Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Flint says No

Lee Tomlin’s Twitter

4 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

The annual pre-season ‘he’s looking in great shape’ article has been published: 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/completely-forgotten-cardiff-city-maverick-16460808

He’ll likely be competing with Reid and Paterson for the No.10 position so will be way down the pecking-order I would think.

Probably a condition of his contract that he has to return at 'x' weight and in 'y' state, else there will be massive fines.

2 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/completely-forgotten-cardiff-city-maverick-16460808

He’ll likely be competing with Reid and Paterson for the No.10 position so will be way down the pecking-order I would think.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably a condition of his contract that he has to return at 'x' weight and in 'y' state, else there will be massive fines.

Possibly @Bristol Rob, but the devil inside me thinks it's more of a bluff from Cardiff in the hope that someone will see that, think "if he's fit he'd be a great signing"......

If they want to sell, they're hardly going to say "Tomlins come back, looks like shit, 2 stone overweight, and because of that we're going to sell him."

Tomlin in shape and on form, as we all know is one of the best players in the division. Average Tomlin is like playing with 9 or 10 men, and starts rubbing people up the wrong way. I think Cardiff will try to recoup as much as they can for him, and maybe even pay his contract up if someone is interested lower down the league(s).

I would be amazed if he is still under contract ar Cardiff by close of the January transfer window. I say January as I think someone will try to take him on loan until then, and maybe finalise it later in the season if all goes well... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

Possibly @Bristol Rob, but the devil inside me thinks it's more of a bluff from Cardiff in the hope that someone will see that, think "if he's fit he'd be a great signing"......

If they want to sell, they're hardly going to say "Tomlins come back, looks like shit, 2 stone overweight, and because of that we're going to sell him."

Tomlin in shape and on form, as we all know is one of the best players in the division. Average Tomlin is like playing with 9 or 10 men, and starts rubbing people up the wrong way. I think Cardiff will try to recoup as much as they can for him, and maybe even pay his contract up if someone is interested lower down the league(s).

I would be amazed if he is still under contract ar Cardiff by close of the January transfer window. I say January as I think someone will try to take him on loan until then, and maybe finalise it later in the season if all goes well... 

Peterborough is the only club that suits him.

5 hours ago, Taz said:

Are you suggesting Tomlin would deliberately play well for a short time just to get a new club (and hefty signing on fee) before reverting to type?

I'm shocked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Are you suggesting Tomlin would deliberately play well for a short time just to get a new club (and hefty signing on fee) before reverting to type?

I'm shocked!

No of course not....

:whistle2:

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 13:46, Bristol Rob said:

Peterborough is the only club that suits him.

What about FC Twente (stone)?

• Haha 1

On 22/06/2019 at 11:19, Keyardiv said:

As usual, Tomlin is deleting his posts as quickly as he's making them. But if the Wales Online article is accurate, the following quote says it all:

"Another week to get fitter," wrote Tomlin, while on a golfing holiday in Marbella.

Taking healthy living advice from him, I'm just off to Greggs to start my new diet 🤪

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:13, Xiled said:

As usual, Tomlin is deleting his posts as quickly as he's making them. But if the Wales Online article is accurate, the following quote says it all:

"Another week to get fitter," wrote Tomlin, while on a golfing holiday in Marbella.

Taking healthy living advice from him, I'm just off to Greggs to start my new diet 🤪

I hope you had a full English to fortify yourself before you embarked on your quest for fitness.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hope you had a full English to fortify yourself before you embarked on your quest for fitness.

I'm in better shape than Tomlin and he's got 17 years on me!

Amazing, he's knuckling down now to get his biannual move for a big signing on fee somewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

So he finally has his head screwed on (for anyone that doesnt want to read it, his words, not mine), but never once mentions about moving closer to the club?

His loan move to Peterborough was for personal reasons, and to be closer to his family.

Good luck to him, but I think he and Cardiff will be in a similar position this time next year, because until he moves closer to where he is employed, old habits will kick in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meh said:

C024F60B-64D4-4A26-8E26-78BB1B29CB60.jpeg

He could look like Ronaldo, but if he attitude is as bad as in the past it wont matter a bit

It’s not just losing weight. To be a really successful footballer, he’d need a personality transplant. Unfortunately you can’t buy common sense, generosity or humility.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taz said:

So he finally has his head screwed on (for anyone that doesnt want to read it, his words, not mine), but never once mentions about moving closer to the club?

His loan move to Peterborough was for personal reasons, and to be closer to his family.

Good luck to him, but I think he and Cardiff will be in a similar position this time next year, because until he moves closer to where he is employed, old habits will kick in.

Agreed. Moving to the Cardiff area would at least show commitment and perhaps suggest a change in outlook to back-up these fine words.

It would be great to see him firing on all cylinders but I'm highly dubious that he's got it in him now to knuckle-down and recover anything like his form of several seasons ago.

Edited by Keyardiv
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Agreed. Moving to the Cardiff area would at least show commitment and perhaps suggest a change in outlook to back-up these fine words.

It would be great to see him firing on all cylinders but I'm highly dubious that he's got it in him now to knuckle-down and recover anything like his form of several seasons ago.

I am so glad he’s no longer with us .

LJ will have learned a lot from Tomlin’s time at City .

• Like 2

I was quite critical of his attitude, but put it down to his 'genius' not being appreciated by anyone but himself, but if he was undiagnosed with an illness, that changes things somewhat.

I hope he gets the support and help he needs.

• Like 3

I seem to remember the Bournemouth fans saying all this about Tomlin when he came to us in loan. 

To be honest I see this as a sad waste of talent. He clearly has some great skills - we caught a glimpse of them during his loan period- but attitude and effort (lack of) mean that they’re being wasted. 

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a role model. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Predictive text error
  • Aubergine 4
  • Snake 1

6 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I seem to remember the Bournemouth fans saying all this about Tomlin when he came to us in loan. 

To be honest I see this as a sad waste of talent. He clearly has some great skills - we caught a glimpse of them during his loan period- but attitude and effort (lack of) mean that they’re being wasted. 

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a role model. 

To be honest, with the difficulties he’s going through, it shows that whatever money he is on hasn’t been able to make him happy in any way. 

Hes gone up in my book by coming out with his struggles, that makes him a role model to many young men who will be going through similar stuff but feel afraid to share it

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

£20 a week or £20,000 a week if you're mentally ill your ill. Money won't make a difference.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Shame all round really. Still, I suppose he can say to his grandkids that he managed to earn £20k per WEEK for doing sweet F-all. What a roll model

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. Mental health is no laughing matter. 

He laughed at me, bants apparently

Edited by alexukhc

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be honest, with the difficulties he’s going through, it shows that whatever money he is on hasn’t been able to make him happy in any way. 

Hes gone up in my book by coming out with his struggles, that makes him a role model to many young men who will be going through similar stuff but feel afraid to share it

Absolutely. I lost my brother just before Christmas when he lost his own battle with his mental health issues, and if anyone’s struggle helps even one more person reevaluate their own well-being and seek help/talk things through with someone/open up then it can only be a good thing. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. Mental health is no laughing matter. 

It’s not but let’s not forget people are using it as a excuse nowadays for being bone idle 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 26/06/2019 at 06:52, Meh said:

C024F60B-64D4-4A26-8E26-78BB1B29CB60.jpeg

A selfie photo of a slightly less fat **** 

Edited by Judda

7 minutes ago, Judda said:

A selfie photo of a slightly less fat **** 

To be fair he’s not only lost weight but he’s grown about 5 foot,he’s going to have to crawl out the door behind him

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why the penis emoji @BRISTOL86 I have family members who do it so I know what I’m talking about(See you deleted it before people think I’m off my rocker and seeing things )

Apologies. I saw your mention about your family member and removed my reaction as it was poor on my part. The initial statement just shocked me having only ever known people with genuine problems. 

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not but let’s not forget people are using it as a excuse nowadays for being bone idle 

If that is happening is very very tiny minority and comments like that are incredibly unhelpful. One of the big barriers to people seeking help is that themselves feel they are attention seeking, or others will think they are. Comments like yours just perpetuate myths around mental health. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is very hard to confront and deal with mental health issues. For Tomlin in the public eye it must have been a terrible time for him. I hope he continues his recovery process and is able to have continued support. 

• Like 1

Getting back on track Tomlin should be a really good championship player. I like to recall him on his loam period here when clearly not fit was still unplayable on occasions.  Think back to that Huddersfield game 

we all know it went pear shaped following season and many still suspect today he missed a pen on purpose 😫 when he blasted that one almost over the Atyeo.  Perhaps it all makes sense now. 

Either way  it might be good news for cardiff, an interesting watch see what happens,  few weeks back there forum wanted to get rid asap  

I have upmost sympathy for anyone going through mental health issues. Very lonely place to be . Regardless of what I think of him. Fair shout to the bloke and good luck to him 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have upmost sympathy for anyone going through mental health issues. Very lonely place to be . Regardless of what I think of him. Fair shout to the bloke and good luck to him 

For someone who has faced these kind of battles on a daily basis for a while now I have the upmost respect for him, it's certainly not easy recognising your problems and speaking out about them 

• Like 10

I'll always remember that free kick at Fulham, hope he goes on to have a long and healthy life.

But...has a ****ing nightmare at Ashton Gate 

• Like 1