IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

Quick question regarding Parking for the concerts. 

Going Spice Girls tomorrow (for the Mrs ?) and wasn’t sure if my usual parking spot (in the industrial estate over the old train track) would be open? It’s says Winterstoke road is closed from 9pm and Ashton road is closed from midday. 

What suggestions do people have?

To ease congestion, you can park on zebra crossings on Monday apparently. Just don't encroach on the zig zags ah.

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

I was thinking of the housing estate area around Duckmoor road, is any of that coned off or inaccessible? I think we will leave WSM around 4 

Lots of cones & tow away zone signs around Duckmoor & the surrounding roads, plenty of active traffic wardens out too.

12 hours ago, brad blit said:

I was thinking of the housing estate area around Duckmoor road, is any of that coned off or inaccessible? I think we will leave WSM around 4 

Perhaps train may be a better option from WSM?

Also heard that parking at Bedminster Cricket Club has been £20, unsure if true though.

https://twitter.com/FreeParkingBand  

I'd like to see this band play the Gate.

As a support band at a big gig,  ie:  Spice Girls with Free Parking at Ashton Gate.

or simply Free Parking at the Gate.

( just for the twisted fun of sitting back and watching the traffic chaos & confusion caused by the posters & tickets! :devil:

Rock & Roll -am I bad? ? 

Happy Concert Day to all the Spice goers tonight. The weather looks awful so I would expect people to arrive quite late, so expect queues. Will be interesting to hear how the stadium copes with a wet gig. I got absolutely drenched before Coldplay at Cardiff a few years ago and still had a great time, really slippery though and cold, and the confetti stuck everywhere!

Have fun!

No umbrellas allowed either.....

A couple of mates went to the Muse gig and said it was awesome and one of the best they have ever been to. His one and only complaint was that the Lager was shocking and didn't have a single bubble in it. I know you never get great lager at any venue in a plastic cup but he did said it was one of the worst pints he had ever had and never went back for another (and he is a big drinker as well). 

43 minutes ago, wood_red said:

No umbrellas allowed either.....

A couple of mates went to the Muse gig and said it was awesome and one of the best they have ever been to. His one and only complaint was that the Lager was shocking and didn't have a single bubble in it. I know you never get great lager at any venue in a plastic cup but he did said it was one of the worst pints he had ever had and never went back for another (and he is a big drinker as well). 

Are ear plugs allowed??

Comments from the Muse gig last week...pretty blooming positive although I've no idea why anyone would arrive 8.5 hours before the start:

Wow, how much easier than london was that?

One of the best overall experiences I’ve had at a gig. Lovely queue people, easy travel there and back, friendly staff who actually knew what they were doing and, even though I was arriving relatively late (just after 12), they let the first few hundred/thousand in a bit early, just after the VIPs.

And:

Agree with this being so much easier than London.  Everything was better - the queue, the access to the venue itself, the security at the venue.  I really think stadiums this size are perfect for this production - basically the same size as a large arena, so the screen/stage look imposing and impressive.  I am still blown away by how organized the venue staff was with entry, it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.  I had the "cheaper" VIP for this one and there were so few EE VIPs that after they divided us by which side of the pit we were on, we were literally the first ones to step foot in the golden circle 

The "London" referred to is West Ham's stolen ground formerly known as the Olympic Stadium.

Pretty standard for there to be no umbrellas allowed, I’ve never been to a gig and seen an umbrella thank God. Quite often though ponchos are given out if it’s wet, not sure if this will be the case tonight but the weather is hardly a shock and people have had time to be prepared.

I have heard ponchos are being sold outside by the ‘tat’ vendors at the moment. Apparently it’s very quiet at the mo, hardly anyone about yet. TT at this time was pretty busy, not sure about Muse. Think the weather is dampening the Spice fans.

My experience too is this has been one of the best organised, chilled, places to have a gig. Lots of positives which can only be a good thing. 

Just arrived at Bedminster cricket club and it’s already pretty full! More shocking was my decision not to bring a bigger rain coat so I will be getting wet ? £20 entry 

lots of people walking around with brollys will be upset when they get taken off them at entrance mind 

Traffic horrendous in town I can confirm. Son on a bus and has moved about 2 bus stops in 30 minutes, and not going anywhere near AG, well Temple Meads will be the closest he gets. It’s never this bad for football or Christmas shoppers, even if it’s raining. If you haven’t left by now people, I would make a move if you can.

Archived