Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Concerts at the Gate


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

When you look at it like this it seems a very clever bit of structuring which gives the club a distinct advantage over our championship rivals in terms of FFP.  No wonder LJ, MA and SL seemed to be very positive about our ability to compete next season.  

Are you surprised? This is SL we are talking about. He made his money in the financial business.

16 hours ago, Coppello said:

 

The rent/stadium is definitely structured in the most beneficial way for the football club. If it wasn't owned by the football club and sat beneath Bristol Sport Ltd, the football club would not be able to benefit from the rental income to boost their FFP compliance. Also, based on my limited understanding of rugby FFP, the only rules they need to adhere to is the salary cap. Therefore any stadium costs are going to have a minimal impact on their operations and therefore it is most efficient for the football club to hold the stadium. 

So SL can gift the rugby club the rent and then they pay us? So it costs the rugby club not a single penny?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are you surprised? This is SL we are talking about. He made his money in the financial business.

So SL can gift the rugby club the rent and then they pay us? So it costs the rugby club not a single penny?

He will loan them the money which I imagine he will write off further down the line. The rental cost will be deducted from the rugby clubs profit but my understanding is that there is much less of a focus on profit in rugby compared to football. For example, they don't have a maximum loss which is allowable like we do in the Championship. 

The only caveat to this is that from an accounting perspective we can't charge them whatever rent we fancy to boost our profit. Related party transactions (ie those made with directors or a related company) have to be made at an 'arms length' so similar to that as if the rent was received on the open market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selred said:

£7 at the o2 arena

Yes I think £7 is pretty average so at least we have come in at £1 cheaper, still more expensive than football though which is obviously still dearer than some pub chains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Little Frank said:

Did they turn the lights off in the stands while Rod was on? 

Just the same as football, the stair lights were on, the actual lights around the seating area only came on after the fireworks finished

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just the same as football, the stair lights were on, the actual lights around the seating area only came on after the fireworks finished

How long is it since you’ve been to an evening game? All the lights are left on during the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Little Frank said:

Did they turn the lights off in the stands while Rod was on? 

Yes, no lights in S stand or Dolman. Could see the vomitory lights on in Lansdown (sorry @Dollymarie) but no others. in fact I was moaning about it to my wife that it was much darker everywhere, than for an evening game. So much for H&S.

Quite a few folk were struggling up and down S Stand steps because of darkness, unfamiliarity with the ground and plentiful supplies of booze everywhere, oh and high heels I am informed! 😂 (I didn't wear mine) 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Yes, no lights in S stand or Dolman. Could see the vomitory lights on in Lansdown (sorry @Dollymarie) but no others. in fact I was moaning about it to my wife that it was much darker everywhere, than for an evening game. So much for H&S.

Quite a few folk were struggling up and down S Stand steps because of darkness, unfamiliarity with the ground and plentiful supplies of booze everywhere, oh and high heels I am informed! 😂 (I didn't wear mine) 😲

Thank you. I hope people apologise for the use of THAT WORD until this forum is no more. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the way The Evil attempts to point the finger at everything positive City try to do to bring light and entertainment to Bristol. Carping about drink and food prices, moaning about public transport. Why don't they moan about transport issues every single day of the week, or the fact a local news resource is totally devoid of news?

I'd encourage everyone ever solicited for 'user generated content' to mandate quotes referencing how much they despise The Evil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I always thought the Stones opened at AG in '82 with "Start Me Up" - an obvious set opener, may be too obvious - but apparently they didn't. It was "Under My Thumb." I looked it up on one of them "set lists" sites. Who spends their days compiling lists of songs played at gigs more than 30 years ago? 

How about this for a picture tho 

C43D0C02-6DA8-4A1A-8ADA-35F94600A025.jpeg

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Re the price of a pint last, it's hardly a suprise when I'm fairly certain other event organisers/promoters have a % of sales on the night etc.

 

Take That went to Swansea 2 years ago as they demanded 100% of the profit on bar sales, think that included concessions too. They drive a very hard bargain and are pretty ruthless. Heard this from Swansea as well as other national sources.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirm £6 a pint and same for wine for the “ladies”

Traffic was quite light & got to ground in approx. half hour from Emersons Green arriving at 7:00 pm.

Very relaxed and welcoming attitude from all security staff and if anything, over staffed. Hopefully this will be the same going forward.

No long wait at bars and the only long queues I say was for the ladies loos.

Yes lights out in the stands and from where I was in W14 of the Lansdown the vomitory lights didn’t interfere with the view.

Definitely one for the older (my) generation. Sound was good, Rod’s voice fantastic for a 74 year old and was on stage for over 2 hours, so definitely value for money, assuming that you didn’t pay hundreds for the experience, as some hospitality tickets were charging.

Only oddity was how early surrounding bars closed post concert, but Hen & Chicken very welcoming and crowded by 11:15.

Hen & Chicken also had been taken aback by how manic it got pre concert, but say they will be more prepared for future concerts, so if you want to drink and not get ripped off, support the local bars pre and post event.
 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2019 at 22:26, Dollymarie said:

The Take That stage is bloody huge! Can’t wait to see it at Ashton Gate! This is Milton Keynes from earlier today. 

6C2ECBED-FC01-4259-BFC5-BA19615109C2.jpeg

41E3F6F7-901D-4764-B242-521609705D06.png

D98283E3-49AA-4225-A086-AEE74A90F899.png

Following on from @Dollymariepost, here it is lit up

This was at MK Don's last night, not sure if it is a regular booking but Lulu appeared for "Relight my fire" 

20190524_041338.jpg

20190524_041311.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Coppello said:

He will loan them the money which I imagine he will write off further down the line. The rental cost will be deducted from the rugby clubs profit but my understanding is that there is much less of a focus on profit in rugby compared to football. For example, they don't have a maximum loss which is allowable like we do in the Championship. 

The only caveat to this is that from an accounting perspective we can't charge them whatever rent we fancy to boost our profit. Related party transactions (ie those made with directors or a related company) have to be made at an 'arms length' so similar to that as if the rent was received on the open market. 

Your explanations have been really helpful (and surprisingly accessible for the financially-illiterate like me).  Thanks!

Do you do personal accounting recommendations?  

#AskingForAFriend :ph34r:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zippycar said:

Confirm £6 a pint and same for wine for the “ladies”

Traffic was quite light & got to ground in approx. half hour from Emersons Green arriving at 7:00 pm.

Very relaxed and welcoming attitude from all security staff and if anything, over staffed. Hopefully this will be the same going forward.

No long wait at bars and the only long queues I say was for the ladies loos.

Yes lights out in the stands and from where I was in W14 of the Lansdown the vomitory lights didn’t interfere with the view.

Definitely one for the older (my) generation. Sound was good, Rod’s voice fantastic for a 74 year old and was on stage for over 2 hours, so definitely value for money, assuming that you didn’t pay hundreds for the experience, as some hospitality tickets were charging.

Only oddity was how early surrounding bars closed post concert, but Hen & Chicken very welcoming and crowded by 11:15.

Hen & Chicken also had been taken aback by how manic it got pre concert, but say they will be more prepared for future concerts, so if you want to drink and not get ripped off, support the local bars pre and post event.
 

Welcome to Sweden!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chivs said:

Your explanations have been really helpful (and surprisingly accessible for the financially-illiterate like me).  Thanks!

Do you do personal accounting recommendations?  

#AskingForAFriend :ph34r:

Thanks! Sadly not as I live in London but I can moonlight for those on OTIB for a small (very large) fee!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...