IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

Mark Kelly just on local news. They said the stadium had been contacted by music promotors after the second gig enquiring about availability in the future. Some of the artists were big names who haven’t toured for a while, I think he mentioned five gigs? 

I guess if we did do five nights it could be an artist who might do more than one night here? 

Foo Fighters.....you heard it here first.

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

Mark Kelly just on local news. They said the stadium had been contacted by music promotors after the second gig enquiring about availability in the future. Some of the artists were big names who haven’t toured for a while, I think he mentioned five gigs? 

I guess if we did do five nights it could be an artist who might do more than one night here? 

Hope its some up and coming Swedish bands !???

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Big names... Haven't toured in a while... Five gigs...

My money is on.

George Michael

Prince

Michael Jackson

Amy Winehouse

Elvis.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Fats Domino

The Big Bopper

Chubby Checker

16 hours ago, RedM said:

With Glasto 50 next year, there is probably likely to be a fair few opportunities for some eye catching gigs on the build up. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, TomF said:

With Glasto 50 next year, there is probably likely to be a fair few opportunities for some eye catching gigs on the build up. 

True but Glastonbury is at the end of the month, will be too late for people "passing by" for the one off gig in the area.

Do people actually tour the same year they headline somewhere list Glastonbury?

I think Glastonbury normally (not all the time) have exclusivity on their headliners for the summer. I’d be surprised if a band big enough to fill AG then played Glastonbury as well in the same month. But, you never know. 

If I had to have a guess;

Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Ed Sheeran, could sell a stadium tour? Could also just as easily do a night or two nights at Wembley stadium which is what bigger bands tend to do nowadays instead of going around the country.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

True but Glastonbury is at the end of the month, will be too late for people "passing by" for the one off gig in the area.

Do people actually tour the same year they headline somewhere list Glastonbury?

This year The Killers play Cardiff Castle on Friday night before headlining Glasto on Saturday ( I can’t wait!). In the past George Ezra played the Harbourside the night before he did Glastonbury too ( not headlining). Maybe our stadium gigs will have to be over a little too early in the month,  but some bands do tour and then fit Glastonbury in. I saw Coldplay and then saw them again only a few days later at the festival. It’s mixed really, some only do a festival or two others take festivals in as part of a tour.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

This year The Killers play Cardiff Castle on Friday night before headlining Glasto on Saturday ( I can’t wait!). In the past George Ezra played the Harbourside the night before he did Glastonbury too ( not headlining). Maybe our stadium gigs will have to be over a little too early in the month,  but some bands do tour and then fit Glastonbury in. I saw Coldplay and then saw them again only a few days later at the festival. It’s mixed really, some only do a festival or two others take festivals in as part of a tour.

They clash with Chemical Brothers so that’s where I will be going.  

Never really been a fan of the Killers. Probably because Mr Brightside is always the last song at a fcking party event.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

They clash with Chemical Brothers so that’s where I will be going.  

Never really been a fan of the Killers. Probably because Mr Brightside is always the last song at a fcking party event.

I know, that clash hurts like hell but I love The Killers, but they have much better songs than Mr Brightside. I think I will be seeing a lot of stuff I don’t normally see as there’s not that much for me this year. Stuff like The Proclaimers, Gerry Cinnamon and Kylie all for the laughs rather than serious appreciation of music.

On 11/06/2019 at 18:29, RedM said:

Fleetwood Mac ? The Who ? 
I'd love to see Nick Cave here, Stone Roses , Oasis , sadly just dreams I fear.

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/huge-ashton-gate-concerts-return-2974552.amp

70s/80s male solo artist wanting to make a comeback and could bring in 35k according to article...

ANNOUNCE PHIL COLLINS @Mkelly

That was my top guess as well. The only male solo artist from 70s/80s not currently touring (or actively recording) that I could think of - and who'd also be 'big enough' to sell out 35k.

Archived