IGNORED

VILLA OR DERBY ?

77 punk

17 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Hope it goes to extra-time and pens. Then when it comes to sudden death pens whenever Derby miss one, Villa miss one and whenever Derby score one, Villa do likewise and the shootout is still in progress at the start of next season and doesn't finish until some time in November by which time it's too late for the winner to take their place in the prem and Frank Lampard has been away from home for so long that Christine Breaknee divorces him. But can't see it happening really.

Bizarre. That is exactly what I want as well (just without the marriage failure bit).

I've been hoping for this outcome ever since the two final teams were known.

Overall I'd rather Derby, but neither are particularly desirable.

Ideally- and this won't happen but why not...Derby, then EFL worried about Gibson legal action put on hold Derby's promotion until their meeting at end of season.

At the meeting (in Portugal I believe!?) each Championship rep gets a vote on the simple question: "Is Derby County's promotion legitimate and fair"? Simple majority will do.

3 hours ago, CitySlam said:

It's already being reported that we are backing the rams, after being incited by Lee Johnson

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/serious-ffp-problems-play-final-16332346

Villa fans and local media have a bizarre definition of obsession. This is Birmingham's main newspaper, dedicating an article to Bristol City fans who were merely asked a question about a match - and apparently we are obsessed? Says the paper which has published an article about us for their fans that can't stop commenting on us.

I have literally no idea where this Villa "rivalry" has come from, more so why they hate Lee Johnson so much. The obsession truly seems to be one way. On the balance of history they are well within their rights to say we should be irrelevant to them... but they can't help but keep stoking up an imaginary rivalry. What a very odd bunch.

Unsurprisingly, Derby for me. Not because I care less about Villa, but simply never understood where the dislike of Derby comes from. Fans very decent in pubs at games up there, you couldn't exactly say they bought the league the way Villa tried, in fact FL has merely replicated LJ in bringing in the best Premiership teenagers he can get.

The FFP stadium sale thing doesn't sit right with me, and they clearly rode their luck with generous refereeing in the run in, but it's not like they've made the decisions in either case. Their performance at Leeds in the semis was exceptional, good luck to them. I won't be cheering but it'll hurt a little less if it's them and not the obsessives.

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

Villa fans and local media have a bizarre definition of obsession. This is Birmingham's main newspaper, dedicating an article to Bristol City fans who were merely asked a question about a match - and apparently we are obsessed? Says the paper which has published an article about us for their fans that can't stop commenting on us.

I have literally no idea where this Villa "rivalry" has come from, more so why they hate Lee Johnson so much. The obsession truly seems to be one way. On the balance of history they are well within their rights to say we should be irrelevant to them... but they can't help but keep stoking up an imaginary rivalry. What a very odd bunch.

Unsurprisingly, Derby for me. Not because I care less about Villa, but simply never understood where the dislike of Derby comes from. Fans very decent in pubs at games up there, you couldn't exactly say they bought the league the way Villa tried, in fact FL has merely replicated LJ in bringing in the best Premiership teenagers he can get.

The FFP stadium sale thing doesn't sit right with me, and they clearly rode their luck with generous refereeing in the run in, but it's not like they've made the decisions in either case. Their performance at Leeds in the semis was exceptional, good luck to them. I won't be cheering but it'll hurt a little less if it's them and not the obsessives.

The Derby dislike for me is directly attributable to when Frank Lampard became their boss which then started the media love-in. But as you say, he has followed a similar ploy as used by LJ and he was actually very complimentary about Bristol City when they came to AG. Plus, I thought he was a bloody good midfielder for England, indeed, better, imho, than Gerrard who was always the one being lauded. I think I will stop the Derby hating from this point on. Just in time to kind of support them this afternoon.

We also beat Derby in the semi-final replay of 1909 (having secured a fortunate draw in the first game with a somewhat dubious last minute penalty converted by Rippon). We also went down with Derby from the top flight in 1980. So, perhaps they aren't a bad lot.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Phew..! 

Thanks for letting us know..! 

When I saw the title of this topic, I just had to read on into, to discover your opinion. Can you imagine my relief now that I know you don’t actually have one. 

I don’t know what these threads would do without clarification on your indifference, so thank you for saving us all from spending our bank holiday distracted by your position. 

I’d rather Villa stayed down, personally. 

That right there is the put down of the year, class!

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Robbored has a surprisingly high post count considering he isn't interested in 95% of the content on OTIB.

But there are a lot of threads that he feels the need to tell us that he has no interest in..! 

Archived