IGNORED

Invent a Football cliche

Southport Red

Right, not much actual stuff to talk about so let’s have some fun. 

Invent your own football saying cliche and let’s see if we can get a winner mentioned by some or other TV pundit.  

Can relate to anything in the game (tactics, formations, passages of play etc). When we get a winner we can start tweeting it etc and see how long until we get it adopted on TV as though it is an actual thing. I suggest we post the phrase then a definition, e.g.

“Passive Pressing”.

That stage in the game when your midfielders are too knackered to challenge for the ball. 

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Right, not much actual stuff to talk about so let’s have some fun. 

Invent your own football saying cliche and let’s see if we can get a winner mentioned by some or other TV pundit.  

Can relate to anything in the game (tactics, formations, passages of play etc). When we get a winner we can start tweeting it etc and see how long until we get it adopted on TV as though it is an actual thing. I suggest we post the phrase then a definition, e.g.

“Passive Pressing”.

That stage in the game when your midfielders are too knackered to challenge for the ball. 

Dominate downtown. (the centre)

So shit I can picture Paul Merson or Robbie Savage using it.

“That’s a folderol” 

A nonsensical appeal for a penalty. 

“That’s a Parson Street”

Someone who starts falling outside of the penalty area, but continues falling into the area with the aim of claiming a penalty. (Based on the common practice of buying a rail ticket from Parson Street Station even if you start from somewhere else) 

10 minutes ago, eardun said:

A game of two thirds.

Like a game of two halves but for fans who leave early for drinks at half-time and before the final whistle.

Disqualified; duplicate of "Dolman Shuffle".

I'll take a Mr. Oven where a player leaves at speed at the final whistle as if he's just remembered leaving the oven on.

Archived