IGNORED

VILLA OR DERBY ?

77 punk

Just now, BOSRed said:

Anyone else think John mcginn's eyes, ears, nose and mouth are waaaaay too small for his face? Funniest looking player I've seen in a while. Never trust a man with tiny eyes

I’m sure his £20k+ a week more than makes up for it. 

21 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

The best outcome for us, thinking about next season: Villa is a tougher opponent than Derby, so we'll have more chances to gain points.

Weaker division next year for sure...no doubting that..

'Should be targeting the coming season as a great oppertunity - if we can't make playoff's we should pack it in!

6 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Anyone else think John mcginn's eyes, ears, nose and mouth are waaaaay too small for his face? Funniest looking player I've seen in a while. Never trust a man with tiny eyes

Harry Wilson also the weirdest looking horse mouth I’ve seen 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How is Lampard over rated? Appears to be doing a very solid job in first gig at management. 

He took derby to a point below where they finished last season, whilst being given 3 of the prems Best youngsters in the process.

When they beat Leeds, Clinton Morrison was comparing him to klopp and pochetino...

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He took derby to a point below where they finished last season, whilst being given 3 of the prems Best youngsters in the process.

When they beat Leeds, Clinton Morrison was comparing him to klopp and pochetino...

He’s off to Chelsea , his interview on sky shows he knows no money next year 

28 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Weaker division next year for sure...no doubting that..

'Should be targeting the coming season as a great oppertunity - if we can't make playoff's we should pack it in!

I’m not sure how it’s looking a weaker division next season..?  

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Probably the weakest Championship I can remember with 3 beatable teams coming down/going up an Norwich and Villa gone. 

I agree.

There are no stand out teams with Norwich and Blades gone and now Villa. 

At a guess I reckon the Baggies will be a force and there’s always one club that surprises everyone - lets hope it’s us......

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I agree.

At a guess I reckon the Baggies will be a force and there’s always one club that surprises everyone - lets hope it’s us......

This time last year did anyone have Norwich and Sheff Utd down as "stand out" teams?

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure how it’s looking a weaker division next season..?  

Looks weaker to me have to say.  No teams next year scream out and out favourites and whilst I appreciate those teams don’t always do well it looks a far more level playing field next year in terms of team’s ability.  

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pretty happy with that, dont rate Derby at all (no wins away from PP v 11 for what, 6 months?) and can see us finally overtaking them next season.

Pleased for Tammy to have success too and lets be honest Villa are not a Champ club

Couldn't really care less. That's what happens when you join bigger teams for massive bucks

13 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Probably the weakest Championship I can remember with 3 beatable teams coming down/going up an Norwich and Villa gone. 

3 teams coming down, with premier league money. All of which are stronger & richer than when they recently got promoted from the championship. 

Nobody of any note got relegated. Replaced by Luton & Barnsley who might struggle, but I think Charlton might do ok. 

Lots of good teams remain in the division, who get stronger. 

I don’t really see it as being any weaker. Maybe not as many “big” clubs in stature, but I don’t think the quality will be any less. 

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Looks weaker to me have to say.  No teams next year scream out and out favourites and whilst I appreciate those teams don’t always do well it looks a far more level playing field next year in terms of team’s ability.  

You had Norwich & Sheffield United down to win promotion in August, did you..? 

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This time last year did anyone have Norwich and Sheff Utd down as "stand out" teams?

Certainly Norwich were but less so the Blades.They were pretty much off everyone’s radar including mine.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Certainly Norwich were but less so the Blades.They were pretty much off everyone’s radar including mine.

I don’t think anyone had Norwich down as being any major threat this season. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You had Norwich & Sheffield United down to win promotion in August, did you..? 

That’s not the point. I didn't ‘have’ anyone down, It’s too difficult a division to call every year.  But I still think it looks a more level playing field next season overall. 

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I agree.

Baggies, Leeds, Derby plus all the relegated teams. Then there’s a block of teams like Swansea, Brentford, us, Stoke, Boro, Hull, Sheffield Weds, Forest, Brum, and so on, who could all do well with a decent  summer. 

Initial thoughts on who might struggle, you’d have to think probably Wigan, Millwall, Luton, maybe QPR & Reading..? 

So only leaves Charlton, Barnsley, Blackburn & Preston that are likely to be dull middtable, but I doubt it will pan out that way..! 

Right now I’d say there were 15 teams (at least) who’d Fancy themselves as at least play off challengers. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Baggies, Leeds, Derby plus all the relegated teams. Then there’s a block of teams like Swansea, Brentford, us, Stoke, Boro, Hull, Sheffield Weds, Forest, Brum, and so on, who could all do well with a decent  summer. 

Initial thoughts on who might struggle, you’d have to think probably Wigan, Millwall, Luton, maybe QPR & Reading..? 

So only leaves Charlton, Barnsley, Blackburn & Preston that are likely to be dull middtable, but I doubt it will pan out that way..! 

Right now I’d say there were 15 teams (at least) who’d Fancy themselves as at least play off challengers. 

And that’s what make this league so good and interesting 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Can only echo the Sky coverage superlatives.

Against all the odds. Remarkable achievement by Villa.

Two clubs allowed by the EFL to do whatever they fancy under FFP.

Two clubs unendingly and disproportionately indulged by EFL match officials.

Incredible that they both got here and even more incredible one of them has won it. 

What. An. Accomplishment. To do it with the deck continually stacked against everyone else.

Fair play, that is quite some achievement. Hope the EFL get the credit they deserve before long too.

Agree with all that, the problem is the clubs that make up the rest of the Championship - they should be ensuring that all clubs in the division abide by the rules.

It looks currently that only Boro are prepared to take a stance on this.

Take us as an example, both of those clubs in that game today had a handful of points more than us - had we binned off FFP and spent a bit more it could have been us at Wembley in the ‘ £170m’  - why were we not right behind Steve Gibson? 

More to this than meets the eye.

I can only assume, and of course I could be wrong ,that an element of ‘ if you can’t beat them join them’  is starting to take hold.

Archived