Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

daored

Concerts at the Gate

I am here as a fan!😂

there are small umbrellas being held by people on the pitch , lots of plastic coats/ coverings on display . 

Jess Glynne was very good 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am here as a fan!😂

there are small umbrellas being held by people on the pitch , lots of plastic coats/ coverings on display . 

You're there as a fan?

Watch out for Old Bill!    😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

I think Ponchos look really stupid, but I succumbed a few years at a track meet and now - well sod it they keep you dry, warm, and if it's raining at a venue - i'm packing it it folds into it's own pocket (even has a nice little belt loop like the old pac a macs)

No, sod what you look like. Stay warm, comfortable and dry and have the last laugh. 

They’ve both been very loud tonight, Jess Glynn obvs more up to date but still some classic 90s pop from the Spice Girls. The crowd seem to be enjoying it too. Fair play for some great shows @Mkelly 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

I am here as a fan!😂

This must be your first ever post that had nothing to do with your day job. Welcome to OTIB Julie!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

This must be your first ever post that had nothing to do with your day job. Welcome to OTIB Julie!

Yeah... as a LAW BREAKER posting non-football chat, in the FOOTBALL CHAT section.

I demand 2 free pitch invasions, a smoke flare and a pint in view of the pitch to make up for it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah... as a LAW BREAKER posting non-football chat, in the FOOTBALL CHAT section.

I demand 2 free pitch invasions, a smoke flare and a pint in view of the pitch to make up for it.

Rob, since when have you had to pay for a pitch invasion? I hope you got a receipt if you did pay. It could come in handy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Rob, since when have you had to pay for a pitch invasion? I hope you got a receipt if you did pay. It could come in handy.

surely lower level convictions come with fines? 

#LaughterVacuum

35 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Thank you, just got home , really good night, took the park and ride on portway as a result of people on here saying how good it was, and I can definitely vouch for it. 

• Like 2

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Clever thing tonight I’ve seen before, everyone got given a wristband, and half way through they activated and did all sorts of different flashing things in time with the music :) 

95BED118-8D88-4C21-9DEB-C748B1E4246E.jpeg

3C636D0E-6CC9-4F1F-8F18-62340C6EE01E.jpeg

25C161BA-43EF-4A52-819A-706F8E7F6D9A.jpeg

27123DBA-AFD7-4590-8615-4102AC8410AC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Clever thing tonight I’ve seen before, everyone got given a wristband, and half way through they activated and did all sorts of different flashing things in time with the music :) 

Lights that flash in time to the music.. 

That's groundbreaking stuff. I wonder what they'll do next? Maybe they'll project images from the stage on to some sort of giant screen so those ar the back can see.

😋

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lights that flash in time to the music.. 

That's groundbreaking stuff. I wonder what they'll do next? Maybe they'll project images from the stage on to some sort of giant screen so those ar the back can see.

😋

Shamelessly nicked from Coldplay, xylobands. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Er Indoors went to see Stevie Wonder and it was similar there.

I was flicking through one of the music channels on tv last night. They were talking about the 80’s and going to gigs. At concerts apparently everyone used to hold up lighters. Can you imagine a crowd now with thousands waving naked flames about! 

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Er Indoors went to see Stevie Wonder and it was similar there.

Did Stevie even know that people had been issued xylobands at his concert?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Did Stevie even know that people had been issued xylobands at his concert?

He doesn't tour anymore because of his commitments as a VAR referee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Issuing xylobands to us home supporters for evening matches would be groundbreaking for the EFL. Bristol Sport should be all over it!

It would be like the end of Cheggers Plays Pop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I believe Coldplay co-own those bands, the guy who invented them pitched the idea to them and they invested in it

I’ve had these at three Coldplay gigs and every time the experience has been amazing. I saw Coldplay at Glastonbury on the Sunday night and the bands worked until around 4pm the next day, when I was back home. It was quite a sight hours after the concert at every corner of Glasto to see these bands lit up, you could certainly see who had been to the gig. 

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was flicking through one of the music channels on tv last night. They were talking about the 80’s and going to gigs. At concerts apparently everyone used to hold up lighters. Can you imagine a crowd now with thousands waving naked flames about! 

I did that (even though I’ve never smoked) in the early 90’s at Take That gigs. They even used to say “everyone get your lighters out for this next song” :D 

• Haha 1

They really did get very wet, everyone except Geri seemed to enjoy the rain, Geri was struggling bless her, insisted on wearing a plastic rain hood most of the time. 

At one point she looked like she was shivering ! 

I almost felt sorry for her from my dry padded seat in the Lansdown 😂

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, JulieH said:

I am here as a fan!😂

I hope you were under cover. 

;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

God the flipping rain did not stop! Even Mel B said it was the wettest she had ever been! :D 

Rudolph, no ! 

• Haha 6

So did they actually sing live, or just sing the first and last lines of a song live, make various comments to the crowd between songs and then go back to a pre recorded show they danced along with?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So did they actually sing live, or just sing the first and last lines of a song live, make various comments to the crowd between songs and then go back to a pre recorded show they danced along with?

Some friends went to the Cardiff gig the other week and said that at the end they just walked off the stage. No goodbye, encore, nothing. All very strange apparently, there was still 10 minutes to go officially.

Edited by Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Definitely singing live. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Some friends went to the Cardiff gig the other week and said that at the end they just walked off the stage. No goodbye, encore, nothing. All very strange apparently, there was still 10 minutes to go officially.

Did they stay to watch the video they had before they came back for the encore? They said it was their last song, went off stage, then the video clip came on which was all about them saying thank you to their fans and each other and then they came back on stage and sang two more songs. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Did they stay to watch the video they had before they came back for the encore? They said it was their last song, went off stage, then the video clip came on which was all about them saying thank you to their fans and each other and then they came back on stage and sang two more songs. 

Maybe they had a technical issue then as they definitely didn’t come back.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

They really did get very wet, everyone except Geri seemed to enjoy the rain, Geri was struggling bless her, insisted on wearing a plastic rain hood most of the time. 

At one point she looked like she was shivering ! 

* I almost felt sorry for her from my dry padded seat in the Lansdown 😂    

* Tena lady  ?    👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

She lied :cool:

...............but did she tell you what she wants, what she really, really wants?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...............but did she tell you what she wants, what she really, really wants?

She said, "Rudi, if you wanna be my lover". I did.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

She said, "Rudi, if you wanna be my lover". I did.

So, zig a zig ah then?

48 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Definitely singing live. 

That bad ?  :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

They did say Goodbye. Seventh song in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

different timezone to the rest of Britain that's why.....