IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm only interested in revenue for the club and upcoming artist would be a true hit

So you'd book someone after one hit  and hope that by the time the concert came round they would be world beaters, rather than an established artist who can shift 30k tickets without a problem.

We (as in Bristol) aren't investing in the careers of these performers, just renting their promoter a venue for the day.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You need to find the gems on the rice and appoint them six months before everyone else does it

And by the time the concert comes (it’s not an overnight thing you realise) they are still unknown and ticket sales haven’t taken off you are going to look completely stupid to other promotors representing artists sat in an empty stadium. 

Success bring success, get the best to do the best and people will pay to watch. Not so different to football, except as @Bristol Robsays it is only for one night, maybe two, and they are gone.

i really do think you have been taking lessons from @Robbored

• Admin
4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A blind hen would appoint Greta Thunberg for next summer

I had to Google who this was, she is described as "Outspoken" - I see your attraction now

1 minute ago, RedM said:

i really do think you have been taking lessons from @Robbored

I'm starting to think our man over in Sweden is on leave from work this week?

5 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

It would be interesting to know how much the club / Bristol Sport make from these events. Probably already mentioned in these pages but the total revenue from a concert must be quite significant. Be good to know how it is split between the band / promoter and the venue. And how much Bristol City benefit of course!

Without claiming to know any of the figures my company has worked with BS and we have been advised that there is a significant profit for the club in holding these concerts. Expect it to continue.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I had to Google who this was, she is described as "Outspoken" - I see your attraction now

I'm starting to think our man over in Sweden is on leave from work this week?

She is 16 years old and is likely to get Nobel's Environmental Price later this year.

A Martin Luther King Jr.

She would attract masses of young people from all Europe to Ashton Gate next summer. We could well sell out a week.  

15 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You need to find the gems on the rice and appoint them six months before everyone else does it

That’s not how it works. If they’re relatively unknown they won’t come close to filling the stadium, and if they’re well known enough to do so then they’re way beyond ‘gems on the rise’.

It’s not a 500 seat venue. 

I’m more than happy that we stick to established artists that can fill - or approach filling - the ground 

I think what the Nordic Nutter may be getting at is that although successful, the current acts at the gate are for the 30-50+ age groups.

It would be good to see if we can attract the younger acts and subsequent crowds such as Little Mix, Bieber, Grande, Sheeran etc. Maybe not a lot of peoples cup of tea on here but it would be a huge attraction for the teens-20+ in the wider west country

This would really put us on the map and I have the feeling that 1 or 2 acts like that is what we may be aiming for next year

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I think what the Nordic Nutter may be getting at is that although successful, the current acts at the gate are for the 30-50+ age groups.

It would be good to see if we can attract the younger acts and subsequent crowds such as Little Mix, Bieber, Grande, Sheeran etc. Maybe not a lot of peoples cup of tea on here but it would be a huge attraction for the teens-20+ in the wider west country

This would really put us on the map and I have the feeling that 1 or 2 acts like that is what we may be aiming for next year

Yeah, lets attract a younger crowd, many of whom don't buy alcohol...but cares about the revenue of the club. hmmmmmmm

He has no point; no interest in music so shouldn't care what type of band is put on. I think he's saying its uninspiring, and anyone could book these artists... funny that it is Take That and Muse's first time in Bristol for years. 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We are the biggest venue in the South West. We have 4 of the biggest acts who’s touring this summer. 

We should be top of the list for bands/artists when they are planning their tours, not the other way around. We don’t need to get “gems”, we haven’t got competition. They can come to us.

We can get the biggest 4 acts touring next summer, especially after how well we have done this year with organising. 

There is not one thing I’d knock City for concert wise this summer. Good mix of bands, great set up. Very proud.

I think I know who we will be having next year. This is an absolute wild guess, the talk of a Billy Graham gave me a brainwave ( or as near to a brainwave as I get). What about....The Rolling Stones?

I’m not a fan, can’t think of much worse but they would be HUGE. I think they are touring now, or did they cancel as Sir Mick recently had heart surgery or something, I remember seeing it on the news a while back. It would be a return to the Gate too? 

Real question is, would I make a better music promotors than our Swedish friend? ?

And next year is Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary, there are going to be a lot of big names about this time next year. Michael Eavis has said recently he has always wanted Fleetwood Mac to headline but they go against the ethos of the festival and demand too much money, they have a strict budget apparently.

I guess if they are greedy they aren’t for us. Not a band for me either personally but the demand will almost certainly be there.

I’m getting good at this aren’t I ?

1 minute ago, just like watching brazil said:

Would liam or Noel Gallagher fill ag ?

Together they might, but that’s not likely to happen ?

One of them did the Downs last Sept, and one at Glasto this year. Not sure if it’s one and the same, or if it’s Liam or Noel. My Gallagher knowledge isn’t good. But to answer your question, no I wouldn’t think so.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Yeah, lets attract a younger crowd, many of whom don't buy alcohol...but cares about the revenue of the club. hmmmmmmm

Rest assured..... having taken my wife and three kids to Cardiff to see One Direction a few years ago, large, and I mean large amounts of money was spent.

Archived