IGNORED

Playoff weekend

Red Army 75

Just moved out from up the road for the Valley. Enjoyed living in Charlton and seen them a few times. 

A few decent players: Djicksteel, Aribo, Taylor.

Wouldnt mind Cullen on loan, reminds me a lot of LJ, from West Ham who’s been there this season. 

Unfortunately reckon they will lose Aribo and Bauer to Germany and struggle next season. 

Only 2 stops on the train from my new place though, love another ‘local’ away day.  And so happy Fulham away is back on.

Well done Charlton, rather have them in the Championship next season then Sunderland, (I just don't like them, don't know why, I just don't) Shame hesgoal was freezing throughout the game,  Still I managed to see most of it and especially the goals.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Unfortunately reckon they will lose Aribo

I liked the look of Aribo, neat and tidy, box to box, seems languid in his running but deceptive, gets himself in space all the time and arrives late in the box. Not for us though, probably too similar to Brownhill rather than the creative playmaker we need.

Pleased also. A second home game for me also next season, about 20 minutes on the Thamesmead or Plumstead buses.

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just moved out from up the road for the Valley. Enjoyed living in Charlton and seen them a few times. 

A few decent players: Djicksteel, Aribo, Taylor.

Wouldnt mind Cullen on loan, reminds me a lot of LJ, from West Ham who’s been there this season. 

Unfortunately reckon they will lose Aribo and Bauer to Germany and struggle next season. 

Only 2 stops on the train from my new place though, love another ‘local’ away day.  And so happy Fulham away is back on.

Don't know anything about Aribo, but saw Bauer out of contract and linked with some Championship clubs.

If linked with Germany- could he be an option worth considering on a free? Certainly if Baker and Wright were to leave and Kalas in- purely hypothetical idea though.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cruel for the Mackams.........gotta feel for them conceding  so late......what a bummer.

Fantastic if you’re a Charlton fan.

Im a fan of neither so don’t really care.

Two finals and two defeats and led in both - gotta feel for them, it’s never great losing in a play off final as we know all too well

Anyone else notice? At the end of the game, the PAS blared out "Red, red robin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.

Charlton's most common nickname is The Addicks. The most likely origin of this name is from a local fishmonger, Arthur "Ikey" Bryan, who rewarded the team with meals of haddock and chips

Meanwhile, failure to be promoted has possibly wrecked Sunderland's financial plans. Which of their players will now be available at a reduced price (and would we want them)?

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Charlton would be less of a threat than Sunderland IMO- so that's cautiously optimistic for our prospects next season.

Difficult to know. They look like they try and play football the right way, so might be an attractive option for London based loan players? With Villa or Derby leaving, I much prefer another London side to be honest v Sunderland, location wise.

As an aside, looks like Netflix are going to need a ‘season 2’.

I was listening to the game today on Talk Sport in the car, they were talking to someone mentioning giving a player a cuddle at HT if he’s done bad...I thought not another manager talking like LJ, I didn’t recognise his voice. Then realised it was Him. He must’ve been at the game

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was listening to the game today on Talk Sport in the car, they were talking to someone mentioning giving a player a cuddle at HT if he’s done bad...I thought not another manager talking like LJ, I didn’t recognise his voice. Then realised it was Him. He must’ve been at the game

Showing compassion to any player that’s made a huge error is good man management and the type of thing I’d expect LJ to do.

The cause of the og was largely down to Sarr who was too casual with the pass back to Phillips by putting too much on the ball leaving Phillips flat footed.

He didn’t reappear fo the second half so say for ‘tactical reasons’.............:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Showing compassion to any player that’s made a huge error is good man management and the type of thing I’d expect LJ to do.

The cause of the og was largely down to Sarr who was too casual with the pass back to Phillips by putting too much on the ball leaving Phillips flat footed.

He didn’t reappear fo the second half so say for ‘tactical reasons’.............:cool2:

Yellow card. plus the error?

Archived