IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

Twickets, that’s the site my daughter has used @bakes

If every band signed up to Twickets it would be a great thing to get actual fans to gigs at reasonable prices - as the touts wouldn't be able to sell elsewhere. With Twickets you can only resale your ticket at face value or below (plus postage), I have used them to get tickets for a couple of gigs over the last couple of years.

Fairplay to the organisers of these gigs as it seems they have got nearly everything spot on.

Any idea what the club make from these gigs? Is it percentage of everything or just the bars/food etc? Just curious more than anything tbh.

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Fairplay to the organisers of these gigs as it seems they have got nearly everything spot on.

Any idea what the club make from these gigs? Is it percentage of everything or just the bars/food etc? Just curious more than anything tbh.

We kept the profit on every pie sold after 6pm, apparently. :noexp:

20 minutes ago, wood_red said:

If every band signed up to Twickets it would be a great thing to get actual fans to gigs at reasonable prices - as the touts wouldn't be able to sell elsewhere. With Twickets you can only resale your ticket at face value or below (plus postage), I have used them to get tickets for a couple of gigs over the last couple of years.

Twickets still charge the buyer 10% though they are still making a lot of money on it (some bands promoters/managers actually own shares!) for doing relatively very little and if anything goes wrong they will just redirect you to paypal. I think they may well disappear soon as Ticketmaster and AXS have copied their model of reselling as they feared they were missing out on a slice of the pie. 

Vibe tickets is the best run site as they really are doing it for the fans and they don't charge anything but they just can't seem to get the publicity to get people to put tickets on their site!

6 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Twickets still charge the buyer 10% though they are still making a lot of money on it (some bands promoters/managers actually own shares!) for doing relatively very little and if anything goes wrong they will just redirect you to paypal. I think they may well disappear soon as Ticketmaster and AXS have copied their model of reselling as they feared they were missing out on a slice of the pie. 

Vibe tickets is the best run site as they really are doing it for the fans and they don't charge anything but they just can't seem to get the publicity to get people to put tickets on their site!

Apologies, didn't realise they charged 10%. Even still I honestly don't have any issue with paying that on top of face value and doubt many others would as the site will still have running costs etc.

The resale sites that are basically thieving from genuine fans just disgust me. I have watched many music gigs and comedy over the years and think the only one I paid a fair bit over for was Prodigy (in Wolverhampton about 18 months ago). I also remember trying to get my mates tickets for the Stone Roses and before they were even on sale/released through Ticketmaster - Ticketmaster were already advertising thousands at £300+...

Always worth giving ticketswap a go - I believe it's only for e tickets rather than physical tickets (not sure whether the gigs at AG are e ticketed or physical) but it seems pretty safe and fair.

I've bought and sold tickets on there for face value before.

Standing Spice Girls tickets are on there for £86, cheapest sitting down is £65.

Muse is £85 - £10 more than the face value apparently - which includes a fee for the website. And insurance if it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Which by the sound of things wasn't resolved anyway.

Delays to the buses leaving were attributed to not being able to move due to the number of people walking in the roads

I was just trying to cross so we could walk on the other side on the pavement, honest! 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I wanted them to say Hello Ashton Gate, but no plenty of references to Bristol and calling us the Wild West etc. All good fun. I don’t think they would have been here for 30 years so they did look like they enjoyed themselves.

I took my daughter to see them in Yate ,early 90's !

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why can't Ashton Gate be used for other venues like promotion of new car models or new combine harvester models. A Greta Thunberg festival? UK:s biggest gardening festival?

Why very tired ex artists lovering the possible income for the club?     

It's used for loads of things Tommy.  I know somebody who went there for a "work in the US" event one weekend last summer.

We finally have that off field income stream that Scott Davidson stated as an aim to putting us on an upwards trajectory and put us on the road to back in ?1996 when he brought in Steve Lansdown as FD.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's used for loads of things Tommy.  I know somebody who went there for a "work in the US" event one weekend last summer.

We finally have that off field income stream that Scott Davidson stated as an aim to putting us on an upwards trajectory and put us on the road to back in ?1996 when he brought in Steve Lansdown as FD.

A lot can be done in this area focusing on the youth and upcoming people. Who give a shit about Rod Stewart and Spice Girls in that generation? Not  a single one.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A lot can be done in this area focusing on the youth and upcoming people. Who give a shit about Rod Stewart and Spice Girls in that generation? Not  a single one.

I think plenty of people judging by ticket sales!

Ashton Gate IS used nearly everyday of the week and evenings too. Anything from weddings to funeral wakes, speed awareness courses are a regular occurance, first aid, meetings, ComCon, presentations and exams. Anything really. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I wanted them to say Hello Ashton Gate, but no plenty of references to Bristol and calling us the Wild West etc. All good fun. I don’t think they would have been here for 30 years so they did look like they enjoyed themselves.

I am certain that they played at the Balloon Fiesta around 1993/94 when they were pretty well known with a few hits under their belts, but probably before they became "mega".  In an interview with Claire Kavanagh on Radio Bristol GB mentioned he was sure they had played the Coston Hall in the early to mid 90s.  I remember Robbie played the CH when he was pretty much at the top of his game as a solo artist in May or June 1998, think this was a warm up gig prior to him playing Glastonbury that year.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

It was mentioned on the same show (not in the GB interview) that they played Spirals in Yate early 90s so presumably it was that gig, I think they managed to track down the guy who introduced them!

12 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

One piece of advice I can give. Dont arrange to be picked up, or get a taxi from Sainsburys car park. Absolute gridlock  with stewards stood around doing nothing to help the flow. Sat in a jam for literally 40 minutes without moving last night.

I suppose it depends on your route home but I picked up my mrs and her sister from the Aldi car park behind the Tobacco Factory and it had a few cars parked up but literally dozens of car parking spots free. No problems with traffic from Raleigh Road to Coronation Road. and it wasn't moving too slowly from there.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

One piece of advice I can give. Dont arrange to be picked up, or get a taxi from Sainsburys car park. Absolute gridlock  with stewards stood around doing nothing to help the flow. Sat in a jam for literally 40 minutes without moving last night.

Picked up my better half and daughter from sainsburys. Didn't have any issues getting out really. Bit of waiting in car park, but then I made sure I parked near the exit. Thought roads out was relatively clear too, having to take the back roads back to weston. 

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I would avoid Viagogo as they re-sell tickets at highly inflated prices and I have been sold fake tickets by them too

They must be the worst site out there. They have been reported for adding charges that are not even visible when you book and make payment. Avoid them literally at all costs.

• Admin
2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

On the flip side.. my sister pre booked a taxi with three friends, had no problem getting away from the ground 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Definitely Spirals, I would say 91.

I remember that. I was at King Eddies at the time and Monday night was youth night at Spirals. Loads of people hanging round outside the school gates handing out flyers for free entry to see the ‘that’ - either 90 or 91

Still didn’t go. Every chance Ronnie Butler would have taken offence to my shoes on the door

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Here's my Take That claim to fame. Back in the early 90s, when I was very nearly almost famous for playing a stupid Norman soldier on the kids show Maid Marian and her Merry Men, some of the cast did a guest appearance on a TV show called Hangar 17, which was a sort of variety show for kids. As I recall, we were in a showbiz quiz against a team from East Enders. Other guests on the show were Take That. I'd never heard of them, but my 13 year old niece begged me to get their autographs. They were in the dressing room over the corridor and only too happy to oblige. Nice lads. There was something about the reaction they got in the studio that day that made me think they might do well for a year or two ?

Archived