IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yet another reason why Glastonbury has got worse recently !

Would say Rod was a nice gentle way to start these concerts, the last two seem to have been great shows and am sure the old birds singing next week will bring a great show

The question is now, the bar has been set - how do "we" get to the same level or raise it in 2020?

Would guess it depends who is on tour, and if the promoter considers Ashton Gate to be a suitable venue or not.

Geographically, it seems to tick a lot of boxes as there is little else in the South West to compete, and if the organisation is as good as people have said it is in terms of stewarding, transport etc, you would hope those who license these things will be encouraged.

7 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yes it will be interesting to see who they go for next year.

Be interesting to hear who everyone who'd like to see?

Springsteen has announced recently that he’ll tour in 2020.

Can’t wait for the Portway to be jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive...

5 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

yJBMg0uTMB5LamWWX98bIzw-qnO9NLT_Mzd_-mbtKp_s4fbf6BZIa0Pl9WbpNXNIYicJ_KPTi7P6TFuDtgyxtnap6WHOuFUHCSDI4stNoGvwdGss6qgqh5hj3IVJj8YGS1YByBcqrxheitxjG1oNs2hroEg8srLzplnwhb91m_3W0WLqi5YqnAL-7HvYNL1OO1OviJomj8PfI_q5q8by40jp8VWNVLuGfqzPuvN5rtANhoiE1gbZntCqy4T1D7KYSmd2EOG9NHjqz-sY0CfucTbxFj3-QBr231RqMkILdro2uXiCEiM0GgutujkPWRFYS8zpiv5E8tNJObzbLbw4E7LTkDxUivNNdg-_qQWEMOQ9wyVV73EPVmgB1Vj_VzUov2hRv5IpWbB_o4389gRIS3ZkfDXzzOaFRxRC4PDrg4wdHn2x8gRyFAgTYpQXMcQbD12Xfj0GZVNKAI-vw1WBBhQJh5k4GMlrDy1IO8ezyMC14RYHTO1_cHOmUsfWXcm3gxptOaChku2Q8ELLIzLLDekcvzMHJ92eHYM6J-oGcpONJnjGU6ucp8Is6N0TMAbn0-oZEWpyi5SF3dXynS3Y63VrDq1uYuZ5SjLr_vwKob7zAeY5PFUKMXY92MnbO4LMOUbmskdyEl23WbE8j9JeD1yRPWkY0dk=w1238-h928-no

Great gig, and was very impressed with the setup down at AG last night. Queues for drinks were very quick, and the sound quality was second to none.

You don’t see these words together very often.  

Perhaps the club should give Downsy a guitar to improve the clarity of his announcements?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Yet another reason why Glastonbury has got worse recently !

Would say Rod was a nice gentle way to start these concerts, the last two seem to have been great shows and am sure the old birds singing next week will bring a great show

The question is now, the bar has been set - how do "we" get to the same level or raise it in 2020?

We will be aiming to raise the bar, probably by applying for the next licence up which will see an increased capacity. 

I don’t think the revenue from these concerts will be as much as people imagine. We are very much showcasing our ground and the fact that we can hold events like this. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we had bent over backwards to get these acts in, gave them a good deal and will use these successes to attaract other artists, bigger crowds and more revenue in future years. 

Fair play though, we certainly didn’t start small!

Muse were excellent. From what I saw the Organisation of the event was great too. Queues weren’t huge for drinks, some toilets were backed up but that’s to be expected. 

Shame about the cost of a pint. But that’s down to the concert organizer I believe. 

All in all a great night. And traffic easy getting out back to Whitchurch. 

14 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Muse were excellent. From what I saw the Organisation of the event was great too. Queues weren’t huge for drinks, some toilets were backed up but that’s to be expected. 

Shame about the cost of a pint. But that’s down to the concert organizer I believe. 

Standard concert fare I suspect- I take it as red that any sporting event and concert even more so will have quite the markup.

Different but similar, I remember when I went to see England at Lords in a Test a few years ago, couldn't believe the price of some food!

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Standard concert fare I suspect- I take it as red that any sporting event and concert even more so will have quite the markup.

Different but similar, I remember when I went to see England at Lords in a Test a few years ago, couldn't believe the price of some food!

I think you are right. I didn’t think the prices at Take That (only concert I experienced at AG) were too bad compared with lots of other gigs I’ve been too. I guess they have the competition of local pubs and eating places too as the venue was in easy reach of these, and many would have ate and drank in Town too.

The worst prices are usually somewhere you go for a day thing and you pretty much have to eat something as you can’t bring food or drink in and you cannot leave to get food.  At least at AG we allowed water, most places don’t. 

Hyde Park a couple of years ago was eye wateringly expensive, London prices and an all day event,  a boiling hot day and hard work to eat, drink (water) and stay financially solvent!  Glastonbury over several days might seem bad but you can bring in food and drink if you want, and there are expensive and cheaper options to eat as it’s just so vast. I think the price of a pint is set at around £4.50 ( probably £5 this year) no matter where you buy it which is a good thing.

59 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Flush.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My point is that we should try to attract upcoming artists. Yes it can be difficult.

According to Google Muse was formed in 1994.

Why is that relevant? They’re still extremely popular and commercially successful and always attract a large crowd. 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My point is that we should try to attract upcoming artists. Yes it can be difficult.

According to Google Muse was formed in 1994.

Not many upcoming artists do stadium tours as they can’t fill them, many don’t even do arena tours. 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You need to find the at the breaking point.

A death/blind/brain dead person can appoint Muse.

You appoint them long tine before the performance

If I had any doubt before, I am now fairly certain you aren’t in the music promoter business.?

Archived