IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

2 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Here's my Take That claim to fame. Back in the early 90s, when I was very nearly almost famous for playing a stupid Norman soldier on the kids show Maid Marian and her Merry Men, some of the cast did a guest appearance on a TV show called Hangar 17, which was a sort of variety show for kids. As I recall, we were in a showbiz quiz against a team from East Enders. Other guests on the show were Take That. I'd never heard of them, but my 13 year old niece begged me to get their autographs. They were in the dressing room over the corridor and only too happy to oblige. Nice lads. There was something about the reaction they got in the studio that day that made me think they might do well for a year or two ?

They were no Little Ron.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They were no Little Ron.

or Rabies !

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I remember that. I was at King Eddies at the time and Monday night was youth night at Spirals. Loads of people hanging round outside the school gates handing out flyers for free entry to see the ‘that’ - either 90 or 91

Still didn’t go. Every chance Ronnie Butler would have taken offence to my shoes on the door

Ronnie Butler, now there's a blast from the past !

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I was at the show and just thought what a great all round venue the Gate has become

Huge thanks to Steve Lansdown for his vision and financial support here

I agree went myself to one gig and spoke to loads in our office who went to the Gate for the first time, they thought it was brilliant as a venue both in and outside the ground ....

1 hour ago, Dave L said:

Here's my Take That claim to fame. Back in the early 90s, when I was very nearly almost famous for playing a stupid Norman soldier on the kids show Maid Marian and her Merry Men, some of the cast did a guest appearance on a TV show called Hangar 17, which was a sort of variety show for kids. As I recall, we were in a showbiz quiz against a team from East Enders. Other guests on the show were Take That. I'd never heard of them, but my 13 year old niece begged me to get their autographs. They were in the dressing room over the corridor and only too happy to oblige. Nice lads. There was something about the reaction they got in the studio that day that made me think they might do well for a year or two ?

Oh god that brings back memories. Is it wrong I still know all the words to Robbies “rap” in the middle? :D 

Also, I meant to post this from last night. Everyone’s holding up their phone torches during a song. Check out the two people behind on their balconies, also doing the same. :rofl2br:

FC80D107-5839-412B-9B2A-BEFF0743E9D0.jpeg

C956A33D-B4F5-4088-AAB2-37A11761169D.png

Read all these posts, seen all these pictures and I can't help but think... 

Section82 are going to have to raise their game next season.

Entry to the south stand via a cardboard cutout space invader, with them then miming along to terrace chants from the 70s should do it.

5 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why can't Ashton Gate be used for other venues like promotion of new car models or new combine harvester models. A Greta Thunberg festival? UK:s biggest gardening festival?

Why very tired ex artists lovering the possible income for the club?     

Tattoo fest this weekend ?

5 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

One piece of advice I can give. Dont arrange to be picked up, or get a taxi from Sainsburys car park. Absolute gridlock  with stewards stood around doing nothing to help the flow. Sat in a jam for literally 40 minutes without moving last night.

Schoolboy error! With your inside knowledge Horse you should have arranged to be picked up the other side of the railway arch in Ashton Vale.

Sainsbury's is the designated taxi pickup point, hundreds of them.

25 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Schoolboy error! With your inside knowledge Horse you should have arranged to be picked up the other side of the railway arch in Ashton Vale.

We bussed it down and got a lift back so never made the arrangements, but even so , sounded like a plan. The clever thing to do would be to be collected on the approach to Sainsburys, opposite the garage, and then round the little roundabout, and back.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh god that brings back memories. Is it wrong I still know all the words to Robbies “rap” in the middle? :D 

Also, I meant to post this from last night. Everyone’s holding up their phone torches during a song. Check out the two people behind on their balconies, also doing the same. :rofl2br:

FC80D107-5839-412B-9B2A-BEFF0743E9D0.jpeg

C956A33D-B4F5-4088-AAB2-37A11761169D.png

I guess that was Del Boy and Rodney up there? ?

11 hours ago, myol'man said:

My advice is arrange pick up via Ashton court estate area/ bedminster cricket club side. Road to motorway via failland  clear and no Jams or road closures that side . 

Sainsburys is very very busy 

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

would be good to have photos of a city game made with it

Never tried it with a football stadium but my son has done similar stuff usingHot Air Balloon photos before. Think he has done it using his PC and stitched the images together and it makes some weird photographs. I will get him to look at the app.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Never tried it with a football stadium but my son has done similar stuff usingHot Air Balloon photos before. Think he has done it using his PC and stitched the images together and it makes some weird photographs. I will get him to look at the app.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiny+planet+photography&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG2M2J68LiAhWOSxUIHTxODAQQ_AUIDigB&biw=2034&bih=1304

Some interesting images 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've done some similar stuff. I'm guessing it was a panorama taken from the Lansdown stand, as you only see the stage, Dolman and part of the south stand.

Best way to do it would be take a complete 360 photo from the centre spot.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That’s exactly the type of image my son has done, was a couple of years ago now and now there’s an app no doubt he will have a go again. 

Archived