IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have you started writing your letter of complaint yet?

It's your duty as a local resident.

Depends if you are one of the locals who got free tickets I guess. Ashton Road only though I think?

16 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

This thread has nothing to do with football and should be removed

I would agree to move it if it wasn’t the close season,  when the most exciting thing to happen yet has been an ex player signing for the Gas, but as it’s full of useful information, tips and advice for those going to the concerts in our home it should stay where most visible.

Maybe if we suddenly announce a signing or three, or have real kit news and it gets busy it will be moved, until then it stays. The title of the thread is very clear, if you aren’t interested in concerts at the Gate please feel free to start a discussion of your own.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would agree to move it if it wasn’t the close season,  when the most exciting thing to happen yet has been an ex player signing for the Gas, but as it’s full of useful information, tips and advice for those going to the concerts in our home it should stay where most visible.

Maybe if we suddenly announce a signing or three, or have real kit news and it gets busy it will be moved, until then it stays. The title of the thread is very clear, if you aren’t interested in concerts at the Gate please feel free to start a discussion of your own.

I'm interested in concerts at the gate but only for economical resasons. The rest can be discussed on other forums.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes, the ones in the concourse certainly do. Some of the others will, some possibly not.

Thank you. I know the club’s own bars will take card payments. Just wondering if the outside caterers that have been drafted in will have the facilities to do so too

40 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Thank you. I know the club’s own bars will take card payments. Just wondering if the outside caterers that have been drafted in will have the facilities to do so too

I’d be very surprised if any outlets these days didn’t have card payment facilities. 

The extra bars brought in for the World Cup last summer took cards. 

1 hour ago, jambodinho said:

Does anybody know if the food and drink outlets in the stadium take card transactions? It’s probably been mentioned in here somewhere but can’t be arsed to look through 10 pages of it. 

Yes they do, or they did last week anyway. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm interested in concerts at the gate but only for economical resasons. The rest can be discussed on other forums.

It’s a good job this thread is clearly labelled and you can easily avoid it then.

As with every Summer in OTIB’s existence, we operate a less strict policy over the close season and events actually taking place at our stadium have an appeal to many forum users as shown by the 10 pages of posts within this topic.

I was sent some photos five minutes before the start, loads of empty seats but masses of people on the pitch. I think this is the only concert not sold out, at least hospitality wasn’t when I heard last. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was sent some photos five minutes before the start, loads of empty seats but masses of people on the pitch. I think this is the only concert not sold out, at least hospitality wasn’t when I heard last. 

It's only Take That and Sprice Girls who are sell outs. Rod only had about 20k, and I think Muse have a similar crowd. Pretty decent sound, but a bit too prog rock so far for my liking (I'm just round the corner). They are only on their second or third song and bloody hell, they do go on a bit :)

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Off topic a bit, but Sophie Ellis Bexter at St Georges in front of 500 people was an amazing show ?

That was a brilliant show tonight, great concept of having an orchestra for the first half of the gig and then adding the band and having a good rock out/disco frenzy.  I thought that was pretty much a perfect show.  We were on the left balcony in the 2nd row, overlooking, but just in front of the stage.  Where were you?

Archived