IGNORED

Champions League / UEFA League Finals - Free to air?

INCRED

I am sure I have seen it stated in the media that BT Sport are showing the final Free to air

I have the BT channels on sky but am not a subscriber so have not been able to watch any of the European cup competitions so far. I take it I will be able to now for the finals?

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I am sure I have seen it stated in the media that BT Sport are showing the final Free to air

I have the BT channels on sky but am not a subscriber so have not been able to watch any of the European cup competitions so far. I take it I will be able to now for the finals?

You can watch it on the bt website or their YouTube channel for free,it won’t be on any bt channels on your sky box 

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t know why but I’m guessing sky won’t allow it,i use navi x to watch any champions league games it’s basically sky commentators on a American network 

Pretty sure it will be on Hesgoal as well.

• Admin

BT Sport committed to showing the Champions League final for free when it purchased the rights, in order to allow as wide an audience as possible to view it.

It has yet to be confirmed how exactly they will do is, but it is likely that it will be available to live stream on the BT Sport YouTube channel.

BT may also opt to restore the Freeview BT Sport Showcase channel, which was on air between 2015 and 2018.

All Virgin TV customers will be able to watch the Champions League for free.

These are the ways football fans can watch both matches on Virgin TV:

• All Virgin TV customers can watch in HD on Channel 100
  • All Virgin TV customers with a V6 set top box can watch in 4K UHD via a pop up ‘Finals’ channel found on Channel  532
  • All Virgin TV customers can also watch on Virgin TV Go on their chosen device

Whatever happens, EE phone subscribers will be able to catch the action for FREE by signing up for three-month trial.

You can do this by texting SPORT to 150 or phoning 07953 966502 and follow the instructions.

The free trial will allow you to watch all BT Sport channels - excluding the red button options - via the app, while free casting to your television is also included.

At the end of your free trial, you can continue using this service, but it will cost £5 a month for the app and £10 per month to cast.

You can cancel at any time during the free trial, simply by texting STOP SPORT to 150.

This article on the BT Sport website explains the situation perfectly:

https://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-europa-league-finals-S11364002870161

BT to show free-to-air UEFA Champions League and Europa League finals

The Champions League and Europa League finals will be our best connected finals, with more ways to watch than ever before. Fans can watch on the BT Sport app, BTSport.com, BT Sport's YouTube channel and on Virgin TV.

BT will be showing the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals for FREE.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool and Chelsea v Arsenal will be the best connected finals ever, with anyone in the UK able to watch exclusively live on BT Sport.

Both finals will be available to live stream on the BT Sport app, for small and large screen devices, on BTSport.com (at btsport.com/final on each matchday), via BT Sport’s YouTube channel and for free on Virgin TV.

As ever app viewers can experience the finals in VR360 on a mobile or tablet, either watching a fully produced programme with commentary from Spencer Owen aka Spencer FC or by selecting a specific camera viewpoint.

BT Sport subscribers will also be treated to a world first with the Champions League final available in HD High Dynamic Range (HDR) on the app, ahead of the launch of 4K HDR later this year.

How to watch the finals on TV

a-136436334860702601

If you're planning to watch either final on a BT TV or Sky set-top box will need to have a BT Sport subscription, while Virgin Media set-top boxes will show both games for free.

How to watch the finals digitally

a-136436397419702601

Watch on all on mobiles, tablets, and selected smart TVs and games consoles via the BT Sport app, as well as online via BTSport.com or YouTube.

*Only the Champions League final will be shown in HD HDR. Anyone intending to watch in HD HDR will need a BT Sport subscription and the BT Sport app on mobile, tablet, Samsung Smart TVs (2015 onwards), Apple TV 4K, Chromecast Ultra or Xbox One (X and S).

**The BT Sport app will show both finals for free on the following large-screen platforms/devices and games consoles: Samsung Smart TVs (2015 onwards), Apple TV 4K, Chromecast Ultra and Xbox One (X and S).

Champions League final - broadcast details

To whet your appetite for Saturday's showpiece our build up will start on Friday 31 May with two preview shows, with BT Sport heading to the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium to watch the two teams train.

Live on BT Sport 1 HD or via live stream on the BT Sport app and BTSport.com, coverage of Liverpool’s session will be from 4.30pm before Tottenham take to the pitch an hour later at 5.30pm.

Our coverage of the final itself begins at 6pm on Saturday 1 June, with Gary Lineker leading our stellar cast through the coverage on BT Sport 2 HD and 4K UHD.

The award-winning enhanced video player, featuring an interactive timeline, multi-cam replays, goal alerts and much more, will also be available on the BT Sport app via mobile or tablet and on BTSport.com.

Europa League final - broadcast details

Former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas and ex-Blues star Eidur Gudjohnsen will be part of our team for the live coverage of the Europa League final.

Like the Champions League final, we begin with a preview show live from Baku on Tuesday 28 May, live on BT Sport 1 HD from 6pm.

Then on Wednesday 29 May our final coverage begins at 6.30pm on BT Sport 2 HD and in 4K UHD, with both days' coverage available to live stream on the BT Sport app and BTSport.com.

The enhanced video player will also be available across mobile, tablet and BTSport.com for the battle of the London rivals.

21 hours ago, phantom said:

I only realised a few weeks ago I could do this !

I just use my sky box hdmi cable pull it out the back and connect to my lap top, haven't got the hang of this chrome cast thing, my way works just as well if anybody wants to do it that way.

Archived