IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

They’d never sell it out. 

I don’t mind Bastille, but when they play places like Plymouth Pavillions, it’s pretty easy to get tickets. Unless their new album rips them to a new level, or they piggyback on a stage for a bigger band on a different day, you have close to no hope.

Bands/Artists who could sell it out who are likely to tour stadiums in 2020 (some may be too big):

- Springsteen 

- Madonna

- Kasabian

- Kings of Leon

- Foo Fighters

- Killers

- Metallica 

- Ariana Grande

- Taylor Swift

Take your pick...

I agree. I have seen Bastille few times and they are at the Arena level or smaller, not a stadium band. I agree with your list. Would LOVE The Killers at Ashton Gate. 

Other than that I don’t know who is touring. Has Elton John done his farewell tour he was talking about ? Pet Shop boys are good too for that era. Chemical Brothers would be hugely popular. Little Mix for the kids too.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree. I have seen Bastille few times and they are at the Arena level or smaller, not a stadium band. I agree with your list. Would LOVE The Killers at Ashton Gate. 

Other than that I don’t know who is touring. Has Elton John done his farewell tour he was talking about ? Pet Shop boys are good too for that era. Chemical Brothers would be hugely popular. Little Mix for the kids too.

Pet Shop Boys live shows are amazing, they put real work into the show.

1 hour ago, TMWANG50 said:

Taylor Swift couldn't even sell out Wembley and Manchester as her ticket prices were too high, for the Manchester gigs they even altered the seating to make it look busier and handed out hundreds of free tickets in the lead up so I don't think she'll be back over here for a while!

She tends not to do festivals, so her only options are stadiums or the big Arenas. So our not huge stadium might be ideal for her, and I don’t think she is as popular as she was a couple of years ago. Her prices were on the high side, we tried and couldn’t get anything under £100 or so, despite £60 tickets advertised ( prob £75 by the time the hidden things are added). I’m not a great fan, but fancied going, but not at a high price. I think we went and saw Katy Perry instead in Brum, she could be another name we could attract.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Pet Shop Boys live shows are amazing, they put real work into the show.

Saw them last year after wanting too for years, at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden of all places. Went as much for the venue as them, but they were good and had an amazing light show. 

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Probably too big for us...

As is Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande. But they’re gash anyway 

I would agree, but you might be thinking of one night only gigs, now bands that sell out our sort of venues do two nights or three. That could be a possibility?

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

Saw them last year after wanting too for years, at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden of all places. Went as much for the venue as them, but they were good and had an amazing light show. 

Saw them at the 02 a couple of times and the amount, and quality, of the dancers stood out.  Set design pretty amazing too.

Jealous at the Royal Opera house gig though.  That is a seriously nice venue, walked past Bruce Willis outside whilst they were filming The Fifth Element.

Wishlist

- Phil Collins

- Foos

- Red Hot Chillis

- Fatboy Slim (30k people raving would be a moment)

- Black Sabbath/ELO/AC-DC

- S Club 7 (all of them, not the 3 that do it now)

- Lewis Capaldi

- Robbie Williams

- Comedy acts like Peter Kay/Russell Howard/Jimmy Carr etc

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Wishlist

- Phil Collins

- Foos

- Red Hot Chillis

- Fatboy Slim (30k people raving would be a moment)

- Black Sabbath/ELO/AC-DC

- S Club 7 (all of them, not the 3 that do it now)

- Lewis Capaldi

- Robbie Williams

- Comedy acts like Peter Kay/Russell Howard/Jimmy Carr etc

Just curious here, but how do you go from Sabbath to S-Club?

It's the sort of musical journey only @CyderInACan can take you on.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You're bonkers mate.

It's no wonder you lost that DJ gig to Ray Von and Spencer.

He’s bonkers? 

If I could hand pick a band it’s Avenged Sevenfold. Incredible musicians - especially Lead Guitar - and a bit like muse they buy in to you need to have the stage show to back it up. Support to Metallica rather than tour their own album as an apprenticeship - albeit the stage was 50:50 as a record 

Still not sure they -avenged -  would sell out AG - definitely wouldn’t if they did Cardiff or Brum the same.

For me, if they were touring or willing to do a one off - in a particular case - I’d be looking at Guns and Roses, Sabbath / or Ozzy; even slipknot as they should be touring their latest release next year to show AG can host a rock/metal concert. 

This year rammstein would have been the cherry I’m full convinced on that. Once you show you can host them, you have demonstrated you’re a VENUE

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s easily done. I’d happily go from Anthrax and Erasure to Metallica and 5ive. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s easily done. I’d happily go from Anthrax and Erasure to Metallica and 5ive. 

Christ, now he is on Jive Bunny with the repetition.

I hope you are going to bed soon.

That was a 20 minute remix.

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Paul Weller

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Paul Weller

Weller wouldn’t sell it out. The club/stadium have to look at this dispassionately - not who is good but who is popular (not always the same thing and especially not in music!)

To give a steer, Wellers playing Westonbirt this coming Friday. Going to that one - but there are still tickets available. The only way he’d come close to selling out or even getting close to at AG is if he brought Foxton and Buckler with him.

20 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Paul Weller

Paul Weller, who didn’t attract a sell out at The Downs festival, along with Noel Gallagher & his HFB..?

Weller is class, obviously, but he’d not sell 34,000 tickets for a stadium gig these days. He tends to play smaller venues and festival line ups. 

On 08/06/2019 at 07:46, Silvio Dante said:

Weller wouldn’t sell it out. The club/stadium have to look at this dispassionately - not who is good but who is popular (not always the same thing and especially not in music!)

100% this. The biggest bands/singers are not usually the best bands/singers.

Quick question regarding Parking for the concerts. 

Going Spice Girls tomorrow (for the Mrs ?) and wasn’t sure if my usual parking spot (in the industrial estate over the old train track) would be open? It’s says Winterstoke road is closed from 9pm and Ashton road is closed from midday. 

What suggestions do people have?

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Going Spice Girls tomorrow (for the Mrs ?) and wasn’t sure if my usual parking spot (in the industrial estate over the old train track) would be open? It’s says Winterstoke road is closed from 9pm and Ashton road is closed from midday. 

Ashton Vale, past the Robins Pub, beyond the railway arch, exit via South Library Lane & new link road

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

So basically all areas around the ground are a no-go??

Not sure about the Cala trading estate parking, nor Bedminster cricket club. Just get there early.

People were parking up for Take That last week from lunchtime onwards

44 minutes ago, brad blit said:

We parked just off of Duckmoor Road (Ashton Gate end) at 4.15 for Take That - spaces were going quickly though.

43 minutes ago, In the Net said:

We parked just off of Duckmoor Road (Ashton Gate end) at 4.15 for Take That - spaces were going quickly though.

I was thinking of the housing estate area around Duckmoor road, is any of that coned off or inaccessible? I think we will leave WSM around 4 

Archived