IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

1 minute ago, Undy English said:

That was my top guess as well. The only male solo artist from 70s/80s not currently touring (or actively recording) that I could think of - and who'd also be 'big enough' to sell out 35k.

Could also be Ozzy but thought he'd retired now?

2 minutes ago, Undy English said:

That was my top guess as well. The only male solo artist from 70s/80s not currently touring (or actively recording) that I could think of - and who'd also be 'big enough' to sell out 35k.

Cliff? Not my cup of tea at all but would sell a load of tickets I would imagine.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Lionel Richie? 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just can't see Lionel Richie setting 35,000 tickets.

He usually sells out his “arena”venues of 10-15k

saw him at Edinburgh Castle about 5 years ago. Was very good! But no, not a 20/30k+ stadium filler. 

7 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Could also be Ozzy but thought he'd retired now?

Still going, but Ozzy had to halt his solo tour part way through due to injury. 

Unfortunately Ozzy is just not really worth seeing nowadays. It’s quite upsetting even to see someone who should be revered being flogged. I’m a big fan of Sabbath and of his solo career and would bow to them, but I’m not paying to see him. To me it’s akin to chucking plastic into a river and compounding a problem; let the visionary see out his days in dignity. His voice is gone, his stamina is gone. It’s actually a really sad sight to see him effectively grasp the mic stand like a walking stick; or clapping out of time.

Anyway, whilst AG is a fantastic venue and even the sound appeared good, I think pop (popular - not crap 90s manufacturedshite) is route is the way to go for next year. Beiber; Pink; Arianna Grande etc  

Stadium rock/metal goes well in the US States, but in the UK most of those bands tend to go for arenas because they are generally established and can charge a tenner on top a ticket to get an enclosed space where they will sound better.

The UK doesn’t have the stadium heritage aside from a few notable MK or Wembley shows.

Take a band like Avenged Sevenfold, across the states they would play football stadiums and put on an incredible show.  Bur over here, it doesn’t happen. I guess because our stadiums are available just before festival season but also we don’t really have exposure to rock like they do in the states. What we receive over our Airways is so much less diverse than American Radio; which I recommend to everyone .

AG should for a few more years, to build its creds, look to the take that’s, Coldplay, killers, kasabian.... to host muse and do it well is a big accreditation,  but I think it needs to have a bit more under its belt to host the likes of a full Fleetwood, GnR, even Foo Fighters I believe would play principality and skip AG. 

Before commented; I know spice girls played both, that i think in time will prove unprecedented 

13 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Imagine The Wurzels down AG.

Discounted Scrumpy and Thatchers. Drive some tra-errs on the stage. 

Christ. Do you remember the last time they played in the old Dolman Hall. Absolute scenes. And this was before scenes were even invented. 

20 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Christ. Do you remember the last time they played in the old Dolman Hall. Absolute scenes. And this was before scenes were even invented. 

And there was that end of season bigger than usual stage in the car park a couple of years ago where they did a turn.

Archived