IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

With scones, or scones, why not try a half and half (just like football scarves?  Jam on one side and cream on the other, then just splodge together. Or just have a pasty 

Is that a Cornish pasty or a Devon pasty. Ginsters just over the border in Cornwall.

6 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Is that a Cornish pasty or a Devon pasty. Ginsters just over the border in Cornwall.

It’s all about the crimp. A Cornish pasty has the crimp on the side, whereas Devonshire pasties has a crimp on the top.

10 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

I can`t think why they built their factory six miles inside Cornwall at Callington just as the rules came in about not allowing them to be called Cornish pasties if they weren`t made in the county.

On 14/06/2019 at 00:21, 29AR said:

AG should for a few more years, to build its creds, look to the take that’s, Coldplay, killers, kasabian.... to host muse and do it well is a big accreditation,  but I think it needs to have a bit more under its belt to host the likes of a full Fleetwood, GnR, even Foo Fighters I believe would play principality and skip AG. 

Before commented; I know spice girls played both, that i think in time will prove unprecedented 

Take That also played both this year.

44 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It was interesting that Mark Kelly said the position of the screen by the  Atyeo allowed articulated lorries to drive into the pitch. I’m sure that if the Atyeo is ever redeveloped Ashton Gate won’t become a complete bowl as a bowl would remove this facility. It seems that big summer concerts in the summer are here to stay.

The comments about the park and ride were also interesting. It wasn’t perfect, but the buses transported a lot of people. If this can be done for the Spice Girls, surely  we could have better park and ride arrangements on match days. 

47 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I take it, that they still didn't open the LA Park n Ride?

I'm told the gates were locked at 10:45. You would have to miss the end of the concert to get (walk) back to your car. Last Metrobus at Ashton Gate stop was around 10:10 I believe.

9 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I'm told the gates were locked at 10:45. You would have to miss the end of the concert to get (walk) back to your car. Last Metrobus at Ashton Gate stop was around 10:10 I believe.

They seem to be doing this stuff on purpose don`t they? The only event I can recall it actively being promoted for was the Balloon Fiesta and, surprise, surprise that`s not held at AG.

A load of bloody jobsworths in charge IMO.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

It’s a great article, well worth the read. Interesting point about the lorries getting access to the pitch. I know at one point there was 18 lorries on the pitch, after Take That, and they looked tiny such is the scale of the stadium.

i can only echo that my experience ( Take That) and the experience of family members ( Muse & Spice Girls) was one of the most organised, friendly gigs that I have been to. A lot of thought and organisation had gone into the planning as the article says. This has got to hold us in a good light for future events. 

52 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Maybe we should have a music sub forum. A lot of people seems to take a bigger interest in shit music than in Bristol City FC

I didn’t realise you were forced to click on this thread.

Mods, can we have an option to skip threads that don’t interest us? It’s not fair that these threads open up without us choosing to open them.

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

Mods, can we have an option to skip threads that don’t interest us? It’s not fair that these threads open up without us choosing to open them.

Don't worry, we understand how inconvenient it can be when threads randomly open and force us to reply. We're looking in to it after a similar complaint from @Robbored.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Maybe we should have a music sub forum. A lot of people seems to take a bigger interest in shit music than in Bristol City FC

A dedicated forum for obscure Swedish bands who haven't yet made it, but could be a good fit for Ashton Gate forum.

This is what the people want.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A lot of people seems to take a bigger interest in shit music than in Bristol City FC

TBF there isn't any shit music it's just music you don't like, all preference really.

That said the Spice Girls ARE Shit !

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

How do you think we played last night? What do you reckon about the new Keeper ? I think we are onto a good thing with our new Striker too. A Hat Trick on his debut and what a celebration, he already has a great song too. 

Well if you can chat shit so can I ! ?

Archived