IGNORED

VILLA OR DERBY ?

77 punk

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Agree with all that, the problem is the clubs that make up the rest of the Championship - they should be ensuring that all clubs in the division abide by the rules.

It looks currently that only Boro are prepared to take a stance on this.

Take us as an example, both of those clubs in that game today had a handful of points more than us - had we binned off FFP and spent a bit more it could have been us at Wembley in the ‘ £170m’  - why were we not right behind Steve Gibson? 

More to this than meets the eye.

I can only assume, and of course I could be wrong ,that an element of ‘ if you can’t beat them join them’  is starting to take hold.

The trouble is, past experience of the EFL tells us that if we went a fiver over our limit they`d throw the book at us.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Where..? All I can see is that you fancied Villa. 

If you trawled through Robboreds posts to find that out, then you deserve a ******* medal.

It's hard enough reading his posts once, let alone twice.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The trouble is, past experience of the EFL tells us that if we went a fiver over our limit they`d throw the book at us.

I wonder whether SL finds himself in an awkward position with Mark Ashton holding a position on the EFL board.

This being the case, it would be more than embarrassing if we contravened FFP. As for SL supporting Gibson or taking action himself , and especially bringing the EFL to task for their failures, could put him up against MA.

If this is the case then the best we can hope for is that MA is working on the inside to get some change to the EFL's weak stance on enforcing FFP.

2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

If you trawled through Robboreds posts to find that out, then you deserve a ******* medal.

It's hard enough reading his posts once, let alone twice.

I just searched topics including “promotion” by him, before August. So I could be missing it, but can’t see him putting up much claim for Norwich back then. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I just searched topics including “promotion” by him, before August. So I could be missing it, but can’t see him putting up much claim for Norwich back then. 

I don’t remember making promotion predictions this time last year but it was obvious to any knowledgeable football fan that Norwich would be a force. 

As I posted earlier in this thread I quite fancy the Baggies to go well next season.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I don’t remember making promotion predictions this time last year but it was obvious to any knowledgeable football fan that Norwich would be a force. 

As I posted earlier in this thread I quite fancy the Baggies to go well next season.

You can't maintain a consistent opinion in a topic within a  couple of minutes of contradicting posts, how the hell would you remember what you predicted this time last year?

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did.........

You had Norwich down as a major threat after they finished 14th and sold their best player? Interesting.... Odd you didn't once mention this on OTIB, despite frequently posting about things you tell us you don't have an opinion on or aren't interested in. One time you have such amazing foresight, not a mention. What are the chances!

By way of brief sanity check - a quick search finds a pre-season thread last summer about Stoke being favourites which you contributed to 6 times on the first page, to say you don't think Stoke will do it. Now that was a good prediction, but for some reason you missed an obvious opportunity to mention this additional Norwich vision.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No it wasn’t. They’ve been a real surprise package..! They finished 14th the previous season and sold their best 2 players  

Nobody knew Pukki would make the impact that he has. 

I honestly can’t think of a single person who tipped them before August. 

6 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

You can't maintain a consistent opinion in a topic within a  couple of minutes of contradicting posts, how the hell would you remember what you predicted this time last year?

Because it would be very unusual for me to make predictions. It’s something I rarely do.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

it was obvious to any knowledgeable football fan that Norwich would be a force

When Saturday Comes is a long standing football magazine which I think it's fair to say caters more to proper people that go to football and watch the game at all levels, rather than the glossy magazines sold in newsagents to plastic Premiership fans.

Each season their club-by-club preview is produced by long-standing fans of each club, and their predicted league table is made up of the average predictions of all the fans across the division, so a good representation of knowledgeable football fans.

:ermm:

IMG_0222.thumb.jpg.5a13023676695466afbd38dafcf77882.jpg

Incidentally, Norwich's own supporter said they might just scrape into the play offs. Clearly it wasn't obvious to him, but perhaps he's not knowledgeable enough - though the phrase "knowledgable football fans" itself sounds like vintage Robbored trolling.

You obviously don’t chat with the same City fans as me then. I do remember two guys in the SC&T bar saying they liked the look on Norwich and thought they’d do well.

They'd sold Maddison and had recruited well although back then nobody predicted that Pukki would become so prolific.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

When Saturday Comes is a long standing football magazine which I think it's fair to say caters more to proper people that go to football and watch the game at all levels, rather than the glossy magazines sold in newsagents to plastic Premiership fans.

Each season their club-by-club preview is produced by long-standing fans of each club, and their predicted league table is made up of the average predictions of all the fans across the division, so a good representation of knowledgeable football fans.

:ermm:

IMG_0222.thumb.jpg.5a13023676695466afbd38dafcf77882.jpg

Incidentally, Norwich's own supporter said they might just scrape into the play offs. Clearly it wasn't obvious to him, but perhaps he's not knowledgeable enough - though the phrase "knowledgable football fans" itself sounds like vintage Robbored trolling.

BOOOOOMMM!!!

SUCK ON 'EE TROLL-O-RED

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You obviously don’t chat with the same City fans as me then. I do remember two guys in the SC&T bar saying they liked the look on Norwich and thought they’d do well.

So you’re admitting to plagiarising their foresight and are now claiming it as your own?

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because it would be very unusual for me to make predictions. It’s something I rarely do.

So you don't make predictions but tipped Norwich?  And you don't have an opinion on many things football related but will post on here, telling other OTIB'ers that you don't have an opinion?  Priceless.

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

So you don't make predictions but tipped Norwich?  And you don't have an opinion on many things football related but will post on here, telling other OTIB'ers that you don't have an opinion?  Priceless.

I didn’t ‘tip’ Norwich or any other club. As I posted just now I rarely make predictions but having chatted with other fans who had more information about Norwich and their recruiting it seemed tome that they’d be a force in the Championship. It was no surprise to see them get promoted.

Great to see a massive club back where it belongs - and Villa has a fine manager too ... and good to see Jack Grealish promoted for the first time - and as skipper of the club he supports - that really is living the dream! And the way he handled getting assaulted on the pitch earlier in the season was superb ...

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t ‘tip’ Norwich or any other club. As I posted just now I rarely make predictions, but having chatted with other fans who had more information about Norwich and their recruiting it seemed tome that they’d be a force in the Championship other than with the benefit of hindsight

Accordingly,  It was no surprise to see them get promoted.

:)

49 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Delighted for Dean Smith . I thought Villa were wonderful when we played at Villa Park , you could see his influence . I so wanted him at City , this last  season in Oct when we were dire again . I hope he does  ok in the Prem , he did his apprenticeship before his dream job , Villa were a mess but what resources .... he delivered what should have been easy with that budget . I like the way he sets up his teams . 

I like Dean Smith although dislike Villa. The story about his dad was very moving.

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Grealish is a highly-skilled, tricky player who can run with the ball - hence he gets fouled often. The ‘diving’ tag is largely rubbish ...

He is quality and deserves to be cut a lot of slack. Great player, who has an enormous future in the game. Fair play to the young captain tonight

Hope he enjoys his night. He totally deserves it. They have been pretty much unbeatable since his return from injury. Great talent.

Archived