IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Did Stevie even know that people had been issued xylobands at his concert?

He doesn't tour anymore because of his commitments as a VAR referee.

19 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I believe Coldplay co-own those bands, the guy who invented them pitched the idea to them and they invested in it

I’ve had these at three Coldplay gigs and every time the experience has been amazing. I saw Coldplay at Glastonbury on the Sunday night and the bands worked until around 4pm the next day, when I was back home. It was quite a sight hours after the concert at every corner of Glasto to see these bands lit up, you could certainly see who had been to the gig. 

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was flicking through one of the music channels on tv last night. They were talking about the 80’s and going to gigs. At concerts apparently everyone used to hold up lighters. Can you imagine a crowd now with thousands waving naked flames about! 

I did that (even though I’ve never smoked) in the early 90’s at Take That gigs. They even used to say “everyone get your lighters out for this next song” :D 

They really did get very wet, everyone except Geri seemed to enjoy the rain, Geri was struggling bless her, insisted on wearing a plastic rain hood most of the time. 

At one point she looked like she was shivering ! 

I almost felt sorry for her from my dry padded seat in the Lansdown ?

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Clever thing tonight I’ve seen before, everyone got given a wristband, and half way through they activated and did all sorts of different flashing things in time with the music :) 

95BED118-8D88-4C21-9DEB-C748B1E4246E.jpeg

3C636D0E-6CC9-4F1F-8F18-62340C6EE01E.jpeg

25C161BA-43EF-4A52-819A-706F8E7F6D9A.jpeg

27123DBA-AFD7-4590-8615-4102AC8410AC.jpeg

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Rudolph, no ! 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So did they actually sing live, or just sing the first and last lines of a song live, make various comments to the crowd between songs and then go back to a pre recorded show they danced along with?

Some friends went to the Cardiff gig the other week and said that at the end they just walked off the stage. No goodbye, encore, nothing. All very strange apparently, there was still 10 minutes to go officially.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So did they actually sing live, or just sing the first and last lines of a song live, make various comments to the crowd between songs and then go back to a pre recorded show they danced along with?

Definitely singing live. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Some friends went to the Cardiff gig the other week and said that at the end they just walked off the stage. No goodbye, encore, nothing. All very strange apparently, there was still 10 minutes to go officially.

Did they stay to watch the video they had before they came back for the encore? They said it was their last song, went off stage, then the video clip came on which was all about them saying thank you to their fans and each other and then they came back on stage and sang two more songs. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Did they stay to watch the video they had before they came back for the encore? They said it was their last song, went off stage, then the video clip came on which was all about them saying thank you to their fans and each other and then they came back on stage and sang two more songs. 

Maybe they had a technical issue then as they definitely didn’t come back.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

They really did get very wet, everyone except Geri seemed to enjoy the rain, Geri was struggling bless her, insisted on wearing a plastic rain hood most of the time. 

At one point she looked like she was shivering ! 

* I almost felt sorry for her from my dry padded seat in the Lansdown ?    

* Tena lady  ?    ?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

They did say Goodbye. Seventh song in. 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

different timezone to the rest of Britain that's why.....

Mark Kelly just on local news. They said the stadium had been contacted by music promotors after the second gig enquiring about availability in the future. Some of the artists were big names who haven’t toured for a while, I think he mentioned five gigs? 

I guess if we did do five nights it could be an artist who might do more than one night here? 

Archived