner invite and let my MRs go on her own, I prefer to stay home and watch old episodes of the walking dead.

Was due to pick the good lady up tonight but rings me at work to say she is staying with friends in Southville ?, then rings me to tell me how great Ashton Gate looks & she will have to start coming to watch the football with me ?

Just got back & have poured my first beer ?

Archived