IGNORED

no expansion to 48 teams in World cup in 2022

I think a lot of smaller countries would be happy to make it to a World Cup, so the likes of Scotland and the Faroe Islands would probably love a larger World Cup. The issue for me is that it devalues the competition. Hosts have to support more fans and spend more money to host this money-sink, all while advertises decide to not bother when a group is full of smaller countries.

Another issue is that Qatar doesn't have many friends, and opening the World Cup to other nations means adding more people to an already-unstable climate.

25 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Close the shit down. The football League is interrupted by this total unwanted piss shit. A cruel WINTER

Piss poor money laundring shit idiots 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=a+cruel+summer+youtube&adlt=strict&view=detail&mid=B5981B9EBE6B64CBD26CB5981B9EBE6B64CBD26C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Damn.

Tommy has discovered larger font sizes so making it harder to avoid/ignore his rants. :) 

At the rate they're going, soon there'll be more countries qualifying than failing to qualify.

... and based on the venue for the Europa Cup, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to hold a future World Cup tournament in Antartica (with Iceland being odds-on favourite to win!)

35 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

At the rate they're going, soon there'll be more countries qualifying than failing to qualify.

... and based on the venue for the Europa Cup, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to hold a future World Cup tournament in Antartica (with Iceland being odds-on favourite to win!)

Was decided well in advance.

Tbilisi, Georgia- All Spanish final Super Cup 2015.

Bucharest, Romania- All Spanish Europa League Final 2012.

Then you have all-German final in London- okay much easier, granted and an all-Italian CL final in 2003 at Old Trafford, again somewhat easier.

Admittedly, there are some fairly unique circs around this one and it is on balance less than ideal, but the venue was decided a while ago.

Wasn’t 48 teams another typical piece of Blatter lunacy, like the Qatar business? Glad the idea’s gone the same way he has. Bloated, unwieldy, unwanted and over-long tournament that would bore even most diehard football fans to death before it ever got to the serious bit. A rare outbreak of sanity at the dysfunctional nightmare that is FIFA.

Archived