IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

I've done some similar stuff. I'm guessing it was a panorama taken from the Lansdown stand, as you only see the stage, Dolman and part of the south stand.

Best way to do it would be take a complete 360 photo from the centre spot.

Looks like it yes, we have a 360 camera and/or lenses...not sure if getting onto the centre spot might be possible for football anyway!

18 hours ago, Dave L said:

Here's my Take That claim to fame. Back in the early 90s, when I was very nearly almost famous for playing a stupid Norman soldier on the kids show Maid Marian and her Merry Men, some of the cast did a guest appearance on a TV show called Hangar 17, which was a sort of variety show for kids. As I recall, we were in a showbiz quiz against a team from East Enders. Other guests on the show were Take That. I'd never heard of them, but my 13 year old niece begged me to get their autographs. They were in the dressing room over the corridor and only too happy to oblige. Nice lads. There was something about the reaction they got in the studio that day that made me think they might do well for a year or two ?

How come your not a “Sheffield on a Tuesday” fan? Come on you pink and yellows!!

23 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

Twickets still charge the buyer 10% though they are still making a lot of money on it (some bands promoters/managers actually own shares!) for doing relatively very little and if anything goes wrong they will just redirect you to paypal. I think they may well disappear soon as Ticketmaster and AXS have copied their model of reselling as they feared they were missing out on a slice of the pie. 

Vibe tickets is the best run site as they really are doing it for the fans and they don't charge anything but they just can't seem to get the publicity to get people to put tickets on their site!

I wouldn't mind paying 10% on top of the ticket price. Seems pretty reasonable. 

I wouldn't give Ticketmaster a Penney of my money unless absolutely necessary.

19 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Could someone tell me a Muse song?

Apart from hearing that they are a rock band from Devon, I've absolutely no idea 

Saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. I wasn’t a fan in particular but I found I recognised more than I thought, check out the link @phantomhas provided. If the tickets had been cheaper I certainly would have been tempted to see them at AG

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. I wasn’t a fan in particular but I found I recognised more than I thought, check out the link @phantomhas provided. If the tickets had been cheaper I certainly would have been tempted to see them at AG

I've heard that their live show is spectacular. Staging is set to be bigger than Take That

• Admin
5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I've heard that their live show is spectacular. Staging is set to be bigger than Take That

I'm always a bit curious about a group that has such a stage show, it often feels like they are trying to over compensate to take the attention off of their actual performance

People I know that went to Take That the other night mentioned how they have massively toned down what was going on, on and around their stage and was more about them and their music rather than a whole show

6 hours ago, Dave L said:

Certainly did, and he remains a good friend. In fact we're working on something together at the moment.

Oooh - sounds interesting.  He's a great bloke, love his books, and have listened to him at a few book festivals/book launches - very entertaining.

One thing I did find slightly strange on Tuesday evening was that the catering for the Upper Lansdown area consisted of drinks and sweets.  I understand that this is geared up to cater for families, but don't the kids get hyper on all those E numbers? 

Could have made a killing on Tuesday if they'd stocked them with pre-prepared sandwiches and rolls.

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

What a great idea,  put it to your chairman at the AGM.

Not sure why you always find it necessary to have a go.

I was just making an observation.  Burgers were sold out, but I bought a very nice piece of pizza in the downstairs concourse, which made a change from overcooked pasties.

17 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I was just making an observation.  Burgers were sold out, but I bought a very nice piece of pizza in the downstairs concourse, which made a change from overcooked pasties.

Sorry, but if you come on this forum and don't expect to have the piss ripped out of you, you're deluded.........Oh hang on.

31 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Not sure if you have been asked before ITN, but what is your honest opinion of A.G., assuming you toured the whole stadium, rather than just the area where your seat was ?

Genuine question.

34 minutes ago, In the Net said:

My mate went and said the burgers were £8!  And they were bang average to boot!  Can’t believe people paid that!

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Not sure if you have been asked before ITN, but what was your honest opinion of A.G., assuming you toured the whole stadium, rather than just the area where your seat was ?

Genuine question.

Yes, we had a good look around - nosey neighbours and all that.  It all looked very impressive and professional, I can't remember seeing anything to find fault with to be honest - apart from missing the noise of flapping canvas!  

We encountered several stewards who also work on matchdays, and they were very helpful and friendly, despite our allegiance - had some good banter.  Looking around the stadium during the concert, the words that popped into my head were, "In a galaxy far, far way ......"  as there are light years between the standards of our respective grounds.

22 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sorry, but if you come on this forum and don't expect to have the piss ripped out of you, you're deluded.........Oh hang on.

Strangely enough, the majority of your fellow forum members are able to engage in intelligent debate, and some witty piss taking, rather than just replying with snide comments.

51 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Strangely enough, the majority of your fellow forum members are able to engage in intelligent debate, and some witty piss taking, rather than just replying with snide comments.

I for one welcome the Fewers who dip their toes in the OTIB waters.

They can hardly give it large, given the gulf between the two clubs, so it's quite welcome to have a few here who can laugh at themselves.

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Could someone tell me a Muse song?

Apart from hearing that they are a rock band from Devon, I've absolutely no idea 

You must remember this one. It was played every home game when we were facing relegation. We still went down!

"Knights of Cydonia"

(Can't get a link to work!)

4 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

You must remember this one. It was played every home game when we were facing relegation. We still went down!

"Knights of Cydonia"

(Can't get a link to work!)

And that is a fantastic song, like I said you will recognise the songs and not realise it was Muse. I was the same with Arcade Fire when I saw them too. 

Well two concerts down and two to go. If the next are as successful as the first then will we be looking to attract bigger artists? Wonder who will be touring next year? Swansea did concerts two years in a row but giving their ground a rest this year according to the steward we spoke to last year. I think we will be looking to go bigger next year then have a rest year. 

33 minutes ago, RedM said:

And that is a fantastic song, like I said you will recognise the songs and not realise it was Muse. I was the same with Arcade Fire when I saw them too. 

Well two concerts down and two to go. If the next are as successful as the first then will we be looking to attract bigger artists? Wonder who will be touring next year? Swansea did concerts two years in a row but giving their ground a rest this year according to the steward we spoke to last year. I think we will be looking to go bigger next year then have a rest year. 

Adele please! 

14 hours ago, In the Net said:

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Adele please! 

Hello, it's me...

As the lyrics go.

the clues were there. ITN is actually Adele.

Archived