IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Emergency poncho located and packed in my bag for when my waterproof coat has reached its limit! Off to swim to Ashton Gate shortly! 

Oh and just how bloody good does our stadium look from Geri Haliwells helicopter earlier! :D 

6C22B4F9-8920-49BD-AF83-059946DFA87D.png

Stadium looks mint!

whu don’t you put your poncho on over your coat..?! ??

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Pretty standard for there to be no umbrellas allowed, I’ve never been to a gig and seen an umbrella thank God. Quite often though ponchos are given out if it’s wet, not sure if this will be the case tonight but the weather is hardly a shock and people have had time to be prepared.

I have heard ponchos are being sold outside by the ‘tat’ vendors at the moment. Apparently it’s very quiet at the mo, hardly anyone about yet. TT at this time was pretty busy, not sure about Muse. Think the weather is dampening the Spice fans.

My experience too is this has been one of the best organised, chilled, places to have a gig. Lots of positives which can only be a good thing. 

I think Ponchos look really stupid, but I succumbed a few years at a track meet and now - well sod it they keep you dry, warm, and if it's raining at a venue - i'm packing it it folds into it's own pocket (even has a nice little belt loop like the old pac a macs)

17 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am here as a fan!?

there are small umbrellas being held by people on the pitch , lots of plastic coats/ coverings on display . 

Jess Glynne was very good 

You're there as a fan?

Watch out for Old Bill!    ?

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

I think Ponchos look really stupid, but I succumbed a few years at a track meet and now - well sod it they keep you dry, warm, and if it's raining at a venue - i'm packing it it folds into it's own pocket (even has a nice little belt loop like the old pac a macs)

No, sod what you look like. Stay warm, comfortable and dry and have the last laugh. 

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

I am here as a fan!?

there are small umbrellas being held by people on the pitch , lots of plastic coats/ coverings on display . 

Jess Glynne was very good 

This must be your first ever post that had nothing to do with your day job. Welcome to OTIB Julie!

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

This must be your first ever post that had nothing to do with your day job. Welcome to OTIB Julie!

Yeah... as a LAW BREAKER posting non-football chat, in the FOOTBALL CHAT section.

I demand 2 free pitch invasions, a smoke flare and a pint in view of the pitch to make up for it.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah... as a LAW BREAKER posting non-football chat, in the FOOTBALL CHAT section.

I demand 2 free pitch invasions, a smoke flare and a pint in view of the pitch to make up for it.

Rob, since when have you had to pay for a pitch invasion? I hope you got a receipt if you did pay. It could come in handy.

35 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Thank you, just got home , really good night, took the park and ride on portway as a result of people on here saying how good it was, and I can definitely vouch for it. 

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Clever thing tonight I’ve seen before, everyone got given a wristband, and half way through they activated and did all sorts of different flashing things in time with the music :) 

95BED118-8D88-4C21-9DEB-C748B1E4246E.jpeg

3C636D0E-6CC9-4F1F-8F18-62340C6EE01E.jpeg

25C161BA-43EF-4A52-819A-706F8E7F6D9A.jpeg

27123DBA-AFD7-4590-8615-4102AC8410AC.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Clever thing tonight I’ve seen before, everyone got given a wristband, and half way through they activated and did all sorts of different flashing things in time with the music :) 

95BED118-8D88-4C21-9DEB-C748B1E4246E.jpeg

3C636D0E-6CC9-4F1F-8F18-62340C6EE01E.jpeg

25C161BA-43EF-4A52-819A-706F8E7F6D9A.jpeg

27123DBA-AFD7-4590-8615-4102AC8410AC.jpeg

Lights that flash in time to the music.. 

That's groundbreaking stuff. I wonder what they'll do next? Maybe they'll project images from the stage on to some sort of giant screen so those ar the back can see.

?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lights that flash in time to the music.. 

That's groundbreaking stuff. I wonder what they'll do next? Maybe they'll project images from the stage on to some sort of giant screen so those ar the back can see.

?

Shamelessly nicked from Coldplay, xylobands. 

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Er Indoors went to see Stevie Wonder and it was similar there.

I was flicking through one of the music channels on tv last night. They were talking about the 80’s and going to gigs. At concerts apparently everyone used to hold up lighters. Can you imagine a crowd now with thousands waving naked flames about! 

Archived