IGNORED

Terry Cooper reduced me to tears ...

BS4 on Tour...

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

My recall is often tested on here but as I remember we offered 20k, they wanted 30k. Cooper himself went to the tribunal and made the point that if they really rated Walsh that highly, they would have been paying him better. So we ended up getting him for less than we originally offered. :)

That’s pretty much as I remember it too. What a deal.

Legend is a much over-used word, especially in football, but if there's one person it's right for then it's Terry Cooper. In over 50 years of supporting City, there's no-one else, and no-one else's time at the club, that I think of with greater affection. 

He did so much, at a time when we were rock bottom, and did it with such energy and with such good nature. I've still got the hand-written reply he sent me when I wrote and begged him not to resign, as he threatened to do after our so called fans embarrassed the club at Reading. 

Its shocking that he has no recognition at the club. I don't know what's involved, but if there's any sort of group or initiative, or just a contribution needed to get something done then I'd be so pleased to help.

To sum up things so far. I am contacting various people over the coming days to help plan a campaign to get long overdue recognition from the club for Terry.

Furthermore I will be speaking to the prominent fans groups and forums to not only work together on the campaign but also raise the funds to hopefully (health permitting) bring Terry over from Tenerife (where I understand he lives now) to Ashton Gate so we as fans can have opportunity to say our thanks to the man himself. Anyone, in particular younger fans  need only read through this thread to see how much we have to thank him for.

I will update everyone on here in a few days but in the meantime anyone who wants to help in anyway please pm me for my contact details. Thanks !

16 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally agree mate, TC did wonders for this club. We were at our lowest ebb and he turned the club around, not with money, but with coaching and a very big heart.

Get him to walk out on the pitch before a game or at half time, what an ovation we would give him.

As others have said, something at AG should be named after him. He’s a major part of why our club is still actually going.

Spot on what a guy

22 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I am loving all the replies on here and having made the suggestion earlier I do feel that it would be a privilege to do something and maybe on two levels.

Firstly if at all possible to gather fan support to fund a trip over where we can show him some of the love we clearly have for him and secondly to co-ordinate a campaign that the club give a suitable honour (statue/ stand naming whatever) to this man who for many of us is a legend above all others. I guess it’s going to involve a lot of work and time which is no problem for me but I would welcome help from anyone else interested to make these things happen. I do have some media/press experience so that won’t be a problem.

All suggestions/help will be gratefully received.  

Hi mate - I’m totally with you on this - I’ve also worked extensively with the media over many, many years - so could hopefully help you with all that. Still got some great contacts etc ...

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hi mate - I’m totally with you on this - I’ve also worked extensively with the media over many, many years - so could hopefully help you with all that. Still got some great contacts etc ...

Brilliant thanks BS4 , PM me your details and availability as I probably need to get one or 2 of us together to make plans shortly.

The same goes for anyone else wanting to help thanks. The response already has been great,  not surprising though as it involves such a well deserving legend.

Archived