IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

Anybody got any advise on getting tickets as I tried to get a pair of tickets for Take That and The Spice Girls for my Wife and Daughter but no joy.

Unfortunately would have been able to get tickets for Muse for myself but I am on holiday.

It was a great idea by the club to give season ticket holders priority for Muse but this was not the same for the other concerts.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m pretty sure that security etc will be reviewing last nights concert and think how they can improve things. My message to them is that they have done a great job and they aren’t too far away from excellence. Well done all. 

Does this mean that your plot to kidnap Gary Barlow failed RedM?

6 minutes ago, bakes said:

I am working at Glastonbury this year for WaterAid the company I work for have given me 4 days paid leave. Free entry and 4 six hour shifts over the 5 days, really looking forward to it.

The festival is much,much bigger these days than 30+years ago. I haven’t attended since. 

I do remember some very amusing ‘encounters’ showing up at the aid station I was in............:rofl2br:

24 minutes ago, bakes said:

Anybody got any advise on getting tickets as I tried to get a pair of tickets for Take That and The Spice Girls for my Wife and Daughter but no joy.

Unfortunately would have been able to get tickets for Muse for myself but I am on holiday.

It was a great idea by the club to give season ticket holders priority for Muse but this was not the same for the other concerts.

I’m pretty sure it was

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Does this mean that your plot to kidnap Gary Barlow failed RedM?

Funny thing is none of Take That have ever done anything for me, not even Robbie in this prime. I think that’s why they really have passed me by on the whole as it wasn’t until their last tour I jumped on the bandwagon. This was partly due to @Dollymariefangirling over them so much and I genuinely wanted to see what the fuss was about and partly due to someone I know previously being involved with another tour. They had a Hot Air Balloon on stage each night as as a qualified pilot he was responsible for it and toured with them for a couple of months or more. 

But I was very impressed and am hooked now, for multimillionaires they seem genuine blokes and put on a great show. Not many can last 30 years even with a split or two and some downtime. Did they let it slip last night that they are only doing another 10 years? But no, talented as he is GB is not for me.

32 minutes ago, bakes said:

I am working at Glastonbury this year for WaterAid the company I work for have given me 4 days paid leave. Free entry and 4 six hour shifts over the 5 days, really looking forward to it.

27 minutes ago, bakes said:

Get WaterAid to set up a booth?

33 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I will make sure this is fed back to the relevant people 

from our point of view really good night, no policing issues aside from some minor parking advice needed to be given at the end but overall a very pleasant shift !

Stewarding was the most friendly and helpful that I've experienced at a concert - gold stars all round. 

39 minutes ago, bakes said:

There is no real trick to getting tickets, pretty much pot luck. Often when buying tickets at a venue you aren’t familiar with it is confusing with all the different seat prices and seating levels, my advice would be to decide if you want to sit or stand first and go from there. Often venues are quite sneaky about prices and only say for example from £60-£180 on the pre release stuff, it’s not until you have added seats into your basket that you think would suit you that you realise they are way out of your budget and waste time looking for ones that are. Taylor Swift was supposed to have £60 tickets at the Etihad for example and despite trying to buy the second the tickets were released there weren’t any available, i’m guessing there were only very few but looks good on the adverts ‘tickets from £60’. I only found tickets north of £100 so didn’t bother.

certain ticket resell sites are quite good if you only want the odd one or two tickets, but be careful who you buy from. 

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The festival is much,much bigger these days than 30+years ago. I haven’t attended since. 

I do remember some very amusing ‘encounters’ showing up at the aid station I was in............:rofl2br:

Now I know where I recognise you from!

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

There is no real trick to getting tickets, pretty much pot luck. Often when buying tickets at a venue you aren’t familiar with it is confusing with all the different seat prices and seating levels, my advice would be to decide if you want to sit or stand first and go from there. Often venues are quite sneaky about prices and only say for example from £60-£180 on the pre release stuff, it’s not until you have added seats into your basket that you think would suit you that you realise they are way out of your budget and waste time looking for ones that are. Taylor Swift was supposed to have £60 tickets at the Etihad for example and despite trying to buy the second the tickets were released there weren’t any available, i’m guessing there were only very few but looks good on the adverts ‘tickets from £60’. I only found tickets north of £100 so didn’t bother.

certain ticket resell sites are quite good if you only want the odd one or two tickets, but be careful who you buy from. 

Thanks RedM what websites would you recommend to buy from?

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Looks like you’re get eyed up in the top photo .  :yes:

People were shouting all sorts at Mark Owen ( in the white ) to try and get him to laugh, in the end he cracked ?...we did it Bristol!

A0203354-D5B5-491B-8985-9DF0BDBF7F37.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

People were shouting all sorts at Mark Owen ( in the white ) to try and get him to laugh, in the end he cracked ?...we did it Bristol!

A0203354-D5B5-491B-8985-9DF0BDBF7F37.jpeg

I hope ,when they came on, they didn't shout  "Hello BRISTOL!"

If they did ,I trust you all shouted back  ......... " ahem ,hello Bristol CITY , actually !"      :cool:

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well that's made my summer.

(Is he known for not laughing?)

I don’t know, it was a serious moment in the song, Gary was doing his bit and the other two were just meant to be serious I think. Some of the suggestions shouted at him would make any one blush, and I thought I had heard it all at Ashton Gate ?

• Admin

Growing up, I always thought Take That was essentially, Robbie was the entertainer, Gary was the song writer and singer, and was never quite sure what the other three did

Their last tour from what I saw was all gimics and distractions, where as last night was a bit more back to basics and relying on light shows.

Have to say all the feedback I have read is 99% positive on last night, not just on the act, but the ground, the set up, getting in and out from the ground

The daft thing is the only bad comments have been a number of women who have come up and told me about the running out of pies - apparently as I am a season ticket holder I can sort this out !

Will be interesting to hear the reports back from the next two

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I hope ,when they came on, they didn't shout  "Hello BRISTOL!"

If they did ,I trust you all shouted back  ......... " ahem ,hello Bristol CITY , actually !"      :cool:

I wanted them to say Hello Ashton Gate, but no plenty of references to Bristol and calling us the Wild West etc. All good fun. I don’t think they would have been here for 30 years so they did look like they enjoyed themselves.

1 hour ago, bakes said:

Spice Girls tickets still available from Ticketmaster £136 each tho, I think these were an extra release. Plenty on twickets for a bit less but you'll pay 10% fee on top

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Hi RedM

The 'sip' test is now a standard part of many search patterns. It's to avoid anyone bringing in toxic fluids such as acid, or anything flammable.

(it's not to stop you sneaking in a cheeky vodka!)

It is routinely carried out in courts for visitors and even members of the jury.

Glad it all went off well

I knew there was somewhere I’d done the sip test thing, you’ve just reminded me where it was! :ph34r:

My only gripe was afterwards, I had my semi-disabled mum with me, we were walking back in the direction of Sainsbury’s and when we came out, I could see all the buses parked on the KFC side of Winterstoke, plus people queuing, so I said to my mum, let’s go and get over on the Ford Garage side of the road and walk up, cos it’ll be less busy, but they’d put railings all down the side of the road so we couldn’t cross over, they had stewards stopping people from crossing between the other waiting buses. Made for a bit of a squash because although the stewards were just doing their job, people should be able to use their own common sense and cross the road where they see fit. 

2 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Spice Girls tickets still available from Ticketmaster £136 each tho, I think these were an extra release. Plenty on twickets for a bit less but you'll pay 10% fee on top

Twickets, that’s the site my daughter has used @bakes

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I knew there was somewhere I’d done the sip test thing, you’ve just reminded me where it was! :ph34r:

My only gripe was afterwards, I had my semi-disabled mum with me, we were walking back in the direction of Sainsbury’s and when we came out, I could see all the buses parked on the KFC side of Winterstoke, plus people queuing, so I said to my mum, let’s go and get over on the Ford Garage side of the road and walk up, cos it’ll be less busy, but they’d put railings all down the side of the road so we couldn’t cross over, they had stewards stopping people from crossing between the other waiting buses. Made for a bit of a squash because although the stewards were just doing their job, people should be able to use their own common sense and cross the road where they see fit. 

Was that to stop people pulling in and picking up people or was the road closed anyway?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

No, the road was closed, it was purely to stop people crossing over between the buses. 

Which by the sound of things wasn't resolved anyway.

Delays to the buses leaving were attributed to not being able to move due to the number of people walking in the roads

58 minutes ago, bakes said:

Thanks RedM what websites would you recommend to buy from?

Plenty of Take That tickets left for Cardiff on Ticketmaster on 8th June if you fancy a trip over the border! The key thing to remember no matter how much they tell you a concert is sold out in reality they are rarely sold out and loads of tickets become magically available nearer the start of the concert date. Its just fake marketing to increase demand mainly by Ticketmaster/promoters.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

TicketDisaster refused to sell me tickets for the 2008 play-off final as I had no British post code 

That's bad....At least you're talking about football though. Should this thread not be moved?

Archived