IGNORED

Bath City new kit

Club and Country

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The basketball lot must do too.  Bath must be the first club outside BS to though.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I would assume the Flyers do too.

Pretty sure the Flyers don't have Bristol Sport kits as everybody in the league has their kits made by the same company. Possibly Kappa?

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Pretty sure the Flyers don't have Bristol Sport kits as everybody in the league has their kits made by the same company. Possibly Kappa?

I stand corrected.  Actually I do remember something on here about that.

I think it was stated at the very beginning of making our own kits that we'd like to expand into making other kits for other teams, seems like the first step down that path.

Possibly a lot of local clubs in non-league and others would be interested in having at the very least the distributors as a local contact. Trying to deal with a manufacturer from elsewhere in the UK who doesn't really care about you because you're small volume bust be a nightmare for small clubs.

52 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Correct. The BBL have a deal in place with Kappa which means they provide playing kits for all 12 teams. 

Some people around the league think the Kappa deal though wasn't the best on the table. 

Bristol Sport still produce all other merchandise for the Flyers though away from kits.

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Mangotsfield? Yate? 

Mangotsfield certainly.  I’m involved in youth football in Bristol and Bath and the relationship between Rovers and the Mangos is there for all to see.  I know a bit about Bath City too, and there is certainly a close relationship with Tinnion.  If Bath City’s development plans come off - which isn’t a given - it could be an interesting few years for the club.

First of all, if I were a Bath City fan I would be a bit pissed to see a Bristol Sport logo on my teams kit. If I were Bristol Sport I would've offered to let them put their own branding on it, for a price. f Lansdown and co want to compete with Nike and Adidas, maybe they should open a clothes shop...

Secondly, am i the only person that thinks the three stripes with the different colours would look absolutely stunning on its own? Purple, yellow, and red together might be a bit jarring, but I think it looks bold.

3 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Secondly, am i the only person that thinks the three stripes with the different colours would look absolutely stunning on its own? Purple, yellow, and red together might be a bit jarring, but I think it looks bold.

Would make a decent Romanian national team kit if blue instead of purple ;)

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

First of all, if I were a Bath City fan I would be a bit pissed to see a Bristol Sport logo on my teams kit. If I were Bristol Sport I would've offered to let them put their own branding on it, for a price. f Lansdown and co want to compete with Nike and Adidas, maybe they should open a clothes shop...

Yep, i thought the kit looked good like that too!

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Probably very little, but gives us greater control over design and supply chain (both very important).

There is a lot of stuff posted about how a player signing like Pogba will generate more than his fee and wages from shirt sales over the deal.  It’s complete rubbish.  So if a club like Man Utd don’t make tens of millions, City certainly won’t enough for it to be a huge factor.

Off topic but I find this so funny.. When Ronaldo signed for Juventus the papers were saying Juventus had made their money back within a day from shirt sales. This couldn't be anymore inaccurate, Adidas take about 80% of the revenue from replica kit sales, they are a tiny income stream for clubs & no wonder why we make our own kits now. 

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do we even know if the Bristol Sport kits are actually manufactured locally? I think that’s quite an assumption.

It appears they are manufactured by Vision Outsourcing (Scottish company) and maybe White Label before that ?

I stand to be corrected (no jokes about shoes please).

29 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

This just popped into my head for some reason so thought I'd look at their online shop. Away shirt looks quite nice. 

Anyone know any Bath fans and their thoughts on the shirts? 

It seems reasonably popular here in Bath, though I think last year’s kit was better.  Bath City are doing very well at the moment, presently second in National League South, and Jerry Gill is a very interesting manager (previously head of the academy at Wolves).  If the proposed development of Twerton Park goes ahead as planned, it could be an interesting time for the Romans. 

6 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It seems reasonably popular here in Bath, though I think last year’s kit was better.  Bath City are doing very well at the moment, presently second in National League South, and Jerry Gill is a very interesting manager (previously head of the academy at Wolves).  If the proposed development of Twerton Park goes ahead as planned, it could be an interesting time for the Romans. 

Aslong as they tell those Pikeys to F Off when they inevitably turn up with their begging bowl once the phantom fruit market stadium goes pop.

Archived