IGNORED

Lee Tomlin’s Twitter

Charlie BCFC

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

So he finally has his head screwed on (for anyone that doesnt want to read it, his words, not mine), but never once mentions about moving closer to the club?

His loan move to Peterborough was for personal reasons, and to be closer to his family.

Good luck to him, but I think he and Cardiff will be in a similar position this time next year, because until he moves closer to where he is employed, old habits will kick in.

7 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Agreed. Moving to the Cardiff area would at least show commitment and perhaps suggest a change in outlook to back-up these fine words.

It would be great to see him firing on all cylinders but I'm highly dubious that he's got it in him now to knuckle-down and recover anything like his form of several seasons ago.

I am so glad he’s no longer with us .

LJ will have learned a lot from Tomlin’s time at City .

I seem to remember the Bournemouth fans saying all this about Tomlin when he came to us in loan. 

To be honest I see this as a sad waste of talent. He clearly has some great skills - we caught a glimpse of them during his loan period- but attitude and effort (lack of) mean that they’re being wasted. 

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a role model. 

6 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I seem to remember the Bournemouth fans saying all this about Tomlin when he came to us in loan. 

To be honest I see this as a sad waste of talent. He clearly has some great skills - we caught a glimpse of them during his loan period- but attitude and effort (lack of) mean that they’re being wasted. 

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a role model. 

To be honest, with the difficulties he’s going through, it shows that whatever money he is on hasn’t been able to make him happy in any way. 

Hes gone up in my book by coming out with his struggles, that makes him a role model to many young men who will be going through similar stuff but feel afraid to share it

8 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

£20 a week or £20,000 a week if you're mentally ill your ill. Money won't make a difference.

3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a roll model

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be honest, with the difficulties he’s going through, it shows that whatever money he is on hasn’t been able to make him happy in any way. 

Hes gone up in my book by coming out with his struggles, that makes him a role model to many young men who will be going through similar stuff but feel afraid to share it

Absolutely. I lost my brother just before Christmas when he lost his own battle with his mental health issues, and if anyone’s struggle helps even one more person reevaluate their own well-being and seek help/talk things through with someone/open up then it can only be a good thing. 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why the penis emoji @BRISTOL86 I have family members who do it so I know what I’m talking about(See you deleted it before people think I’m off my rocker and seeing things )

Apologies. I saw your mention about your family member and removed my reaction as it was poor on my part. The initial statement just shocked me having only ever known people with genuine problems. 

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not but let’s not forget people are using it as a excuse nowadays for being bone idle 

If that is happening is very very tiny minority and comments like that are incredibly unhelpful. One of the big barriers to people seeking help is that themselves feel they are attention seeking, or others will think they are. Comments like yours just perpetuate myths around mental health. 

Archived