IGNORED

Concerts at the Gate

daored

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Adele please! 

I think she has pretty much said she won’t tour again, but never say never. I saw her at Glastonbury too, she is good but swears like a trooper which won’t please Tilly ?. Her confetti is amazing though, the pieces have her song lyrics in her handwriting on them. Some people I know booked shows in London ( I think) which she cancelled and I don’t think she ever rescheduled them. 

10 hours ago, RedM said:

And that is a fantastic song, like I said you will recognise the songs and not realise it was Muse. I was the same with Arcade Fire when I saw them too. 

Well two concerts down and two to go. If the next are as successful as the first then will we be looking to attract bigger artists? Wonder who will be touring next year? Swansea did concerts two years in a row but giving their ground a rest this year according to the steward we spoke to last year. I think we will be looking to go bigger next year then have a rest year. 

I'm very much in the old git category, but am envious of you seeing Arcade Fire, I think they are excellent. 

The way the gigs have gone this year is encouraging and, like you, I wonder if it will lead to more top bands/artists coming here. ?

Regarding the app, I’ve not got.  I’ve to play around at the moment so this is my first attempt so be gentle. I only grabbed the first football pic I could find, not a panarama obviously but it just shows what could be achieved. 

75EA76FA-40D2-4689-B24B-6188D97616B8.jpeg

E1F5E4AC-C858-45E3-ABCB-C91E65163246.jpeg

19 hours ago, In the Net said:

Could have made a killing on Tuesday if they'd stocked them with pre-prepared sandwiches and rolls.

I'm sure someone made a killing with the amount of ladies drinking PINTS of wine! 

19 hours ago, In the Net said:

Not sure why you always find it necessary to have a go.

I was just making an observation.  Burgers were sold out, but I bought a very nice piece of pizza in the downstairs concourse, which made a change from overcooked pasties.

The one thing Rovers used to have was decent burgers & pasties. Is that no longer the case either..?!

(I mean the in date ones. Or aren’t “best before” date items available..?) 

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I'm sure someone made a killing with the amount of ladies drinking PINTS of wine! 

Didn’t see pints but plenty had bottles on the pitch.

I actually thought afterwards we were quite tidy, lots of confetti on the pitch but not so much plastic bottles and glasses. Some stadium gigs you have to wade through and the sound of crunching plastic underfoot is amazing. I didn’t notice any bins though. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Didn’t see pints but plenty had bottles on the pitch.

I actually thought afterwards we were quite tidy, lots of confetti on the pitch but not so much plastic bottles and glasses. Some stadium gigs you have to wade through and the sound of crunching plastic underfoot is amazing. I didn’t notice any bins though. 

Sounds like people weren’t drinking enough..!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sounds like people weren’t drinking enough..!

Most had bottles of water as like me they had been drinking in the afternoon. I saw quite a few wine bottles and cocktail type things but as I was in the heart of the crowd it was so difficult getting in and out for drinks, toilets etc it just wasn’t worth the hassle to find your way back many didn’t bother, and just drank water, quite unusual though

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Most had bottles of water as like me they had been drinking in the afternoon. I saw quite a few wine bottles and cocktail type things but as I was in the heart of the crowd it was so difficult getting in and out for drinks, toilets etc it just wasn’t worth the hassle to find your way back many didn’t bother, and just drank water, quite unusual though

Completely agree. I wouldn’t bother going to a concert these days without a seat, so it’s easy to go out and back, or golden circle tickets, if I can afford them. 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Completely agree. I wouldn’t bother going to a concert these days without a seat, so it’s easy to go out and back, or golden circle tickets, if I can afford them. 

Swings and roundabouts I think, I hate sitting down or being in a seated area. The advantages are you have a seat but looking around the ground on Tuesday, and experiencing it many times before, we in the standing area were already having a great time dancing etc when people in the stands were sat there politely looking on, waiting for someone near them to get to their feet. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The one thing Rovers used to have was decent burgers & pasties. Is that no longer the case either..?!

(I mean the in date ones. Or aren’t “best before” date items available..?) 

Pasty huts only in the ground - it would be nice to have a bit more choice.  The problem is not the quality of the pasties, but they tend to overheat them so the pastry is rock hard.  Shame, because, as you say, they used to be top notch. 

56 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Pasty huts only in the ground - it would be nice to have a bit more choice.  The problem is not the quality of the pasties, but they tend to overheat them so the pastry is rock hard.  Shame, because, as you say, they used to be top notch. 

It’s teally poor to not even get simple catering right. We didn’t until the last few seasons. 

Noe you could have a different food at Ashton Gate, every game, and still not have tried them all come the end of the season. 

You could drink from a different bar every game and not have visited them all by the end of the season. 

It really does make you wonder how anything is going to improve for Rovers, when they can even provide an edible pasty ..!

Hi @RedM @Dollymarie @In the Net and anyone else who's been to gigs at the gate...

Just trying to sort out our food options for Wednesday night. Can you remember how much the pizza was, and am I right saying it's a slice? (Apparently it's quite good)

Think we'll have a big lunch then grab a quick bite when down there, as we are aiming to get inside very early. What are the other options apart from the £8 burgers? Especially veggie options and prices, if you saw / remember any? 

Thanks

We had fish and chips from one of the outside food sellers, was £8.50 each I think. Nice food, too many chips for one person though, oh and a half hour queue to get it. They had Mexican inside, and a bunch of other stuff. Queues were much shorter inside. Not sure about veggie stuff sorry! Lots of options to choose from though, from what I saw. 

Sorry I have no idea, I had gone to Wetherspoons before and didn’t need food. Must say I noticed more drink options, eg Pimms, Gin and cocktails but didn’t buy any either. 

10 hours ago, PhilC said:

Hi @RedM @Dollymarie @In the Net and anyone else who's been to gigs at the gate...

Just trying to sort out our food options for Wednesday night. Can you remember how much the pizza was, and am I right saying it's a slice? (Apparently it's quite good)

Think we'll have a big lunch then grab a quick bite when down there, as we are aiming to get inside very early. What are the other options apart from the £8 burgers? Especially veggie options and prices, if you saw / remember any? 

Thanks

Pizza was Chicago Town - a quarter slice of a large pizza - I think it was £4, and was very nice.  Choice of three cheese or pepperoni. 

As @Dollymarie said, queues were much shorter at the outlets in the concourse.

10 hours ago, PhilC said:

Thanks

Loads of food options, more than at football. Pricey, but big gig prices I guess.

Biggest downside was the massive queues

You can't get back outside for a KFC either!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Reading the reviews from the Muse concert over the weekend, sounds like it is going to be one hell of a gig in Bristol

Looking forward to this! With them being Devon boys this must be one of the closet gigs they've done to 'home'.

Me and Mrs ND have got 2 brilliant tickets for the big gig in Bristol on Wednesday, 2nd row back and overlooking the stage.  Really looking forward to this, although there may be a bit of trouble on the dancefloor!

https://www.stgeorgesbristol.co.uk/event/sophie-ellis-bextor-with-full-orchestra-and-band

Bruce Foxton's "From The Jam" are playing the same venue (St George's just off Park St) on Thursday,and doing an acoustic set of The Jam's back catalogue which I imagine would be brilliant, only a handful of tickets left though!

Having said all that, I think having the huge concerts at the gate is fantastic, don't really know much about Muse and their music though, but sounds like it will be a great gig.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Reading the reviews from the Muse concert over the weekend, sounds like it is going to be one hell of a gig in Bristol

Never been a fan, but I must admit after seeing the Take That clips I was half tempted for Muse. 
I do prefer small venues these days but I bet they will be visually very good.

7 hours ago, Selred said:

Looking forward to this! With them being Devon boys this must be one of the closet gigs they've done to 'home'.

Couldn’t get closer than the gig on The Den, Teignmouth! Good lads.They gave free tickets to our local village shop to hand out as their parents lived here.

The aerial shots of the concert on TV made Teignmouth look like Monte Carlo which was quite an achievement - it’s closer to San Tropez in reality.  

Wondered what all the fuss was over the band at the time.

Now I know. Excellent live.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Was at the London gig and it was indeed a pretty spectacular stage show. Although I enjoyed it, being one of a crowd of 65000+ is not my ideal gig going scenario. I’m sure Ashton Gate will be a far better place to see them than West Ham’s ground! 

Archived