Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Flint says No

Lee Tomlin’s Twitter

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. Mental health is no laughing matter. 

He has done and he credits it for sorting him out.

Deliberately driving his car off the road at speed and not caring what happened shows how low he was.

• Like 1

Diet and lifestyle have a bit effect on mental health.  I hope he continues with the changes he's made and enjoys a good career for the years he has left playing.  (Except against us).

When the football stops he'll face another challenge to his mental health as he loses his purpose.  Who know maybe this is an area he can work in and help others?

Its never too late to change who you are. 

• Like 2

Well done to him for speaking out.  Mental health can fester for years before somebody seeks help, unfortunately for some, it clouds their judgement so much that they don't make it through.  Best wishes to him, and I hope that he enjoys a healthy future with his boys.

• Like 1

I had honestly figured in the past that his personality type was susceptible to mental health problems which would be suppressed and kept hidden, but nowhere on this level. I have yet to have the ‘pleasure’ of a long commute to my job but I imagine it gives you a lot of thinking time which can equate to absolute torture if you are already in a bad state.

I still find him personally dislikable, yet these people are the most crucial ambassadors for opening up about mental health problems, since they can speak effectively to demographics that still continue to ignore issues such as this. Same with Tyson Fury. Found many things that he has said to be deplorable but his conversations about mental health and wanting to help others are very poignant and hugely significant in communicating to men aged 35-59 in particular.

• Like 1

Maybe he can now have the career he should have had.

Marcus Trescothick retired last month after a superb career that looked at one stage like it was going to be derailed at one point by mental health problems.

He instead spoke out about them, got some help, took some time out, and went on to have one of the best county batting careers ever.

His career was a real good news story so maybe Lee's could be the same.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe he can now have the career he should have had.

Marcus Trescothick retired last month after a superb career that looked at one stage like it was going to be derailed at one point by mental health problems.

He instead spoke out about them, got some help, took some time out, and went on to have one of the best county batting careers ever.

His career was a real good news story so maybe Lee's could be the same.

Well meaning posts and a decent observation

But Marcus’s anxiety and problems came when he was travelling abroad away from home and family

By retiring from International cricket he was , thankfully able to immediately have a massive positive impact on his situation

I don’t know what Tomlins underlying issue(s) are , I think some clues may have leaked out on this forum but they are irrelevant to all but Tomlin

I don’t know whether he is or has been able to resolve , rectify, or at the very least improve , the root issue(s) and  the initial cause then he may be in for a tough battle

Hope he stays in a better place

• Like 1