IGNORED

Lee Tomlin’s Twitter

Charlie BCFC

Getting back on track Tomlin should be a really good championship player. I like to recall him on his loam period here when clearly not fit was still unplayable on occasions.  Think back to that Huddersfield game 

we all know it went pear shaped following season and many still suspect today he missed a pen on purpose ? when he blasted that one almost over the Atyeo.  Perhaps it all makes sense now. 

Either way  it might be good news for cardiff, an interesting watch see what happens,  few weeks back there forum wanted to get rid asap  

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have upmost sympathy for anyone going through mental health issues. Very lonely place to be . Regardless of what I think of him. Fair shout to the bloke and good luck to him 

For someone who has faced these kind of battles on a daily basis for a while now I have the upmost respect for him, it's certainly not easy recognising your problems and speaking out about them 

Diet and lifestyle have a bit effect on mental health.  I hope he continues with the changes he's made and enjoys a good career for the years he has left playing.  (Except against us).

When the football stops he'll face another challenge to his mental health as he loses his purpose.  Who know maybe this is an area he can work in and help others?

Its never too late to change who you are. 

Well done to him for speaking out.  Mental health can fester for years before somebody seeks help, unfortunately for some, it clouds their judgement so much that they don't make it through.  Best wishes to him, and I hope that he enjoys a healthy future with his boys.

I had honestly figured in the past that his personality type was susceptible to mental health problems which would be suppressed and kept hidden, but nowhere on this level. I have yet to have the ‘pleasure’ of a long commute to my job but I imagine it gives you a lot of thinking time which can equate to absolute torture if you are already in a bad state.

I still find him personally dislikable, yet these people are the most crucial ambassadors for opening up about mental health problems, since they can speak effectively to demographics that still continue to ignore issues such as this. Same with Tyson Fury. Found many things that he has said to be deplorable but his conversations about mental health and wanting to help others are very poignant and hugely significant in communicating to men aged 35-59 in particular.

Maybe he can now have the career he should have had.

Marcus Trescothick retired last month after a superb career that looked at one stage like it was going to be derailed at one point by mental health problems.

He instead spoke out about them, got some help, took some time out, and went on to have one of the best county batting careers ever.

His career was a real good news story so maybe Lee's could be the same.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe he can now have the career he should have had.

Marcus Trescothick retired last month after a superb career that looked at one stage like it was going to be derailed at one point by mental health problems.

He instead spoke out about them, got some help, took some time out, and went on to have one of the best county batting careers ever.

His career was a real good news story so maybe Lee's could be the same.

Well meaning posts and a decent observation

But Marcus’s anxiety and problems came when he was travelling abroad away from home and family

By retiring from International cricket he was , thankfully able to immediately have a massive positive impact on his situation

I don’t know what Tomlins underlying issue(s) are , I think some clues may have leaked out on this forum but they are irrelevant to all but Tomlin

I don’t know whether he is or has been able to resolve , rectify, or at the very least improve , the root issue(s) and  the initial cause then he may be in for a tough battle

Hope he stays in a better place

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Lee Tomlin just signed a two year extension with Cardiff, amazing how a change of manager gets a player performing better 

Play well, gets a new contract and then the inevitable happens?? I wouldn't be surprised to see his form/attitude go back downhill now he's got his shiny new contract.

14 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Play well, gets a new contract and then the inevitable happens?? I wouldn't be surprised to see his form/attitude go back downhill now he's got his shiny new contract.

I used to think he blew up to engineer moves, but now I think he's just a ticking time bomb, and will inevitably have a major, no coming back from it, bust up with Harris at some future point.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Lee Tomlin just signed a two year extension with Cardiff, amazing how a change of manager gets a player performing better 

Better managers than Harris haven't managed to get the best out of him - maybe he has changed, maybe Harris has worked his magic. We'll see in time whether it lasts.

In the last five years he must have been at half a dozen clubs, yes I guess half of them were loan spells. Even though he has signed for two years for Cardiff what’s the chances of him staying there and playing, very little I expect? He can’t seem to settle anywhere for long.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

He hasn't had a signing on fee for about 2 years, he must have been clucking like a skint smackhead on Turbo Island.

Yes can now afford the fine for his next petty crime, as well as fuel for his daily commute from Leicester in whatever car he is going to spend a fortune on.

• Admin
2 hours ago, RonWalker said:

Better managers than Harris haven't managed to get the best out of him - maybe he has changed, maybe Harris has worked his magic. We'll see in time whether it lasts.

Just like O'Driscoll was the only one to consistently get the best out of JET

I guess sometimes things just click 

4 hours ago, Natchfever said:

I have no idea do you? 

Genuine question by the way. 

Howe comes across well but not heard reports either way via former players. 

I think Tomlin will revert to type by the way but you never know. 

Not anecdotally but I don’t think you take a side from the fourth tier to the first and keep them there, with some of the same players joining you for most if not all of the ride, unless you have some serious man management skills to get the best out of them.

Archived