IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

20 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

That was just sensational. I’m yet to see a better live band. And to see it at my bloody football club...made me a bit emotional to be honest! 

Just a shame we didn’t get Rammstein... roll on july. 

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's only Take That and Sprice Girls who are sell outs. Rod only had about 20k, and I think Muse have a similar crowd. Pretty decent sound, but a bit too prog rock so far for my liking (I'm just round the corner). They are only on their second or third song and bloody hell, they do go on a bit :)

**** all wrong with prog rock, mate.

That looked fabulous from the photos and comments so far, really happy for our club. I’m yet to hear from the two I know who were there ( one standing one seated) as an early start today meant I was in bed before the gig had finished. 

8 hours ago, Selred said:

Bloody fantastic concert!!! Insane!

Never been to an open air concert that loud, where could everyone hear it from?

Photos look great. Gutted I had to miss this but I was back home from football at around 8:45. I live just up by South Liberty Lane and luckily, my living room overlooks the gate so I opened the windows, put my feet up and enjoyed the music from afar. 

Certainly cranked it up an extra few notches for Knights of Cydonia - sounded incredible, as did the crowd!

What a performance. They put so much into their shows and it really is an unreal spectacle. Sounded perfect too. Shame they couldn’t have squeezed resistance, feeling good or invincible in but they’ve got so many songs to choose from now. As somebody else said, seeing your favourite band in Ashton Gate made it even more special and a night I’ll never forget. 

Another amazing show from Muse. Made even better that it was at our stadium.

That alien! ?

Tom Morello was excellent as well but what is it about musicians that they want to shove their political opinions down your throat so much?

Just shut up and play your guitar mate!

2 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

That alien! ?

Tom Morello was excellent as well but what is it about musicians that they want to shove their political opinions down your throat so much?

What Tom Morello known political activist and former member of anti authority political band Rage Against The Machine talking politics?! Whatever next! ? 

8 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

That alien! ?

Tom Morello turning over his guitar to reveal a message for Nigel Farage got the loudest cheer of his whole set ?

18 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm interested in concerts at the gate but only for economical resasons. The rest can be discussed on other forums.

It would be interesting to know how much the club / Bristol Sport make from these events. Probably already mentioned in these pages but the total revenue from a concert must be quite significant. Be good to know how it is split between the band / promoter and the venue. And how much Bristol City benefit of course!

7 minutes ago, !james said:

What Tom Morello known political activist and former member of anti authority political band Rage Against The Machine talking politics?! Whatever next! ? 

Yeh i know that but musicians in general.

No one's there for a political agenda, just to listen to some quality music!

9 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

That was a brilliant show tonight, great concept of having an orchestra for the first half of the gig and then adding the band and having a good rock out/disco frenzy.  I thought that was pretty much a perfect show.  We were on the left balcony in the 2nd row, overlooking, but just in front of the stage.  Where were you?

Row 11 in the stalls mate, just below the balcony encore ?

12 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

I quite like a band with a strong political message - and I was there last night. So not everyone shares your view.

I never said they did? 

You're more than entitled to your opinion, the same as i am. Neither of us are right or wrong.

But i'd imagine 99% of the people that were there last night went for the music not because of certain musicians political opinions!

3 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I never said they did? 

You're more than entitled to your opinion, the same as i am. Neither of us are right or wrong.

But i'd imagine 99% of the people that were there last night went for the music not because of certain musicians political opinions!

Well you did and you’ve pretty much repeated it in this post but anyway was a great gig so let’s not fall out ?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I never said they did? 

Yet another reason why Glastonbury has got worse recently !

Would say Rod was a nice gentle way to start these concerts, the last two seem to have been great shows and am sure the old birds singing next week will bring a great show

The question is now, the bar has been set - how do "we" get to the same level or raise it in 2020?

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would say Rod was a nice gentle way to start these concerts, the last two seem to have been great shows and am sure the old birds singing next week will bring a great show

The question is now, the bar has been set - how do "we" get to the same level or raise it in 2020?

Messi?

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yes it will be interesting to see who they go for next year.

Be interesting to hear who everyone who'd like to see?

Archived