IGNORED

Early Championship 2019/20 Promotion Odds

KingLear

Apologies if this has been posted already (I couldn't see it anywhere), but early SkyBet odds for promotion next season are out...

Fulham 5/2

Leeds 11/4

West Brom 11/4

Cardiff 7/2

Huddersfield 7/2

Stoke 7/2

Middlesbrough 9/2

Sheff Wed 9/2

Swansea 9/2

Brentford 6/1

Bristol City 7/1

Nottm Forest 7/1

Luton 8/1

Birmingham 10/1

Hull 10/1

Preston 10/1

Blackburn 12/1

Barnsley 16/1

Millwall 16/1

QPR 16/1

Reading 16/1

Wigan 16/1

Obviously missing 2 of 4 from Aston Villa/Derby and Charlton/Sunderland. Can't look too much into anything at this stage but 11th favourites for promotion at 7/1 after last season seems a bit stingy, and if (when) we start spending some money I can only see those odds getting shorter not longer.

Also interesting to see Luton at 8/1 seeing as they haven't played at this level since 2007.

4 hours ago, KingLear said:

Apologies if this has been posted already (I couldn't see it anywhere), but early SkyBet odds for promotion next season are out...

Fulham 5/2

Leeds 11/4

West Brom 11/4

Cardiff 7/2

Huddersfield 7/2

Stoke 7/2

Middlesbrough 9/2

Sheff Wed 9/2

Swansea 9/2

Brentford 6/1

Bristol City 7/1

Nottm Forest 7/1

Luton 8/1

Birmingham 10/1

Hull 10/1

Preston 10/1

Blackburn 12/1

Barnsley 16/1

Millwall 16/1

QPR 16/1

Reading 16/1

Wigan 16/1

Obviously missing 2 of 4 from Aston Villa/Derby and Charlton/Sunderland. Can't look too much into anything at this stage but 11th favourites for promotion at 7/1 after last season seems a bit stingy, and if (when) we start spending some money I can only see those odds getting shorter not longer.

Also interesting to see Luton at 8/1 seeing as they haven't played at this level since 2007.

Given the fact we don't have a full division at this stage renders it totally bobbins.

As per usual what a load of tosh. With play offs still to be finalised and squads to be sorted nobody can have a clue. Not that it will improve once the season has started as the EP will post endless inaccurate tables as to who will get relegated and promoted, and will print the daily  predictions of a ‘world class data analyst’ who will constantly get wrong which teams will make the play offs. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I always find it ridiculous that clubs relegated from the Premier League are always favourites for promotion.  

Especially Huddersfield at 7/2. They won something like 3 games in the league last season. Not easy to turn around a team so used to losing as that one.

50 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I'm prepared to be proven wrong but I think Huddersfield will be top 10 at best can't see them doing anything. 

It's obviously early to judge and depends on signings etc. but I don't think any of the three relegated teams are by any means shoo-ins to be challenging.

Next season looks like it could be the most open in a while and few would have called Norwich or Sheffield Utd last season. Two or three teams will likely dominate as that seems to always happen but it is hard to say who those two or three teams will be and at least fifteen or sixteens team will think they have a reasonable chance of a promotion challenge.

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I'm prepared to be proven wrong but I think Huddersfield will be top 10 at best can't see them doing anything. 

Depends- think they need a new manager for a start. Plus a goalscorer- they had a very poor conversion rate last season- stats maybe wrong but from what I read, it took them 18 shots to score a goal last season!

Put a new manager and for example Maupay who they've been linked with before in their side and their prospects improve considerably IMO. Obviously it isn't a magic bullet but Maupay and new manager would definitely make them somewhat more of a threat.

1 hour ago, Lucan said:

No it’s not. That’s how betting works. You take unknown factors into the equation and bet on what you believe is a likely end result.

It is, the transfer window has just opened and we don't know two of the sides who will be in the division next year

You can only start to make an educated guess in early August about who's going to win the league but until then it's pointless

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends- think they need a new manager for a start. Plus a goalscorer- they had a very poor conversion rate last season- stats maybe wrong but from what I read, it took them 18 shots to score a goal last season!

Put a new manager and for example Maupay who they've been linked with before in their side and their prospects improve considerably IMO.

Karlan Grant is/will be a very good striker for them.

But then I'm biased as I was recommending him before he went to Huddersfield.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Karlan Grant is/will be a very good striker for them.

But then I'm biased as I was recommending him before he went to Huddersfield.

True, young, good prospect- maybe he will hit the ground running at this level.

Think they need a Maupay though- mind you so do many clubs including us! Out of range for us price wise but a parachute payment club who haven't overstretched.

Actually, you might well be right- maybe they already have the striker they need. Scored 4 goals in 13 for them in PL in a badly struggling side! Still, think they should go for Maupay- would love him here but likely £20-25m...

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True, young, good prospect- maybe he will hit the ground running at this level.

Think they need a Maupay though- mind you so do many clubs including us! Out of range for us price wise but a parachute payment club who haven't overstretched.

Actually, you might well be right- maybe they already have the striker they need. Scored 4 goals in 13 for them in PL in a badly struggling side! Still, think they should go for Maupay- would love him here but likely £20-25m...

If Grant has a Bobby Reid type season he will be in the Premier League with or without Huddersfield the season after.

Archived